• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Coronado Springs

#1 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:42 PM

First time staying at Coronado Springs, does anyone have any recommendations? How are the buses there?
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#2 User is offline   Howie 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Family, WDW

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:35 AM

we stayed there once and loved it; we stayed in the cabanas 8A which is pretty much the closest to the dig site/pool area; we always rent a car but the few times we decided to take the bus it was right behind our unit across the parking lot and wasnt too bad as far as convenience goes; they had a nice spa there complete with massages and machines; the food court and the restaurant there were very good as well;

#3 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:31 AM

We've Stayed at CSR a few times. The bus service isn't too bad, but you do have to make a number of stops within the resort to pick up other guests depending on which section you stay in. Also, if you can find it, there is a golf cart which will take you from your room location to El Centro during the day/night.

The Cabanas and Casitas are closest to El Centro (Main Lobby, shopps, and dining building). The Ranchos are located in the back of the resort and are the farthest away from El Centro. I'd suggest staying in the Cabanas as that section is convenient to El Centro and The Digg Site (pool area).

Also, The Pepper Market is a great counter service option. It has many choices and options for dining. It is a little on the expensive side, but the portion sizes are large. It is a little strange in that you get a server who you will tip after you are done with your meal.

I haven't tried the Rix Lounge yet. It just opened about a year ago, but I've heard good things about it.

Here is a great website put together by a fan of the resort. It has a lot of good information and pictures.

http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:09 AM

I was there for drinks last night and it's a beautiful resort (I was shocked by how nice it was). The main problem is the place is huge (more spread out than Caribbean Beach). If you get stuck in a room all the way out in the middle of nowhere, you best have a rental car or enjoy walking.

#5 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:50 AM

Wow, "more spread out than Caribbean Beach". I had thought that the Caribbean Beach was the largest of the mod. resorts. I love the CB, but it takes so long for the bus to get out of the resort, as it also does at Saratoga Springs.

At the Caribbean Beach we like to stay at Jamacia because it's away from the main area but close enough to walk there. Does Coronado Springs have a secion like that; away from the busy foot traffic but close enough to walk to get something to eat. I can ask for a certain section, but of course they won't reserve it.

I have to admit, after getting delayed twice due to hurricanes, I have kept to the deluxe resorts, just so I'm not stuck in my room. This is the season.

I'm looking forward to investigating this resort. Can't wait.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users