• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

British Invasion - Gone

#1 User is offline   IlluminatEpcot 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:15 PM

http://www.illuminat...-leaving-epcot/

Just found out a few minutes ago from a very reliable source who knows the manager of the band. Will let you guys know as I find out more.
Next Trip - Epic October -- 9/27 to 10/3
Staying at Pop Century
Previous Trips: March 2010, 2011
1999: June, Aug, Oct, Dec
2000: April, Oct, Dec

Webmaster of Illuminating Epcot

#2 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:43 PM

I really didn't enjoy them but the trend continues, cutting down on entertainment. At Epcot it's been World showcase players leaving Italy, then the Chinese acrobat kids now this. At the Studios it started with Four for a Dollar and all the CoH not getting contracts. They are continuing with the belief that people just go for the rides and for that we have other options (Universal Orlando).
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#3 User is offline   sarahzy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:55 PM

My mom will be so bummed! They were her favorite in the WS. :(

#4 User is offline   dd_indy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 20 April 2011 - 06:04 AM

I guess my new touring strategy will have to be "Don't put off seeing anything that involves musicians or actors, because they may not be around on the next trip." I'm glad I got to see BI one last time this past weekend. I would have caught more sets if I knew they weren't being renewed.
Share and enjoy!

Dennis

#5 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:04 PM

this does stink on ice
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#6 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:53 AM

Start sending your letters of complaint NOW!
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#7 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:24 AM

I've stopped to listen to them often. They are a great fit for the UK pavilion. I'm sure once more people realize they are gone there will be more complaints, and hopefully enough for Disney to reconsider their contract renewal.

#8 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:54 PM

View Postyulilin, on 19 April 2011 - 04:43 PM, said:

I really didn't enjoy them but the trend continues, cutting down on entertainment. At Epcot it's been World showcase players leaving Italy, then the Chinese acrobat kids now this. At the Studios it started with Four for a Dollar and all the CoH not getting contracts. They are continuing with the belief that people just go for the rides and for that we have other options (Universal Orlando).

WOW, I had no idea. I've always enjoyed the British Invasion and they get a big crowd that sings along. I'm from that era, so I love the music, but the crowd they get is all ages. The last time I watched them, it was really fun to see all of the little kids dancing near the stage.

I'm sorry to hear about the Chinese acrobat kids too. They are always so amazing to watch. I've heard about the Showcase Players being replaced by the Ziti sisters at Italy. I was as big a fan of the show at Italy and enjoyed the one at Britian better. But I was disappointed by the Ziti Sisters. The cast is made up of very talented women (especially the actress who used to play COH Minerva). But I found the show flat. Hopefully it as improved. As I said the cast is very talented, so I hope they have been able to give imput to the show, to improve it.

Yulady, I totally agree. If they continue to remove the entertainment, then it's just like any other theme park. Having the streetmosphere really set them apart from other parks. As you know the COH is the reason we continue to return year after year.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#9 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:04 PM

View PostADP, on 25 April 2011 - 09:24 AM, said:

I've stopped to listen to them often. They are a great fit for the UK pavilion. I'm sure once more people realize they are gone there will be more complaints, and hopefully enough for Disney to reconsider there contract renewal.

their post on seems it was more like thier decision
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#10 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:59 PM

View PostMJMcBride, on 27 April 2011 - 10:04 PM, said:

their post on seems it was more like thier decision

You're right. It seems like they want to get more independent and see how they can do on their own.

#11 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:23 AM

Well, Italy has added The Ziti Sisters (interactive skits sort of similar to the ones in UK) so they do add some different live entertainment as others leave. I really miss the living statue (forget the exact name) that used to be in front of Italy. I think Disney, in addition to cutting entertainment expenses, is also trying to keep things "fresh" by making changes. Not all change is for the good....
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#12 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:32 PM

News from the HUB:
Beginning Tuesday, May 3, we will welcome a new four-piece, high-energy band to the United Kingdom pavilion at Epcot to replace The British Invasion. Spanning decades of popular British music, every set is an epic concert and every show is a chronological journey with random fun facts about the songs and artists you have come to know and love through the years. From the Dave Clark Five and the Beatles, to the music of Led Zeppelin and The Who, our guests will have a whole new reason to sing and dance!

The British Invasion's contract ends April 30. Guests can enjoy the band's final performances until that time.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#13 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:57 PM

They do have a replacement band though. I heard them as I was walking through Epcot Sunday. If I had remember about this post, I would have went to check them out and get the bands name... but rest assured they are there.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users