Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weekend 1 report from lukewarm

#1 User is offline   lukewarm 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:26 PM

well that was just fantastic! here's a little report from day one of sww.

as you probably know all limited merch is being sold at soundstage 1. i got to the park an hour before open, ran to the area right before the hat after they opened the gates around 8:50am. then had to wait for a few more minutes in front of the big hat. before everyone was released, folks were told to walk, not run, or face not being allowed into the soundstage. a mad walk/dash was then made by everyone towards the soundstage. i ended up having to wait 1 hour 40 minutes (10:40am) to get my boxed jedi & sith lightsaber pin set among a few other things.

man, i didn't realize how huge the mickey jedi big fig is! people were gobbling up the merch non-stop, tons of people buying the pin sets and mickey big fig. i'm heading back next friday, and i would not be surprised to find a lot of the limited stuff completely sold out. hopefully that is not the case for future attendees, but the line remained outside the door until about 2pm. expect a very long wait. and if you want autographs too, good luck. it's either/or; i suggest bringing someone along who doesn't care for the autographs, but can get you a fast pass.

and at the information desk i was told that the trivia contest was all signed up for by 11am, making it next to impossible to do everything the day offers due to the very long lines.

my first sww was last year, but this was easily far more crowded and ravenous compared to the previous. my advice: get to the park at least an hour before open and head directly to what you want the most, be it limited merch, autographs, or trivia bowl.

may the force be with everybody!

#2 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 23 May 2006 - 07:39 AM

Thanks for the report! From what I understand 1 hour and 40 minutes was good timing LOL I heard people waited on line for 3-4 hours!!! Thank goodness my family isn't into LE collectibles....YET! :roll:

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 23 May 2006 - 12:42 PM

Figaro said:

Thank goodness my family isn't into LE collectibles....YET! :roll:
:thumleft: Same here. I'm glad I haven't become obsessed with them yet. Nevermind the money I'm saving, it's the time it takes to get a hold of them.

#4 User is offline   lordtyger72 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Star Wars, Knight Rider

Posted 23 May 2006 - 09:22 PM

I deffinately agree. It is an either/or thing going on here. I wanted to get some pics of the parade and maybe video it, but I figured the merchendise was gonna be gone. Dang cloning isn;t as good here as Kamino, so two places at once wasn;t an option...*L* But glad ya had fun and good luck this coming weekend!

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 24 May 2006 - 12:41 PM

I can't empjhasize enough to prioritize what you want to see and do during SWW. Make a list between merchandise, celebritiy signings and trivia and do it at 9am in the order you prioritized.

#6 User is offline   patrokls 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 25 May 2006 - 07:55 PM

QuickGold said:

I can't empjhasize enough to prioritize what you want to see and do during SWW. Make a list between merchandise, celebritiy signings and trivia and do it at 9am in the order you prioritized.

I did. The best laid plans go out the window when the shooting begins. :? I guess it would have helped if I could have gotten a later time for my autograph. Luckily my plans for the weekend overall were pretty loose.

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 26 May 2006 - 12:18 PM

patrokls said:

QuickGold said:

I did. The best laid plans go out the window when the shooting begins. :? I guess it would have helped if I could have gotten a later time for my autograph. Luckily my plans for the weekend overall were pretty loose.
Since you had it planned as best as you could then all you can do is say C'est la vie and move on. I'm sure there were plenty of other people who went in with no plan whatsoever and got nothing done.

#8 User is offline   Aurora's Jedi 

• Studios Regular

Posted 02 June 2006 - 09:07 PM

Matt, would it work to do merchandise one day and celeb meetings and other stuff one of the other days?

#9 User is offline   patrokls 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 02 June 2006 - 09:48 PM

Aurora said:

Matt, would it work to do merchandise one day and celeb meetings and other stuff one of the other days?

Not Matt, but that's what I ended up doing. The only thing I wish I had done differently was go for Warwick Davis' autograph on Friday. He was only signing at 2:15pm so I would have had time for merch. and the auto..

#10 User is offline   Aurora's Jedi 

• Studios Regular

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:31 AM

Thanks, that's good to know. I'm still unsure as to whether I would do the celebrity thing. It would probably depend on who was going to be there. I'm certainly interested in some of the LE merchandise, but definitely along the lines of the stuff like pins and Disney/Star Wars plush. I may be a collector of both Disney and Star Wars, but the super expensive items haven't quite snared me yet, even if I do collect Gentle Giant mini-bust and Master Replicas mini-sabers.

#11 User is offline   patrokls 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 03 June 2006 - 01:26 PM

I'm not really into the celebrity thing either. For me it was just a part of the weekend fun. Plus, its a free souvenir and how many of those can you get at Disney. The problem with the merchandise is that you have to wait in the same line whether you want one pin or everything they have. Still, its an interesting experience.

#12 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 05 June 2006 - 12:52 PM

Aurora said:

Like patrokls said, I think that's a great idea Aurora. You don't have to do all of SWW in one day, which is part of the reason why the event is on 3 days per week. I would spread it out if you can as it will be far easier on you to be able to tour this way. If you can't, make sure you prioritize what you want to do and do it in that order.

#13 User is offline   Aurora's Jedi 

• Studios Regular

Posted 05 June 2006 - 01:17 PM

Thanks. My mom might come with me and since she needs a wheelchair to get around WDW, she says that she'll wait in line for merchandise while I run around and do other things.

The podcast is great by the way. The discount on touringplans.com you gave was wonderful, especially since the UG got packed in a hidden place and they didn't realize where they packed until they were unpacking after the trip. Thanks to the plans I'd printed up, I wasn't worried about.

P.S. Scopa Towers rules.

#14 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 05 June 2006 - 01:22 PM

Glad we could be of some help to you. And welcome to the site!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users