Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Pirate League At MK

#1 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:49 PM

I'm guessing from this release that it's going to be a KP style game?

The Pirates League is an immersive pirate-themed experience at Magic Kingdom Park, designed to transform boys and girls into swashbuckling pirates and help make young Guests' dreams of joining Captain Jack Sparrow's crew come true. Guests will receive a pirate identity, be transformed into a pirate by a pirate master, gain access to a secret treasure room and unlock clues to additional pirate encounters within the park.

This unique, transformational experience will be available to Guests of all ages and will debut in Adventureland in late June.
Professionals admit to the problem. Alcoholics claim they have no problem.

Field Agent Indy reporting for the next World Showcase Mission

#2 User is offline   General Specific 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:27 PM

IndyandMarion said:

I'm guessing from this release that it's going to be a KP style game?

Highly doubtful. From what I've heard, it sounds like the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, except themed to pirates instead of princesses.

#3 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:31 PM

"gain access to a secret treasure room and unlock clues to additional pirate encounters within the park."

Clearly we don't know much about this thing yet. Yeah, it's true there have been plans to bring the make over to BBB, but "Additional pirate encounters within the park" makes it seem like it might be a "find this area or this item" type deal. Dunno. Guess we'll find out later.
Professionals admit to the problem. Alcoholics claim they have no problem.

Field Agent Indy reporting for the next World Showcase Mission

#4 User is offline   General Specific 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:59 PM

IndyandMarion said:

"gain access to a secret treasure room and unlock clues to additional pirate encounters within the park."

Clearly we don't know much about this thing yet. Yeah, it's true there have been plans to bring the make over to BBB, but "Additional pirate encounters within the park" makes it seem like it might be a "find this area or this item" type deal. Dunno. Guess we'll find out later.

I understood that part. I still think that if there is a game associated with this, it will be more of a "only if you get the pirate makeover" type thing. Oh, and this little bit of concept artwork pretty much confirmed that it will more than likely be what I imagined it as (pirate BBB).

http://www.attractionsmagazine.com/blog/wp...04/att919d4.jpg

#5 User is offline   Hºoºwie 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Family, WDW

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:41 AM

The attraction, which will open at Magic Kingdom theme park June 29, will perform swashbuckling makeovers. Participants will receive pirate names before receiving a variety of accessories, including beards, eye patches, scarves, scars, earrings and gold teeth. These will be applied by a “veteran pirate” with sea-sailing tales.

After taking a sacred oath and an official portrait, guests will be part of Jack Sparrow’s gang.

There will be three pirate packages.

+ First Mate Package ($49.95): bandana, choice of facial effects, sword and sheath, pirate coin necklace, 5×7 photo and a “personalized pirate oath.”

+ Empress Package ($49.95): bandana, “shimmering” makeup, sword and sheath, pirate coin necklace, 5×7 photo and a “personalized pirate oath.”

+ Captains Package ($124.95): choice of costume, facial effects, sword and sheath, pirate coin necklace, three 5×7 photos and the personalized oath.

The League will be located in the area between the entrance to the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction and the Pirates Merchandise shop. (Disney says this is currently backstage territory.)

Reservations cannot be made until May 11.

#6 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:04 AM

Oh great. This is just what Disney needs again. Another live roleplay adventure for kids. At least it's being catered to the boy side of the family as opposed to the girl side for princesses.

I don't know if I've said this before, but I'm glad that this will be my last trip to Disney. :roll:
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#7 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:04 AM

I like it! Finally something aimed towards the boys! I'm so tired of dragging my son to all the princess stuff for his sister :lol: I don't know if we would actually do it and so far we've avoided BBB but I think it's a good idea to have something comparable for the boys.

#8 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:06 AM

and this means the tutorial is gone?

there's a pci here
http://www.mouseextra.com/2009/04/24/more-...league/#respond
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#9 User is offline   squishybear 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney!!!

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:34 AM

I think it sounds nice. Little boys love to dress up and pretend to be something just as much as girls do. It's sometimes harder to cater to that audience though.
Personally, if I was young again, this sounds cool to me and I'm a girl. The only thing that I'm not too happy about is those prices. I know bibidi boutique is expensive, but a 125 dollars for a 1 to 2 hour experience is pretty steep for me.

#10 User is offline   Hºoºwie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:59 PM

MJMcBride said:

there's a pci here

this will be in a different place so i dont think(dont know) if the tutorial will be closed - but it is in a diffeent area - more towards the splash side of the POTC entrance plaza;

#11 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:34 PM

Personally I like it. I'm not sure my daughter won't want to do it. Heck, we need to find out that age cut off... it might be fun for all! 8)
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#12 User is offline   Hºoºwie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 25 April 2009 - 02:31 PM

The Dark Lord of the Sith said:

Personally I like it. I'm not sure my daughter won't want to do it. Heck, we need to find out that age cut off... it might be fun for all! 8)

i was chosen for the pirate tutorial once with all the little kids so i might just try this out myself if they let me :) ;

#13 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 26 April 2009 - 04:53 AM

I think it's cool to have an option other than the girlie princess thing. I think, if I had been given the choice as a kid, I would have selected being a pirate over being a girlie princess. Heck, I still have my Daisey air rifle from my childhood playing Cowboys & Indians. My only minor concern is for the safety of my shins with the potential increase in little kids bandishing swords around the park. Those plastic swords hurt when you get clipped with one...trust me, I know from experience!!! Hopefully, the sheer cost of the packages will limit the number of swords... :pirate:
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#14 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:02 PM

Hºoºwie said:

MJMcBride said:

there's a pci here

this will be in a different place so i dont think(dont know) if the tutorial will be closed - but it is in a diffeent area - more towards the splash side of the POTC entrance plaza;

understood, but there may be too much Pirates. If jack Sparrow is involved here, then maybe no more tutorial
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#15 User is offline   surfpark 

• Studios God

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:59 PM

What sucks is that this pirates thing and the bibbity-bobbity boutique are not anywhere near each other. I imagine someone with a boy and a girl having to sit through this twice in one day. Ugh. Can't blame Disney for trying. This wouldn't exist if parents weren't willing to pay a premium for a different experience.

You realize this is only a step before the a massive "Become A Disney Character" blow-out attraction boutique they'll eventually do. Its like Clown face painting on steroids.

#16 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:46 PM

surfpark said:

You realize this is only a step before the a massive "Become A Disney Character" blow-out attraction boutique they'll eventually do. Its like Clown face painting on steroids.

Sure. I'd pay big money to be my own Disney Character. Maybe it'll help me bypass the gruesome audition process. And I did have experience as a Smurf.
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users