Studios Central: AKL Safari - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AKL Safari

#1 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 26 March 2005 - 09:04 AM

I relaly wanna stay at AKL because they offer some special tours of the grounds to people just staying at AKL or they used to. That would be GREAT to see. :-)
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 26 March 2005 - 11:34 AM

PixieDust said:

I relaly wanna stay at AKL because they offer some special tours of the grounds to people just staying at AKL or they used to. That would be GREAT to see. :-)
Yea the morning safari sounds very cool but there's that new safari program open to everyone: http://mgmstudios.org/board/viewtopic.php?...ighlight=safari

#3 User is offline   Howie 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Family, WDW

Posted 26 March 2005 - 04:03 PM

we did the sunrise safari back in 2001 when we stayed at the AKL for the start of Walt's 100th and it was fabulous; here is a snippet from my trip report and if you like the excerpt i could be persuaded to post the entire report also - i could use the points ;-) lol:

OUR LAST AND FINAL TRIP EVER TO WDW- NOT!!!-Part2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Trip Report filed by Hºoºwie on 10/19/2001:

Howie - 49 year old maniac as you are all well aware
Susan - 46 year old ever so much more emerging from the closet disneyworld lover
Sarah - 9 year old newly published disneyworld author (p. 83 of birnbaums for kids) and daddas little girl

AKL Concierge Room 5305

So after this off to bed because tomorrow is the already famous 'Sunrise Safari'.

Day 5-Tuesday-Oct 2-

So Mickey wakes up up at 5 AM but there is really no need because it is easy waking up early in WDW especially when you get to peek out your window and see the animals stirring before dawn. This was an easy day because we did not have to rush to valet the car somewhere and be first at a park gate. We just had to take the elevator up 1 floor to the concierge lounge and wait there. Of course we were first anyway as usual. Even though the Sunrise safari was always planned for a 6:15ish meet in the lounge, I guess they didn't originally plan for the later sunrises so we were told the night before to be around there by 7 AM. We got there at 6 anyway and watched everyone else come in. Then Jennifer and Joe, the guides came in and made some announcements and off we headed to the bus out front. There were only around 20 people or so in our group and we boarded the bus to the AK. It is only a few minute ride over to the AK especially if you take the back door in and we were given a tour of all the facilities backstage. We then got off the bus and walked around and then headed over to the Safari Ride. By this time Sarah made friends with Jen and they were walking and talking up front. Now we got to board the ride, up front of course, thanks to Sarah and off we went to see all the newly awaken animals. This was a very slow ride and we stopped anywhere we wanted to to take as may photos as we liked. We probably saw every animal that was in the AK that day and got some really great closeups like the huge white rhino right by our car looking up at us. After the ride we went over to the Tusker House Restaurant. This was a fantastic buffet with a great presentation and we sat at a table in the corner and then Jen and Joe joined us for lunch. We had some great conversations with them and learned a lot more from them at breakfast. After breakfast, the park was now open but it was pretty empty so we headed over to Dinoland and walked on Dinosaur twice. Then Sarah wanted to play in the boneyard and fossil digs which she did and then towards the end I told Susan and Sarah that I would head over to Tarzan Rocks and wait on any line that might appear and they should meet me there. So as usual I was first on line and when they let us in, I grabbed the very front stage right corner seats next to the runway again so that Sarah could shake Terks hand again after the performance. They came in towards the end of the theaters filling and found me way up front. The show was as exciting as ever and at the end Terk reached over to shake my hand and Sarah's. Next we walked into to Tough to be A Bug where sarah learned how to sit with her feet up and with her backpack behind her to avoid any of the surprises she dislikes lol. Soon it was time for lunch at the RFC and we went in but we weren't really that hungry after such a breakfast that was provided for us. So instead of my usual appy and full rack of Mojo Bones, I just had a pasta and Sarah set up with the waitress about our anniversary and they brought over a free dessert for the table-it wasnt the volcano but we didnt have much room for that anyway ;-). Now over to Camp Minnie Mickey where Sarah got plenty of character interaction especially with Baloo-her favorite. There was virtually nobody around them and when Sarah told Baloo that he was her favorite he danced around with her and hugged her up. Then Susan joined in and the three of them sang and danced to Bare Necessities and rubbed their backs on one another. After visiting many more characters there we headed over to the Pochahontas show and Sarah went right up front. We did a few more things and then headed back to the AKL and tonight was to be a restful night with dinner at the concierge lounge and just hanging around the lodge. We skipped the new AK parade and figured to catch it another day.

:king:

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 26 March 2005 - 07:32 PM

Great Story Howie. You're really quite good at these trip reports. Feel free to repost your trip reports...nothing to lose and you gain points :P

#5 User is offline   Howie 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Family, WDW

Posted 26 March 2005 - 09:16 PM

QuickGold said:

Great Story Howie. You're really quite good at these trip reports. Feel free to repost your trip reports...nothing to lose and you gain points ;)

ok my arm got twisted again; ill post it tonight real soon :-);

:king:

#6 User is offline   BraveLilToaster 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 27 March 2005 - 09:09 PM

PixieDust said:

get a job that pays well and we can stay there for my 20th birthday. Because it makes TOTAL sense to pay that much for a hotel room when you live down there. But I wanna go on a spiffy safari thing. :P

#7 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 28 March 2005 - 04:58 PM

Dude... we should save up money adn split a hotel room for a day over a vacation or something. dude. lol. you and i are gonna be disney nerds.
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#8 User is offline   greenwaterr 

• Studios Regular
  • Interests:power rangers

Posted 13 April 2005 - 11:07 PM

well for me is the best resort I didn´t go on safari but I loved it 8)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users