Studios Central: Join us for a Private Star Wars Weekends Dinner - Studios Central

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Join us for a Private Star Wars Weekends Dinner

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 11 January 2009 - 04:07 PM

Once again, Studios Central will be hosting a very special dinner event for Star Wars Weekends, Weekend 1 again!

We held it last year for the first time and I like to think everyone was really amazed by the experience and we've decided to bring it back again this year. This is a unique experience to share in the Star Wars Weekend fun with your fellow Star Wars fans as well as many folks from this site. It's a lot of fun and I think 2009 will be even more fun than last year!

To book, you simply need to click here and read all about the event and click the link to book the package. It's that simple!

Please note that at this time there are no plans to provide tickets for dinner only outside of the package. That may change as we get closer, but they will be at a premium rate. If you already booked your reservations, you can simply book this package now and cancel your old reservations with Disney with no penalty!

Please post here in this thread once you've booked so we know who from this site will be joining us!

#2 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:09 PM

I would absolutely love to go to this, however, everything besides the dinner ends up being superfluous on my account bc i work at Disney lol. If you were to offer just the dinner, I would sign up to go

#3 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:23 AM

Matt as soon as you know about dinner only tickets let me know...My hubby got me the Annual Passes for my birthday, plus I live here so I don't need a hotel but I'm really interested in going this year, Thanks!

#4 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:57 PM

The dates are wrong for me, and even though I would be visiting during the SWW period, I'll be taking the train every weekend. :roll:

Hence another reason why Lucas needs to create a Star Wars theme park, but he's just not that smart like that.
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#5 User is offline   darthstich 

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:10 PM

COH#1fan said:

The dates are wrong for me, and even though I would be visiting during the SWW period, I'll be taking the train every weekend. :roll:

Hence another reason why Lucas needs to create a Star Wars theme park, but he's just not that smart like that.

OOH! Thou Speakest the Blasphemy!!

#6 User is offline   robmck3898 

• Studios Regular

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:09 PM

Sounds awesome, I may have to try to make that. As many short trips as I think I'm planning, I might as well get an AP.

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:38 PM

robmck3898 said:

Sounds awesome, I may have to try to make that. As many short trips as I think I'm planning, I might as well get an AP.
Even better...AP's are great for short trips and you never know what may come up later in the year to get even more value out of that AP :lol:

#8 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:29 PM

COH#1fan said:

"It's treason then!?!" :twisted:
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#9 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:06 PM

Darthstitch & Dark Lord> What are you talking about? I thought Lucas was completely done with the Star Wars Franchise and only made money off of whenever Disney does its SWW or anyone holds an ultimate Star Wars convention (something that won't happen anytime soon in New York City ;)).
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#10 User is offline   darthstich 

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:15 PM

COH#1fan said:

Darthstitch & Dark Lord> What are you talking about? I thought Lucas was completely done with the Star Wars Franchise and only made money off of whenever Disney does its SWW or anyone holds an ultimate Star Wars convention (something that won't happen anytime soon in New York City ;)).

Actually Lucas is quite involved in all Star Wars Projects. Everything has to pass through him before it holds the Star Wars Name.

#11 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:57 AM

darthstich said:

COH#1fan said:

Actually Lucas is quite involved in all Star Wars Projects. Everything has to pass through him before it holds the Star Wars Name.

Then why hasn't he done a Star Wars theme park yet?

#12 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:27 AM

Not to change the subject but....

Mattttt....I have a problem. We won't know if my husband is coming until closer to the date. Right now it doesn't look good since it's Memorial Day weekend. If I book the package now for just me and the kids, can I add him later or atleast get him a ticket to the dinner when we know for sure if he can go?

#13 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:59 AM

Kim, asbolutely, that should not be a problem. Let the agent know when booking about your husband and even if the event were to sell out, I'll make an extra spot for him ;) Besides, I want everyone to enjoy the spectacle that is Dark Lord simmering over the ongoing love story of Sean and Allie :P

#14 User is offline   darthstich 

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:40 PM

COH#1fan said:

darthstich said:

COH#1fan said:

Darthstitch & Dark Lord> What are you talking about? I thought Lucas was completely done with the Star Wars Franchise and only made money off of whenever Disney does its SWW or anyone holds an ultimate Star Wars convention (something that won't happen anytime soon in New York City :P).

Then why hasn't he done a Star Wars theme park yet?

Well, Think about it. To get a good amount of attractions, they would have to pull for all parts of the Star Wars Universe, and the Uber-Nerds would have a hay day with the countless continuity issues going on with the existance of the theme park. There is enough of an issue with Star Tours already. Not to mention Disney and Lucasfilm still have a really solid agreement. I am sure that Legoland has tried to get the rights to make a Star Wars ride, and this wouldn't be allowed in the Disney/Lucas contract.

#15 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:24 AM

GL thought long and hard about how he wanted Star Wars represented in a theme park. Growing up in California, he is a huge fan of the entire Disney operation from a family oriented point of view. He has a terrific appreciation for how they treat guests and keep the park.

By itself, a Star Wars park would be exciting to die hard fans, but longterm success is more likely paired with the best entertainment parks in the world.

By the way, the Disney main site has changed their look again, and the Star Wars page has been completely reworked. Of course they still refuse to post the dates. :roll:
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#16 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Star Wars, Disney, Pixar

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:29 PM

As much as I love Star Wars and would visit a SW theme park, I don't think it would last long term. Star Trek: The Experience was at least on par with Star Tours if not better(more detail and more immersive), but it recently closed down. Even with it's Las Vegas location, it fluctuated.

I'm signed up for the dinner and can't wait for it.

#17 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:51 PM

Attending dinner
----------------
QuickGold
gsonoda
Sleepless Knight

#18 User is offline   gsonoda 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:I am a fan of hilarity.

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:22 PM

Just booked my stay over at Port Orleans.

Should Colin come that Weekend, I look forward to beating him at Star Wars Trivia. Mwahahaha. :)
Glenn

The reigning Star Wars Trivia Champion - 2008 and 2009

"Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic."

#19 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:41 PM

gsonoda said:

Just booked my stay over at Port Orleans.

Should Colin come that Weekend, I look forward to beating him at Star Wars Trivia. Mwahahaha. :)

Sounds fun Glenn!

Perhaps if tickets go for sale just on their own, i shall attend.
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#20 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:34 PM

Hmmm, meditate on this I will.

POFQ May 16-19

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users