• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

This is really what the Backlot Tour needs

#1 User is offline   Studio Kid 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Visiting the Studios

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:28 PM

I think this refurb should be taken a little more serious. First I think all those excess trailers that are on the backlot need to be demolished. Put 2 more special effects sets and show the props inbetween each. Like maybe riding the tram through a set from Armageddon (inside) have metor showers crashing and fire effects. Then a Pirates set outside where more water effects are demonstrated. This would make the tour a lot more enjoyable. Nice and relaxing with great suprises along the way. I think that what should happen. What do you think.
Thanks.
Studio Kid.

PS The backlot Tour shall live lol.

#2 User is offline   missionspace01 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:21 PM

I agree! That would make it better than it used to be...

#3 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:09 AM

Well first your talking about removing executive, imagineering and mechanical offices so there goes that part.

Didn't a theme park (I believe DL Paris) all ready do an Armageddon type attraction on their backlot and it failed?

As much as I am a fan of Pirates, I love me some pirates (Just not the ones that can get outrun by, you know, a CRUISE SHIP). . . No more in the parks. Seriously, I'm tired of bandwagoners and Im slowly getting tired of Pirates everywhere. IF they were to do one, take out that God awful "We're reenacting Pearl Harbor, but not really" and put in a small part from the Malestrom battle.

You want to know what the attraction needs (And I doubt any of you New Age "I Love The Hat!" brats will know about this): The Shuttles returning to New York Street!

(Shut. Up. It's NEW YORK STREET. PERIOD) and bring back the old (Granted it was a promo) Dick Tracy scene. They have the room for it and originally the NYS area was closed to foot traffic. The Spectacle of Dancing Lights wouldn't start until well after the attraction has closed for the day, The Premier Theater is still easy to get to even with the tour changed. LMA traffic would just need to be rerouted somehow.

But I think I speak for all when I saw, you want an enjoyable Backlot Tour to come back? Figure out a way to bring back a little known area called Residential Street.
Professionals admit to the problem. Alcoholics claim they have no problem.

Field Agent Indy reporting for the next World Showcase Mission

#4 User is offline   smalld 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney, Playing Online Games.

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:22 PM

That would be really cool if they did that. Disney's Hollywood Studios almost needs more land to build in the backlot. One time I tough that they should make a bridge and under the Main highway they should have a road way for the trams and on the other side have some more sets and props and things on that nature.

~smalld

#5 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:02 PM

What it needs is to actually go into a Backlot, but since there is not a real one anymore, it would be cool if it actually went backstage and turned the "Boneyard" into a new attraction.

#6 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 25 December 2008 - 07:31 PM

I can't remember how long it's been since I've been on the tour. So that goes to show how anticlimactic that attraction really has become. So I agree, it's not as good as it can be coming from Disney. They could do, and have done, better. American Idol is a hot enough franchise that spending the money to revamp the theater for AI was money well spent. Revamping a backlot tour... idk. Yes, they could make some really big changes and it would improve the attraction to possibly a C or D ticket instead of an A. However, I think that time will tell. Disney knows exactly what they are doing. If the tour does get an update I would be pleased, or if they decide to demolish it, I wouldn't be upset. Either way, the current state of the attraction is a little poor, and not that fake poor like with the oldness of Haunted Mansion or Tower. The poor look and feel that isn't intentional.

#7 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 25 December 2008 - 11:49 PM

I would destroy the darn thing. Its a waste of prime space IMO
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#8 User is offline   surfpark 

• Studios God

Posted 29 December 2008 - 04:29 PM

What they need to do is invest some money into re-creating sets and making the ride more fun in general.

#9 User is offline   Rock'n'rollergirl 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Aerosmith, Rock'n'Roller Coaster, films

Posted 29 December 2008 - 05:27 PM

It's a pity that such an attraction isn't as good as it could be, I know I really enjoyed the backlot tour at Universal Studios in California.

We paid a little extra to be able to get off the cars, go into foley stages and venture round the prop house, a western themed street and walk on the set of a TV show called Crossing Jordan (dunno if it's a popular show or not, my location explains my ignorance!)

Disney being such a power force in the industry should be able to create an amazing behind-the-scenes tour at the Studios, they really don't have any excuse for it...
\\\"There is a place where castle spires gleam in the night sky,
Where fantasy is real and wishes come true,
Where every day ends happily ever after.
There is a place where magic lives.\\\"

#10 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 29 December 2008 - 05:35 PM

You know....

Actually Making it a Special attraction that you have to pay extra for is a pretty good idea. Making it like a few hours long, but stopping back stage at attractions and allowing VIP Access to Show. Of Course still going to Catastrophe Canyon still, but moving the props backstage, allowing the area that is currently the Backlot tour to become a new attraction.

#11 User is offline   Rock'n'rollergirl 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 29 December 2008 - 05:46 PM

I'm sure people would be interested, and an extra money making scheme for Disney is never a bad idea.

I can't remember the exact cost now, but we were in a group of about 15 people, and we had a guide to show us around the park. Aside from the backlot tour, he made sure we skipped all the queues for the rides and we had great seats for any shows.

The whole thing finished around 5ish, so we had time to do whatever we wanted until the park closed.

Excellent value for money I think.

#12 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:35 PM

I think the best thing really is to pave it over and use some for an additions to Pixar Place and create a new "land" like the The Theatre District
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#13 User is offline   Rock'n'rollergirl 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:43 PM

Went on it today, god I'd forgotten how bad it was.
Think the room with all the villain costumes before the shop was the most interesting part of the tour...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users