Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Backlot Express Suffers a Loss

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 23 September 2002 - 05:49 PM

The Fixins Bar at Backlot Express has been removed, unfortunatley :x I always liked it as you could make the burgers the way you like it...lots of whatever or very little of whatever. Another cost cutting measure that doesn't sit well with me.

#2 User is offline   Robfasto 

• Studios Regular
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 September 2002 - 09:10 AM

All of the Fixin' bars or just 1 of them?

If it is all of them how do the Burgers come?

I know for a fact it will take more MANPOWER to make 'custom' burgers since that is how it was at EPCOT while I was working there back in 1982.

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 24 September 2002 - 10:44 AM

They're all gone. And I think the cost cutting measure was not in terms of manpower, but I guess by letting guests do it, they lost more money on food as guests could take as much as they wanted.

#4 User is offline   Robfasto 

• Studios Regular

Posted 24 September 2002 - 02:17 PM

While I worked at Stargate & Odyessy at EPCOT we used to go through 400 DOZEN burgers per day (4800 Burgers) and we had to make had to add Lettuce, Tomato, Pickle and Cheese to order. That was always the advantage of the bars is that they could just SLAP a burger together and send it out, not having to worry about what goes on it. Plus the bar had more chooses than the 4 items listed above. For the CM's making burgers it is going from a NO BRAINER to something they really have to think about.

Besides, the Backlot Express was the ONLY place we ate at while at the Studios. If this is a permanent change then I guess we won't be eatting there anymore.

No the big question is, what happens at the other restaurants that have bars and places like Pecos Bills that has the MEGA bar with a Chef making onions, green peppers and mushrooms all day.

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 24 September 2002 - 04:14 PM

I believe it was Cosmic Rays that had their Fixins bar removed last year but it did return so this could be another Disney "experiment".

Also, one of the reasons given by some CM's is that there are folks who skip the line and go right to the fixins bar and make themselves some salad out of it. A few bad apples ruin everything :D

The best option we have is to emal Disney at WDW.Guest.Communications@disney.com and complain.

#6 User is offline   Robfasto 

• Studios Regular

Posted 24 September 2002 - 08:44 PM

I have heard about people like that, those are the same type people that use the refillable mugs for 3 and 4 years and spoil it for those who try to do things the right way.

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 24 September 2002 - 10:53 PM

I might see some people's points with the mugs, but the abuse of the fixins bar is just wrong. I don't mean to preach, well....I guess I do, but I know we all want to save some money but things like this need to stop.

#8 User is offline   Belle13 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Disney

Posted 12 January 2003 - 12:07 AM

The fixings bar at Pecos Bills was alive and well in October. We haven't eaten at Cosmic Rays since May of 2001, so I can't comment on that!

#9 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 12 January 2003 - 11:21 PM

What kind of food does Pecos Bill serve? And is it any good?

#10 User is offline   ObsessedPlutoFreekette 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Anything Country, 4wheeler ridin, partyin, goin 2 Disney :)

Posted 09 April 2003 - 10:51 AM

I was disappointed this year because of this. Their food is still friggin awesome, but the reason I always wanted to eat at Backlot is because you got to make your own... I understand the whole ppl skipping the line thing, but disney can afford to hire someone else and it wouldnt be that hard of a job to post a worker out there and maybe even have to show a receipt before you can dress ur burger or other food. *shrugs* but this was a huge diss. to me b/c before, we would leave one park around lunch time and go to MGM and have lunch there b/c of that restraunt being as i love it so much. :shifty: oh well.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users