#21 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:02 PM

STAR WARS WEEKENDS Episode VI
June 8th *after the party
Return to Magic Kingdom

Imediately following the most fantastic Star Wars Weekends Dinner Party, the daughter of the Sith Lord and the son of Figaro have managed to beg their way into a return trip to the Magic Kingdom for Evening Magic Hours. Three parents & two children, opposing forces thrown together for one last opportunity to bring balance to the weekends events. The Sith Lord keeps a close eye on the young jedi as they lead the way to each adventure of the evening......

Ok to be blunt... this should have been finished "a long time ago, in a ..." well you get the idea. After the dinner party as I mentioned the children begged for a trip the Magic Kingdom. Let me first say that Figaro's family is great! We had met several years ago for the first time at Star Wars Weekends during a weekend 1 meet for this site and have been a constant source of amusement for Matt ever since our children first met. On this night, because it was getting late, Figaro's husband opted to take their young daughter back to the resort for the rest of the night while Figaro, her son, Mrs. Sith, my daughter and I all went back to the Magic Kingdom.

Basically for the adults this was just more of an opportunity for us to compare notes on everything we loved about the evening, what we love about Disney World and any number of other subjects. For all of that alone I had a great time just talking. Now the children, they had an agenda. RIDES! That was fine because this Sith can do that too! When we first arrived at MK, the Spectro-magic parade was up and running. No problem as both families are Disney vets... only we remained so enthralled with our conversating that we kept working our way into the parade rather than around it. (we insisted on going left when right would have gotten us away from everything. No excuse other than we were just distracted.

The first stop after getting through the parade finally was Big Thunder Mountain. Short wait and smiles all around for everyone. Then it was off to Haunted Mansion. It was here that Matt would have gotten his best chuckle for the evening. On the flight home my daughter shared that it was here that Figaro's son offered to hold my daughters hand in case she got scared :shock: , since they had insisted that they would both ride together in the Doom Buggy. Ahhh what a young gentleman. :notamused: Obviously this Jedi bears a closer eye in the future. :fett: Of couse its fun to kid about this, but the truth is that the kids had a great time and so did the grown ups.

Splash Mountain was also a blast, although Mrs. Sith opted out of the chance to get wet. She may have been the smart one, but we managed to have a great time just the same. I love that ride.

We ran around MK finishing up finally at Space Mountain where we rode multiple times. This Sith Lord kept a close eye on the kids. Parental supervision is key in these cases where two Anakin and Padme wanna be's are concerned. Apparently I just missed the little comment at the Haunted Mansion, but otherwise kept the situation under control. Still with each ride and each decision the hour was getting very late.

They had a fantastic time, but they were only staying awake because of the adrenaline rush coming from each ride. Once we told them it was time to leave you could see the entire day catch up with both of them. It was a quiet monorail ride back to the parking lot for the children. The adults were holding on, but also showing signs of dragging. We drove back to the DVC resort for Figaro and were very appreciative for having the opportunity to spend the evening with them. After bidding them both good night we drove out from the DVC resort only to have my daughter fall asleep in the back of the car before we ever got to the exit gate. It was a wonderful end to a tremendous day. Thanks to Figaro & son for a lovely night. Also for her husband for doing the less glamorous, but more important work with the youngest.

The next day, June 9th was our least favorite day of the trip. Of course we hate going home! We had a late flight out, so we went to the Studios to try one last time to get on Toy Story Mania. :spear: NOPE. That line was unreal the entire weekend. So we grudgingly gave up on this for SWW and went to Epcot, which also turned out to be super busy. Frustrated we took a spin on Spaceship Earth which stopped 3 times during the course of the ride. Two of the stops were VERY extened, right by the radio room giving info on Jesse Owens. The only good thing here was that we were not trapped near the Volcanic area, because we were here FOREVER! Those poor people stuck in there all that time... yikes. Anyway it would be nice if when the ride stops, that interactive screen would do something to entertain. I was driven half mad by that little area we were trapped in.

The end of the ride was amusing as I did not know the system takes your picture and puts it on the view screen in your new modern surroundings showing life in the future. Since my wife and daughter were together up front, they saw their "characters" interacting together, gardening, playing and such. I peaked at it and thought it was pretty funny. For my screen, I had selected things I'd like help with such as cleaning, cooking and help picking out what to wear as things I would like to see in the future just for the sake of making selections. Since I had been by myself in the back, I was given a computer generated person for my life in the future. To my suprise the computer offered me a man as the other person in my future world and my picture came out less than stellar, so my future world looked as though it was tailor made for happy me and my "life partner". It showed me happy with what I was wearing, happy not to have to do the cleaning and enjoying a fantastic meal with my friend. (Note to Disney, this just didn't look right!)

After this we walked around some more and got a bite to eat before we left Epcot. We killed some time on the way to the airport for the uneventful flight home. Happy with what we had accomplished and the people we had seen, but sad to be heading back to reality. It was a great trip and just left us even more eager for our next journey. DISNEYLAND, where it all began.

There finally the circle is now complete! It only took 2 plus months!!!!!!
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#22 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:07 PM

QuickGold said:

Nice summary of the dinner event Colin. The whole dinner event went exceedingly well and I had a great time. I'm looking forward to a future Colin vs. Glenn trivia contest.

Oh, that could be fun..... SITH & CHAOS together again!
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#23 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:49 AM

Nice wrap up of the trip Colin.....even if it took you a long time to do it :lol:

#24 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:58 AM

QuickGold said:

Nice wrap up of the trip Colin.....even if it took you a long time to do it :lol:

Thanks. I was more irritated than anything else. I've had no time to do anything recently and this was one of those things I had wanted to work on. The more time that passed the more I needed to finish this just for my own piece of mind.

I also want to write about my Disneyland experience soon, albeit in a more straightforward way. We had a great trip and once again got to spend time with a fantastic member of this site! :lol:

POFQ May 16-19

#25 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Star Wars, Disney, Pixar

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:46 PM

Nice report. I've never been to SWW before and can't wait to experience it for myself in May.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users