Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Good off-site restaurants?

#1 User is offline   robmck3898 

• Studios Regular
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:32 PM

For my upcoming trip we will probably try to eat one or two meals off property. I think for one that we are going to Giordano's and have some decent pizza and then for the other, I haven't decided yet. I'd like to do something local, but not too far from the parks, and preferably no chains....so with those caveats any suggestions?

#2 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 20 January 2009 - 05:08 PM

Right outside of Downtown Disney is one of my favorite restaurants, Fuddruckers, even though it is kind of a chain.

#3 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:18 PM

Would Perkins be considered a chain? :
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:11 PM

COH#1fan said:

For sure.

While I like Giordanos, their pizza leaves something to be desired. Go with their pasta instead.

If you want pizza, go for Flippers (in the Crossroads parking lot) or NYPD Pizza (About 2 miles on Route 535...~5 minutes from DTD). For Mexican, I like Vallarta, which is 1/2 mile from DTD entrance to WDW on Route 535.

#5 User is offline   robmck3898 

• Studios Regular

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:12 PM

darthstich said:

Right outside of Downtown Disney is one of my favorite restaurants, Fuddruckers, even though it is kind of a chain.

I do always love Fuddruckers, can't go wrong with a fixin's bar with nacho cheese on it haha.

#6 User is offline   robmck3898 

• Studios Regular

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:15 PM

QuickGold said:

COH#1fan said:

For sure.

While I like Giordanos, their pizza leaves something to be desired. Go with their pasta instead.

If you want pizza, go for Flippers (in the Crossroads parking lot) or NYPD Pizza (About 2 miles on Route 535...~5 minutes from DTD). For Mexican, I like Vallarta, which is 1/2 mile from DTD entrance to WDW on Route 535.

I've heard good things about NYPD, so i guess that starts the debate of what do i like better chicago style or New York style.

Also never actually heard of Perkins, I know we don't have them here in Augusta.

Edit: I just checked out the NYPD pizza place and that looks like really good pizza, might have to check that out.

#7 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:51 AM

There's also some great places in Celebration if you feel like going there...

Market Street Cafe or Town Tavern are two great options with a wide variety.

Also there's a new italian place open with TONS of Disney decorations in Celebration, it's called Angelina's. It's to die for!
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#8 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:54 AM

PixieDust said:

Also there's a new italian place open with TONS of Disney decorations in Celebration, it's called Angelina's. It's to die for!
Is that downtown near those other restaurants by the water? Sounds very interesting!

To add to what Jeanne said, the restaurants at Celebration are very nice and a fraction of the cost of a similar meal on WDW property.

#9 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:48 PM

I've heard great things about the Celebration Town Tavern.

Fudruckers would also be a very good alternative if you want a hamburger. The Giordano's in Downtown Chicago is top notch, but I can't comment on the one in Orlando because I haven't tried that one yet.

#10 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God
  • Interests:My Children and Family, Disney, Games, UFC

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:09 AM

Good tips! I am going to have to write some of these down!

#11 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:28 AM

An excellent Mexican restaurant (although a bit farther from WDW than the ones already noted) on 192 just before John Young Parkway in Kissimmee is Garibaldi's. Fairly small, nice decor, very good service and GREAT fairly inexpensive.... On weekend evenings they have a Mariachi band, too!

Also Joe's Crab Shack (granted a chain) on 192 in Celebration was pertty good the one time we were there.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#12 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:54 AM

QuickGold said:

PixieDust said:

Is that downtown near those other restaurants by the water? Sounds very interesting!

To add to what Jeanne said, the restaurants at Celebration are very nice and a fraction of the cost of a similar meal on WDW property.

Nope Matt, it's in Water Tower Plaza where the Moe's used to be. It's right near the Coldstone in Celebration.
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#13 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:09 PM

HDLady said:

An excellent Mexican restaurant (although a bit farther from WDW than the ones already noted) on 192 just before John Young Parkway in Kissimmee is Garibaldi's. Fairly small, nice decor, very good service and GREAT fairly inexpensive.... On weekend evenings they have a Mariachi band, too!
I tried this place but wasn't overly impressed. It was good, but no better than say Vallarta, which is much closer to WDW property. It's not bad, but not worth the drive IMO. :)

#14 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 04:21 PM

You're probably right, Matt but since I've never been to Vallarta and Garabali is closer to where I live, I'm familiar with it.

Thought about another place we like called Buffalo Wild Wings in the Crossroads. They have maybe 15 different sauces for your wings. Only thing I find annoying is that it's a sports bar and can be MIGHTY loud if there are games on! We try to go at off times to avoid the "game crowd".
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users