Black and White

Welcome to another week of showcasing photos people just like you took during their trips to Hollywood Studios and this week, we’re looking at photos that have a central theme of "black and white".  As with every week, the theme means different things to different people so let’s take a look at the photos that were submitted.

Welcome to another week of showcasing photos people just like you took during their trips to Hollywood Studios and this week, we’re looking at photos that have a central theme of "black and white".  As with every week, the theme means different things to different people so let’s take a look at the photos that were submitted.

Photo by Anne Campbell of Massachusetts

Our first photo is of Steamboat Mickey as seen in Fantasmic’s finale.  I always thought this was such a smart idea to show vintage Mickey Mouse by making him appear to be in black and white.  On a side note, once you see the Steamboat Willie progression in Fantasmic, if you’re looking to beat the crowd out of the stadium, this is the time to leave.

Photo by Jeff Kocan of Brooklyn, NY

Rather than go for showing a photo in black and white, Jeff shows us a photo of a gangster from the Great Movie Ride on his way back from lunch wearing that trademark black pinstriped suit and it certainly is black and white.

Photo by Bonnie Smith of Lake Placid, Florida

To be honest, when I posted this week’s theme, I expected lots of artsy black and white photos that people took and I’m thrilled to see the creativity from our readers, like this photo by Bonnie Smith of the storm troopers on parade in the Studios during Star Wars Weekends.  Their white armor and black everything else certainly fit this week’s theme and make for a great photo.

Be sure to send us your photos for next week, which will feature the theme of "looking down". Any photos you may have from Hollywood Studios that you think fits into the theme of "looking down" can be sent to us to be featured in this column.