• You cannot reply to this topic

Halloween Decorations?

#1 User is offline   bobf320 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:DISNEY!!!!!

Posted 29 August 2004 - 06:18 PM

Hi All-

I will be coming down in October. I know the magic Kingdom decorates for Halloween, but my question is, Does the Studios have any decorations out??

Thanks-
Bob

#2 User is offline   rob_wilson 

• Resident Game Show Expert
  • Interests:Disney, Trivia

Posted 29 August 2004 - 06:27 PM

Afraid that I can't answer you, Bob, since I have only been to the parks once over Halloween and that was several years ago. However, let me be the first to welcome you. Our regulars include people that work at the Studios, so I'm sure you will get your answer soon.

Rob

#3 User is offline   bobf320 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 29 August 2004 - 06:37 PM

Thanks Rob!!!

Long time lurker, just coming out of my shell! Of all the time I have been to WDW, I have never been during the Haloween Season, and I am really looking forward to it.
I can't wait to go back in December of this year too!!

Bob

#4 User is offline   rob_wilson 

Posted 29 August 2004 - 06:48 PM

bobf320 said:

Of all the time I have been to WDW, I have never been during the Haloween Season, and I am really looking forward to it.
I can't wait to go back in December of this year too!!

Bob

Wow! Sounds like you are going to be there at two of the best times of year! I will make one recommendation. If you can swing it, I would suggest taking in Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween party. We did that the year we were there and we all loved it. Likewise for Mickey's Christmas Party (or whatever it is called) in December. You have to pay extra to attend them, but they are both a lot of fun. Of course, it also depends on how old any children you may have are. Mine conked out pretty quickly at the Christmas party, but they were both pretty young, too. Even so, they did get to see the Christmas parade and the snowfall on Main Street before falling asleep. They also got to see some of a really cute stage show about The Night Before Christmas.

As for the Halloween party, they were a little older by then, so they were wide awake for the great Halloween parade that included the Headless Horeseman. They also got to take in Trick or Treating throughout the park and a ride on the Tom Sawyer steamboat.

Rob

#5 User is offline   bobf320 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 29 August 2004 - 06:56 PM

Rob-

I just ordered my tickets for both the Halloween Party, and the Christmas Party. I am going twice to the Christmas one. I was hoping to go to the Halloween one twice, but it is only offered once while I am there.

I am going solo both times, so at least I can go at my own pace.

Are you going on a Disney Cruise? It looks like you Won big time at Millionaire!! Congrats!!!
I was on a Disney Cruise in June of this year, and LOVED it!!!!

Bob

#6 User is offline   rob_wilson 

Posted 29 August 2004 - 07:33 PM

bobf320 said:

Rob-

I just ordered my tickets for both the Halloween Party, and the Christmas Party. I am going twice to the Christmas one. I was hoping to go to the Halloween one twice, but it is only offered once while I am there.

I am going solo both times, so at least I can go at my own pace.

Sweet! You should have a great time.

bobf320 said:

Are you going on a Disney Cruise? It looks like you Won big time at Millionaire!! Congrats!!!
I was on a Disney Cruise in June of this year, and LOVED it!!!!

Bob

Yeah, I got lucky. I have a reputation for being lucky around here. If you wish to read more about my win, look under Trip Reports for my April 2004 report.

None of the members of my family have ever been on a cruise before. We're all getting pretty excited. Which cruise did you go on in June? The one we are going on is for 3 nights. It runs from Thursday until Sunday on the Disney Wonder and stops at Nassau and Castaway Cay.

Rob

#7 User is offline   bobf320 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 29 August 2004 - 08:02 PM

Rob-
WOW!!! Great Job!!! I loved reading all of your trip reports too. Great photos!!

I was on the 4 night Wonder. I left on Sunday and was back into port on Thursday. Castaway Cay is the BEST!!!
The only difference between our cruises, is the day at sea which is on the 4 night.

Since you are pretty lucky, try playing Bingo on the ship. The fianl jackpot was a about $3,000!!!

