• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What to do

#1 User is offline   SaZedy 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Surfing

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:42 AM

Hey All, sorry Ive been away for the past 2 weeks. My wife and I just welcomed the newest addition to the 99soulz family. We had our second child and our 3 year old daughter is very happy to have a new little sister Everyone is doing great and we are very happy to be blessed again. Looks like more princess meals and dress-ups to come

So, my wife and I are heading down to WDW for a 3 day mini-trip to attend a friends wedding that will be taking place on property at the Wedding Pavilion at the end of June and we were trying to decide what kind of trip we should plan.

Do we:

1 Spend 2 days in the parks trying to hit all of our favorite attractions since we will be child-free and not restricted with the larger thrill-rides such as ToT, RnR, the complete Mtn range...etc.

or

2 Take advantage of being child-free and do some outside the park relaxing stuff like one of the top-notch restaurants, spa, resort-hop....etc. things that we dont normally do with the kids.

We will be there for 3 nights but 1 is dedicated to the wedding and reception so will probably have 2 nights and just about 2 days to do what we want.

So, any suggestions of making this trip a little more different since we are not going to have a full fledge week to plan out and do all that wed like but still make the most of it?

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:42 AM

Good question. I like both options although #2 I could see being done with kids more easily than #1.

I'd likely go for #1 since you can ride things you two want to ride and enjoy.

#3 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:50 PM

I go #1, I always choose the parks
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#4 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:35 AM

Congrats on the new addition to your family!!! I agree... I would select parks over option#2. Even once both kids are old enough to ride all the rides, there's some chance you still won't be able to ride all the rides as a family. You might wind up with a kid that hates thrill rides so it might be 10 or more years before you and your wife can ride thrill rides together without doing kid swap... You can always get a baby sitter for a couple of hours and do dinner out or spa afternoon at home.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#5 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Running, Eating, Laughing, Running, Eating, Laughing

Posted 30 August 2009 - 11:12 PM

I would opt for a combo of the two. Use a well organized touring plan, hit the big things in the morning and then use the evening to relax and try some of your #2 options. Spas are always more relaxing sans children. You could hit a Segway Tour, carriage ride or a special dinner/party. Although I enjoy the frenetic energy of the parks, sometimes a vacation for me is calming everything down enough to just enjoy the moment...especially because you will be going back to the kids.

Congrats on the new addition, I hope all are enjoying the new "roommate." Sometimes it takes awhile to get them moved in.

#6 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:24 AM

If it were me I'd find a combination of both. 1 night doing the attractions and then another night for you and your spouse. Finding a balance is usually a good thing and it would seem to hold true in this scenario.

Have a great time!

#7 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:51 PM

Congrats on the new arrival.

I say do #1. The parks are always at the top of my list.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users