Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Princess & the Frog, official trailer & pics

#1 User is offline   surfpark 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:49 PM

Get excited. Its coming this Christmas! Looks like it will be a great movie. Definitely not a strict telling of the tale, but it looks like it will be fun.

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2009/05/...ow-on-line.html

#2 User is offline   TheInfrequentVisitor 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney, Music, Movies

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:25 PM

It looks very good. I'm pleased with the return to classic animation, it's got more soul.

#3 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:17 AM

Now that's what a Disney animated film should look like. None of this 3D Computer garbage like Bolt and Chicken Little and TinkerBell.
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#4 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God
  • Interests:My Children and Family, Disney, Games, UFC

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:31 AM

For some reason I am just not feeling it. I think that it is nice to see animation again in its purer form... but for some reason, this one hasnt sold me just yet.

#5 User is offline   kathyj0 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Photography, Disney, Travel, Scuba

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:30 AM

I'm liking it so far . . . can't wait for the next trailer. :D
Kathy

#6 User is offline   squishybear 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney!!!

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:06 PM

I'm really liking it so far. I've lived in New Orleans, and its gonna be fun to see Disney's take on it.

#7 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Star Wars, Disney, Pixar

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:18 PM

View PostCOH#1fan, on May 12 2009, 04:17 AM, said:

Now that's what a Disney animated film should look like. None of this 3D Computer garbage like Bolt and Chicken Little and TinkerBell.
I personally found Bolt to be a much better film than quite a few of the recent 2-D releases from Disney as far back as 1995. I agree that the movie looks beautiful, but beautiful animation has never been a problem with the studio. I just hope the story is strong, which I won't know until I see the film.

#8 User is offline   surfpark 

• Studios God

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:10 PM

I think the reason I'm not in love with it is the "twist". Like almost all the other fairy tale animated features we're pretty much retellings that aimed to make a story. Princess and the Frog is kind of "meta" with the frog pulling out a copy of The Frog Prince and telling the girl to kiss him. I know Disney has creative license to do whatever they'd wish, but the last time they tried to reinterpret a story, Treasure Planet bomb. I think this movie will do well since it seems familiar, buts its going to be a but clunky in the story department.

#9 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Star Wars, Disney, Pixar

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:42 AM

Disney has a long history about altering their retelling of the classic story. Jiminy Cricket was squished to deck in a book in the original (and much, much darker) Pinocchio, one of the stepsisters tried to slice her heel off to fit in the shoe in Cinderella, and the mermaid turned into sea foam and died in The Little Mermaid. And though not a fairy tale, Walt also made signifiant changes to Mary Poppins, some of which P.L. Travers despised.

In the original Sleeping Beauty, the curse was that the princess would sleep for 100 years. The good fairies placed the thorns there to protect the princess and the court until some random prince who'd heard the legends could show up in 100 years time, at which point the thorns would part and he would show up to kiss the girl. And then they had to deal with his ogress child eating mother. Disney's version of the story is the first to actually use the dark fairy beyond the point of the curse. In no other version does she transform into a dragon in an attempt to defeat the prince, who in Disney's version actually has some relevance to the story.

So provided that Disney tells this version of a fairy tale well, I'm not overly concerned about whatever twists they put on their version of the story.

#10 User is offline   squishybear 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney!!!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:54 AM

I am really excited about this movie but I do have to say that I'm a bit hesitant about the story.
I mean, there are so many good Grim and Anderson fairy tales.
I don't really know why they picked one that doesn't have very much depth to it.
i mean, there a limit as to how far you can stretch the story.
But, I'm optimistic and am sure that, if anyone can pull of tihs story, its Disney.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users