• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

So exactly how bad will Weekend 4 be?

#1 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:36 PM

There will be only one SWW that I will be attending, (June 29) and judging by The Girlfriend's account of being there, if you do not get there immediately at park opening, you will not be getting on TSM, much less get face time with SW characters.

So please, tell me the truth, huh? Going by what the past three weekends entailed, will SWW 4 Sunday be absolutely mad crazy crowded that it will have a personal impact on my experience in the park?
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#2 User is offline   kimdben 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:00 PM

TSM if you want a fastpass get one before 11AM for safety. If you want pics with SW characters (not actors) you should have little problem. If you want the actors, that will depend on who you want and what day you go. Friday is always ridiculous, Saturday, is usually a little better than Friday and supposedly Sunday is even better. I've never been to SWW on a Sunday so I don't know for sure. Ask Matt, he said he'd be there today.

Every weekend is different. It all depends on who the actors are that will be there. First Saturday (and Sunday) were really quiet. I walked into the park at 9:15AM and would have been able to get Jeremy Bulloch's autograph. Second Saturday, (I got there in front of the gates at 8:15AM) was not even a possiblity for David Prowse, however I did get Peter's. Yesterday, I got there the same as last weekend and got 2nd session for Amy. Matthew Wood's line was long, but not nearly as long as David's the previous weekend.

Do you plan on getting all 3 autograph's or just one? If you want all 3 and you are going all 3 days, I suggest Warwick on Friday, Jake on Saturday and the director on Sunday. Everything depends on what time you decide to get there and what you are trying for.

PS. I almost forgot. Merchandise will be cheaper by half.
Kim
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:12 PM

I only went to weekend 1 and weekend 3 this year. At weekend 1, I got in the park at 9, and a fastpass for a signing at 4. Weekend 3, I got in at about 8:30am, and an autograph fastpass for 4:35. So I got in earlier, and it was for an even later time! If the "special guests" rumors about weekend 4 are true, I'm sure it will be much worse.

#4 User is offline   kimdben 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:17 PM

If the "special guests" rumors about weekend 4 are true

What rumor is that?
Kim

#5 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:18 PM

Lucas and Ford may (probably not) make an appearance.

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:42 PM

Blixzit said:

Lucas and Ford may (probably not) make an appearance.
It's not happening. I think there's a better chance I win the lottery. :lol:

Be sure to get your TSM fastpass right at park opening to ensure you get one. The crowds have been large, but much of it is SWW related. The right side of the park (Sunset Blvd, Animation Academy, et al) haven't been that congested with guests.

#7 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 22 June 2008 - 08:11 PM

Thanks for the info. I am not that interested in the actors, just the park characters. I have heard that Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald were all doing group meets. I'm thinking something like that along with the typical Star Wars characters, and I probably will want to do the Hyperspace Hoopla.

I do plan on getting my FPs at the top of the day, and I hope I have no problem with it. I just want to know what time I should start camping out at the gate just to ensure my first place in the line.
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#8 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 22 June 2008 - 08:13 PM

The people camping out are for celebrity autograph fastpasses.

#9 User is offline   Pipper011 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:42 PM

I heard an interesting rumor that Disney was trying to get Harrison Ford to come and he was willing but the promblem was he would only come if it was a Indiana Jones weekend. Pretty interesting rumor don't know why Harrison wouldn't come to the role that gave him his big break!!!

#10 User is offline   kimdben 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:55 PM

I have heard that Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald were all doing group meets.

They are. I believe it's every 20 minutes for about an hour. Minnie, Mickey and Goofy/Donald and then they start over. Minnie comes out first does her 20 minutes, then Mickey comes out and does his 20 minutes and then Goofy/Donald come out and do their 20 mintues, then Minnie comes out again etc....

The other characters are all over and it varies depending on where. They really are all over the park. Lots of different locations.
Kim

#11 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:34 PM

Weekend Four will be Crazy, whether or not the Special Guest Rumors is true. Weekend 4 always is

#12 User is offline   Pipper011 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:59 PM

You guys tell me but I really think it won't be as crazy due to 0the celebrities that will be attending. Out of the 4 weekends the 4th was the weakiest by far. And like someone said before the merchadise should be cheaper. But you guys let me know how it goes.

#13 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:15 AM

kimdben said:

I have heard that Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald were all doing group meets.

They are. I believe it's every 20 minutes for about an hour. Minnie, Mickey and Goofy/Donald and then they start over. Minnie comes out first does her 20 minutes, then Mickey comes out and does his 20 minutes and then Goofy/Donald come out and do their 20 mintues, then Minnie comes out again etc....
And they are located between ABC Commissary and the Great Movie Ride

#14 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:03 PM

Pipper011 said:

Pretty interesting rumor don't know why Harrison wouldn't come to the role that gave him his big break!!!

Well technically that would be at "American Graffiti Weekends" :roll:

#15 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:23 AM

I just got my SW The Clone Wars poster for Filoni to sign :woot: I don't know if to go very early on Friday (around 4am) just by myself, without the kids to get his Fp. Or to chance it and go on Saturday, get there around 6am with the kids and hope to get a Fp. :?
I just can't wake the kids up earlier than 5:30 or I'll be guaranteed to have a cranky day.
I'm figuring even if I don't get him on Saturday I can still go by myself on Sunday.
We also want to get a pic with Leia Minnie and Donald Darth maul and goofy Darth vader. Those are our priorities on this last weekend.
My son lucked out: since weekend one he saw the Darth Donald/Goofy/Vader/Maul t-shirt and he got to buy it on Saturday of weekend 2. I'm waiting for weekend 4 to buy some stuff hopefully on sale. :shifty:
BTW: last weekend after getting our FP we headed over to Animation Bldg just to relax a bit and found sorcerer Mickey all by himself. We interacted with him for a while and after getting his picture he had us pose and he took a picture of us. This was around 10am.

#16 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:03 AM

If you can swing it, the Friday at 4am option would be best since I'd be willing to bet you'd get a FP for an autograph. 6am isn't bad either on Saturday really and you may not get the first autograph session, but I do think you will get one.

#17 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:25 AM

QuickGold said:

If you can swing it, the Friday at 4am option would be best since I'd be willing to bet you'd get a FP for an autograph. 6am isn't bad either on Saturday really and you may not get the first autograph session, but I do think you will get one.

If this is your only day to get an autograph I wouldn't be any later than 7am just to ensure yourself of a fastpass. During Weekend #1 I didn't have any problems getting the Fast Pass (second session) by arriving at 7:30 am or so. (It was a little later than that I think).

But if you want to be in and out, MATT is right. I do think 4am is extreme though.
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#18 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:15 AM

Thanks for both of your replies. We ( kids and I) have decided to go on Saturday, get there around 5:45/6am at the latest. If by any chance we don't get him to sign then I'll go earlier by myself on Sunday.
If anyone on the board goes on Friday please let me know how bad is the line for Dave Filoni so I have some idea on what to expect.
We also might go there on Sunday afternoon just to catch the last Hoopla and the last Clone wars preview.

#19 User is offline   kimdben 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:57 PM

I'll be there wearing my white SWW shirt Saturday. I'm guessing around my usual 8ish time. Mom probably will be wearing the same, maybe???

I hope to stay around and see the Hoopla, if we're not too tired or exhausted from rain/heat.
Kim

#20 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 27 June 2008 - 11:21 AM

I should be in the Studios on Saturday as well so I'll keep an eye out for you Kim

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users