Bob

#8 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 29 August 2004 - 08:18 PM

Welcome to the site Bob!

I don't believe there's anything special going on at the Studios, apart from perhaps some light Halloween theming in the form of pumpkins and traditional halloween colors(probably found in the shops, of all places).

#9 User is offline   bobf320 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 29 August 2004 - 08:29 PM

Hi Matt-

Thanks for the info. I was hoping to see a pumpkin or two! I just wasn't sure if they went all out like the MK does. I guess they save that for Christmas. I am glad the lights are coming back. It will be really different without the residential street all decked out. That I will miss.

Thanks for posting a reply!
Bob

#10 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 29 August 2004 - 08:31 PM

Glad we can be of some assistance....hope to see you posting around more in the future! :thumright:

#11 User is offline   bobf320 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 29 August 2004 - 08:39 PM

Matt-

I hope so too!! It really is friendly here! Some of the other boards I read, man, sometimes they are nasty!!

I really wish Disney didn't remove "Super Star Television." I used to go in there a few times a day. It was hysterical watching people try to act with the stars!!
Too bad that space is just sitting there.

Bob

#12 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 30 August 2004 - 08:10 AM

Bob-
Welcome to the boards! No we don't really decorate any park other than MK because they have the big Halloween parties.

I was also on a cruise in June, but I did the 7 day.

Let us know when you're coming down, and I'll put it on our list :lol:

#13 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 30 August 2004 - 02:13 PM

Welcome to the visable side of the board Bob! You'll love both events at the MK and as Jillian already said, the MK is the only park that really does up the decorations for Halloween.

#14 User is offline   bobf320 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 30 August 2004 - 02:34 PM

Hi Jillian & Jason-

Thanks for the warm welcome!!

I am really psyched about seeing the Halloween Party. The parade looks pretty neat too!

Both trips I planned were pretty much last minute decisions. I got a fantastic airfare $115 roundtrip from NJ to Orlando, for both trips, and when the AP rates came out, I got POP for $49 for both trips.

For my December trip, I am keeping a day open just to go to all of the on property hotels to see how they are decorated. It is always something I wanted to do, but never got around to it.

I will be in WDW on Oct. 6-10, and in Dec. from the 8th-13th. If anyone is going to be around, and wants to meet up, I would love to!!

Bob

#15 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 30 August 2004 - 02:55 PM

bobf320 said:

The parade looks pretty neat too!

For my December trip, I am keeping a day open just to go to all of the on property hotels to see how they are decorated. It is always something I wanted to do, but never got around to it.

With the Halloween Parade have your camera ready the the headless horseman comes through prior to the parade. You will only have one chance for a pic (ok two since there are two parades). He comes through fairly fast and it is very impressive

The Grand Floridian is one you need to check out during the holidays. THey will start putting up decorations for christmas around the end of Oct.

#16 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 30 August 2004 - 03:12 PM

bobf320 said:

and when the AP rates came out, I got POP for $49 for both trips.

I tried getting in on the $49/night rate for the public earlier this year and it was all sold out, so you got lucky(then again, having AP does help).

bobf320 said:

I will be in WDW on Oct. 6-10, and in Dec. from the 8th-13th. If anyone is going to be around, and wants to meet up, I would love to!!

Wow, two trips planned....and I assume you've gone earlier this year as well? If so, I'm jealous of yet another member of this site :lol:

#17 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 30 August 2004 - 05:29 PM

Spending a day resort hopping to see the decoractions is a most do if you have time, I'm glad you're setting a day aside for it. :lol: I work at the parks, so I'm there frequently, I'm sure a meet up can be arranged one or both of those times :)

#18 User is offline   Doctor Seeker 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Many

Posted 30 August 2004 - 06:14 PM

The Studios doesn't decorate much for halloween. The merchandise shops do make some neat set ups.

#19 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 30 August 2004 - 07:09 PM

I imagine Villains in Vogue could have some cool set ups.

#20 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 30 August 2004 - 07:30 PM

Not currently, they have a big yellow constuction wall around the shop :lol:

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users