• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Vegatian Meals - Quick Service

#1 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 08 August 2009 - 03:24 PM

We are taking my son's girlfriend with us, who is a vegetarian. She is concerned about Quick service; she's afraid that they won't have anything for her. And I'm not doing sit down meals 3 times a day, even though she thinks she needs to.

Usually Lowell and I eat pizza and chicken, so I'm not really paying attention to the healthly stuff while on vacation. Can anyone help.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#2 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 08 August 2009 - 03:55 PM

Do you mean vegetarian, or vegan?

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2...e_visiting.html is a pretty good article, lists World Showcase and Animal Kingdom as your best bets for dining vegetarian. I can vouch for Sunshine Seasons at The Land to be really good for vegetarian options as well.

Can't speak for vegan options...

Please read my blog, The World by Day
Follow me on Twitter! YoPaulieNJ

#3 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:39 PM

View PostYoPaulie, on Aug 8 2009, 03:55 PM, said:

Do you mean vegetarian, or vegan? I can vouch for Sunshine Seasons at The Land to be really good for vegetarian options as well.

Yes, vegetarian is what I should have written. I'll try Sunshine Seasons. I've never gone there before. It's usually so crowded in there because of Soarn'. So usually I'm just trying to get my fastpass and get out of there.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#4 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:38 AM

Most definately go to Sunshine Seasons. In my opinion it is the best couter service on property both because of the quality of the food and the variety.

Most of the counter service places have a vegetarian option. If they don't they almost all have a salad that they can make without whatever meat is supposed to be on it. The other thing to remember (and to assure her of) is that you can ask for modifications to whatever they have on a menu. So if there is a sandwhich or something that catches her eye she can ask for it without the meat. You will likely have to wait a little longer to get your food but it shouldn't be to bad. If a cashier says they can't do whatever you're asking, ask to talk to a manager. Sometimes the cashiers just don't know they can make substitutes.

The Backlot Express at the Studios has a veggie sandwhich. The Commisary at the Studios has a good Asian salad. I think it might have chicken, I can't remember, but like I said she can ask for it without. Cosmic Rays in Tomorrowland in MK has a veggie burger (as do most of the "burger" places) and a veggie wrap. In Epcot if you are in the countries Morocco has a veggie platter. And I think Japan has some veggie options as well. She can get cheese pizza at the pizza places. The Electric Umbrella has a veggie wrap. (Although at Epcot I really really would recommend Sunshine Seasons. Just so many options there, several veggie options and then plenty of everything else.)

Here is a really good website that lists the menus for all the restaurants. It is updated regularly, just remember that menus can change.

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

If she is that concerned, I would print out the menus from the counter service places in each park. Then highlight things that are vegetarian or that could easily be vegetarian (like taking meat off a salad). Then each day she can take the menus for that park with her so when you decide it's time to eat she can pull out her cheat sheets and you can quickly see what your best/closest options are. Also it will have the whole menu on it so everyone else can look and see if there is anything they want from that particular place.

I would also assure her that many many many vegetarian Guests come to WDW and therefore there are options as well as most restaurants are used to some substitutions. You definately do not need to eat at a sit down meal all the time.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users