Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Indy / Pirates "Crazy Idea"

#1 User is offline   lostinthought 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:59 PM

had a crazy idea the other day. so, one of the attractions that i would love to see make the cross-country jump is the Indiana Jones ride from Disneyland (maybe even with a fresher and/or different take).

so, what if Disney decided to do this at DHS:

Demolish Backlot Express (would anyone miss the iconic burgers and chicken fingers?)
In its place, build the Indiana Jones simulator/adventure ride

Now, here's the kicker:
replace the Indiana Jones stunt spectacular with a Pirates of the Caribbean themed stunt show. it could keep the same idea of a working set, but now it could involve water and other pirate-themed stunts (high wire, more sword fighting, swinging from great heights) that are unique to that genre. plus, it would feature a more modern film (one that kids would recognize more readily), but since the style would still be classic-buccaneer, it would be able to live for a long time, much like Indiana Jones has. and with all of the movies to work off of, they range of stunts and sets you would be able to source from would be quite large as well.

thought?

#2 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:19 AM

LOVE the Pirates idea! Agree it would be a big hit with kids & adults and would have lasting appeal. I would miss the Indy show but we only see it every other year or so anyway.

I would love to see the Indy attraction come to WDW but there have been rumors about it for years. I would think that if it was possible, it would have been done a while ago.

Right now DHS is a little more than half day visit for us. I'm not really sure what they could do to make it more. They seem to be trying to lure the kids more with Toy Store etc but the lines are usually so long. If we don't get fastpasses, we skip it until next trip. Maybe they just need more attractions in general to disperse the crowds somewhat.

#3 User is offline   sarahzy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:30 AM

I'd love to see Indy at WDW, but I don't think it would happen while Dinosaur is still here because it's the same ride (though one is awesome and the other one scares the crap out of me). I'd really love to see it here though and think the stage show could use a refurb.

#4 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God
  • Interests:My Children and Family, Disney, Games, UFC

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:23 PM

I am not so sure Sarah. It is only the same ride in the way that Its a Small world and Pirates are the same ride. :) Or Buzz Lightyear and Haunted Mansion are the same ride. (Ok Buzz spins... but so does Mansion in parts right?)

#5 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:27 PM

Definately not enough room where the Backlot express is. The building is just not that big. If they took up the space that the stunt show covers, plus the Backlot then maybe.

#6 User is offline   sarahzy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:12 AM

Well, the ride track is the exact same and so are the cars. Though, outside of that you're right that they couldn't be more different when it comes to theme. See the comment about scary versus not. ;)

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:34 AM

I'd disagree about removing Backlot Express. You may not love the menu, but we can always use more counter service locations, especially air conditioned ones.

#8 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God
  • Interests:My Children and Family, Disney, Games, UFC

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:47 PM

I had no idea that the ride track was the same! I have never ridden Indy so my ignorance once again shows through! :) I have been lawyered!

#9 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:47 PM

View PostQuickGold, on 09 June 2011 - 10:34 AM, said:

I'd disagree about removing Backlot Express. You may not love the menu, but we can always use more counter service locations, especially air conditioned ones.

I agree, Matt. While the food is mediocre (at best) the air conditioning is a nice break and I've found that it's usually less crowded than other counter service at DHS.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#10 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:28 PM

While I'd LOVE Indy here, I got to disagree about the Pirates stunt show.
A. My nostalgia kicks in with Pirates being a ride first and then a movie. The Ride is in Magic Kingdom, there doesn't really need to be any other POTC attraction in WDW (I'm still not sure how I feel about the one in DisneyQuest).
B. Universal has a Sinbad stunt show, and I feel a POTC Stunt Show would be just a bit to similar, since they already copied the layout of the Indy theatre for that show anyways.
C. Don't get rid of the only restraunt in DHS that has self serve drinks. I hate paying for refils after I wash down my mediocre burger and chicken fingers.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users