Studios Central: Hello, Hollywood ;) - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hello, Hollywood ;) I'm new

#1 User is offline   Pirka 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My greatest passion is animation of all kinds, Western and Eastern! I hope to be an animator someday. For now, I spend so much time drawing anyways!<br />I recently celebrated my 16th birthday at WDW (my 5th time altogether but my only birthday there since I was *6*). It was *amazing*. I rode the ToT for the first time (I was absolutely petrified, as I am NOT a thrill ride person) but it was sooo worth it ;)<br />I also love the Citizens of Hollywood, and it feels so cool to see a site where other people love them and know who they are!<br />I hope that I will be a good part of the community here at Studios Central!<br /><br />~ Pirka

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:10 AM

Posted Image

Oh, hello there! I'm the Pirka! I've been lurking here for quite a while (even on my Blackberry while I was at the park, heh) and have finally decided to bite the bullet and post here!

My greatest passion is animation of all kinds, Western and Eastern! I hope to be an animator someday. For now, I spend so much time drawing anyways!

I recently celebrated my 16th birthday at WDW on October 27th (my 5th time altogether but my only birthday there since I was 6...wow, a decade ago). It was amazing. I rode the ToT for the first time (I was absolutely petrified, as I am NOT a thrill ride person, but I felt inclined to because I absolutely love the Twilight Zone and bellhop uniforms) but it was sooo worth it! ;)

I also love the Citizens of Hollywood, and it feels so cool to see a site where other people love them and know who they are! The first one I ever met was Paige Turner in 2006 (or maybe 07?). This year, I got to soiree with Otto Von Bon Bahn, Cynthia Bloom, Honey Darling, "Ready" Freddy Fiddlesticks and Flavio Fellini (I *just* missed Shelby Mayer! And Sparky was nowhere to be seen! Aw, next time...).

I'm also a huge Stitch fan and an equally huge Imagination Institute fan...but that has no relevance here. :D Tehehehe

I hope that I will be a good part of the community here at Studios Central!

~ Pirka

PS: If you're wondering, my avatar isn't me. Heh. It's actually a Hollywood Tower Hotel bellhop character I made up named Mr. Rodney Dusk :);;
PSS: I hope I don't seem like a dork right now.
"I like Canadians. They look just like Americans! Isn't that weird?"
~ "Ready" Freddy Fiddlesticks

One little spark of inspiration
Is at the heart of all creation
Right at the start of everything that's new
One little spark
Lights up for you!

#2 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God
  • Interests:My Children and Family, Disney, Games, UFC

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:13 AM

Welcome!!!! You are not wierd at all! In fact you are in great company.

One of my favorite things to do at the studios is to hang out with the citizens of hollywood... in fact my kids love when I break into the...

99 X walk into a bar... and the bartender says...

and I go on and on with lame jokes... Who is the dork now?

Or when I tell paige turner that I am int he air force and she starts yelling to everyone in the area... "OH ITS AN OFFICER..." as only she can say it with her accent...

Anyway... WELCOME!!!

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:48 AM

Welcome to Studios Central Pirka!

#4 User is offline   FRD714 

• Here We Go! 5..4..3..2...

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:21 PM

Welcome!
Frank
"We'd like to dedicate this to our friends out there in that superstretch limo...."

#5 User is offline   Mousekedude 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Disney, boating, fishing, reading, good music.

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:32 PM

Welcome welcome, Pirka! You seem very creative and articulate for your age, and you're in good company here! I'm relatively new myself, compared to most here, but I can say with confidence that I'm sure you'll do well here. I like how you tied your first post to your interests in your profile. Glad to see that you set up your profile so we can know a little about you. I started a thread to encourage everyone to do that. Helps us all get to know a little about each other, IMHO, don't you think? :)
I'm not a Disney freak... I'm NOT, I tell you... no way.... you can't prove it....

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:06 PM

View PostMousekedude, on Nov 5 2009, 12:32 PM, said:

Helps us all get to know a little about each other, IMHO, don't you think? :D

You are correct. Heck, that's the purpose of this forum and to a larger extent this message boards; a place for those who enjoy the Studios to not just share their affinity for the park in one place but to also to get to know everyone because I know from meeting many of you in Disney World, it's fantastic being able to connect with people who are like-minded. :)

#7 User is offline   Pirka 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:My greatest passion is animation of all kinds, Western and Eastern! I hope to be an animator someday. For now, I spend so much time drawing anyways!<br />I recently celebrated my 16th birthday at WDW (my 5th time altogether but my only birthday there since I was *6*). It was *amazing*. I rode the ToT for the first time (I was absolutely petrified, as I am NOT a thrill ride person) but it was sooo worth it ;)<br />I also love the Citizens of Hollywood, and it feels so cool to see a site where other people love them and know who they are!<br />I hope that I will be a good part of the community here at Studios Central!<br /><br />~ Pirka

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:15 PM

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! It really does mean a lot to me :)

Posted Image

~ Pirka
"I like Canadians. They look just like Americans! Isn't that weird?"
~ "Ready" Freddy Fiddlesticks

One little spark of inspiration
Is at the heart of all creation
Right at the start of everything that's new
One little spark
Lights up for you!

#8 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:28 PM

View PostPirka, on Nov 5 2009, 10:10 AM, said:

Oh, hello there! I'm the Pirka! I've been lurking here for quite a while (even on my Blackberry while I was at the park, heh) and have finally decided to bite the bullet and post here!

I recently celebrated my 16th birthday at WDW on October 27th (my 5th time altogether but my only birthday there since I was 6...wow, a decade ago).

I also love the Citizens of Hollywood, and it feels so cool to see a site where other people love them and know who they are! (I *just* missed Shelby Mayer! And Sparky was nowhere to be seen! Aw, next time...).

I hope that I will be a good part of the community here at Studios Central!

~ Pirka

Welcome Pirka and happy belated birthday (we share the same birthday month). As far as being "a good part of the community", you already are; you went from lerking to posting.

It's to bad you missed Shelby Mayer, he is fabulous. When he's on the streets, he owns them. Were you at the Studios on a Friday or Saturday? The Hollywood Public Works guys are off that day. And he's also getting ready to be a Santa at Epcot (Norway). He'll be there a few days a week. I'm not sure when that starts though. So good for Epcot, but bad for the fans of HPW's.

Welcome again. I look forward to hearing more from you and seeing some of your animation.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#9 User is offline   TheInfrequentVisitor 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney, Music, Movies

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:23 AM

Welcome to the forum!

#10 User is offline   Figaro