• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Disney Quest

#1 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My Children and Family, Disney, Games, UFC

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:24 AM

So on my upcoming trip I went from 10 Solo Days to 1 Solo day... I have about a week with my Dad and a week with my Co-Worker.

On my one day I am considering Disney Quest. I have never been to Disney Quest and I have always wanted to try it... reviews hoever are mediocre at best

Considering the fact that I am more or less a video game junky what are your recommendatinos? Would I be better off spending a day in the parks or should I consider DQ?

The date will be 2 May if anyone will be in the area... I have dinner at the Big River Grill that night at about 5pm.

#2 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:20 AM

Disney Quest normally doesn't take an entire day, so if you have the park admission for it, why not just do part of a day at Disney Quest and part of the day at the parks or just park hopping if you don't have the admission!
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:15 PM

I have yet to go there either and I have a PAP. I'll go eventually but when I was coming down on trips before I moved to FL, I never really felt I had enough time to stop in there. I have heard the attractions are fun, but often are down for rehab.

#4 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God
  • Interests:My Children and Family, Disney, Games, UFC

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:22 PM

Matt why don't we plan on hooking up arounf opening on the 2nd of may. I am sure it is more fun with a friend and if it sucks we can just do something else (new wolverine movie comes to mind_.

#5 User is offline   squishybear 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney!!!

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:02 PM

I remember going to Disney Quest in 2000. I really loved it then, but I was younger and the technology seemed really up-to-date then.
I'm not sure how much updates they have had since then. Since it is basically all video-games, you know how easily outdated those can look with regard to computer graphics.
But the concepts were really cool. I remember the Aladdin carpet ride where you wear this headgear that makes it feel like you are actually in Agrabah.
There was also this other ride with Hercules, where every person in your party gets assigned a character and you play through the level together. I think this ride has been replaced by a more modern movie.

But I remember really loving it. If you have the time, definitely go!

#6 User is offline   squishybear 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney!!!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:22 PM

How often do they add new things to Disney quest anyway?

#7 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:58 AM

To me, DQ is a tremendous waste of time & money, however, I am far from a video game junkie. I did like CyberSpace Mountain, where you build your own coaster and fly it via motion simualtor
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#8 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 14 April 2009 - 07:31 PM

I went for my first time over the weekend.

I did enjoy it, the highlights being CyberSpace Mountain, and the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, i really felt enthralled in these attractions.

As for other things, they have a whole lot of Classic arcade games, games that i had only heard rumors they ever existed, like TRON. So if you like classic games check that out. The one thing i would avoid, and i was disappointed in was the Magic Carpets of Aladdin simulator, i had heard many good things about it, and waited in line to do it, and it wasn't that great...

#9 User is offline   Studio Kid 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Visiting the Studios

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:37 PM

I love Disney Quest I think it's awesome and I'm not a video game junkie. Best rides are cyber space mountain, pirates of the caribbean, and Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blaster. Others like jungle cruise, Aladdin, mighty ducks, invasion (only fun when you have 4 people who are good at games), and ride the comix are more or less a hit or miss but def do the top 3.

#10 User is offline   TempoNZ 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:A bit of this a bit of that

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:49 PM

I try to get to DQ every time I head to WDW at least for a few hours etc. I probably wouldn't bother unless I had a PAP as I consider it a good fill in activity when 'm there but certainly not a must do.

as far as updates there really hasn't been a upgrade of a major attraction (the "rides") for the last 4 years (or more?). Not saying the current ones aren't good etc but I don't see them adding any more or new ones any time soon. I think if they got to the stage they had to make a decision about spending a lot of money on a new attraction the decision would probably be made to pull the plug and shut it down (It probably does ok especially on wet days but not well enough to consider capital investment).

It's good fun playing some of the 'old" video games form my childhood like Defender, PacMan etc etc. They have a pretty good selection of 80s/90s games and I can certainly spend a couple of hours going down memory lane having some fun.

I guess I was a kid the home video game systems just couldn't compete visually and in game play to arcade games so heading to the arcade and playing "spacies" was a big deal whereas now with your PC, PS3 and XBox equaling or surpassing the functionality and graphics of arcades there really isn't that wow factor for kids of today.

#11 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:22 PM

Be sure to read Glenn's article this week.
http://www.studiosce...theworld91.html

#12 User is offline   surfpark 

• Studios God

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:24 PM

Rinjo said:

So on my upcoming trip I went from 10 Solo Days to 1 Solo day... I have about a week with my Dad and a week with my Co-Worker.

On my one day I am considering Disney Quest. I have never been to Disney Quest and I have always wanted to try it... reviews hoever are mediocre at best

Considering the fact that I am more or less a video game junky what are your recommendatinos? Would I be better off spending a day in the parks or should I consider DQ?

The date will be 2 May if anyone will be in the area... I have dinner at the Big River Grill that night at about 5pm.

Do Disney Quest! I only went once, and I'm glad I did. I probably won't go again, but I was satisfied to check it out. Disney Quest is the kind of place you can go through in a few hours. I wouldn't even consider it a half-day activity. If you really wanted to fill out a day, I'd do Disney Quest and Downtown Disney on the same day (with some eating in between).

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users