Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

EMH Crowds

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 18 August 2003 - 05:18 PM

Seeing as I've never stayed onsite before, I was wondering what the crowds & line waits are like during the extra magic hour.

#2 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 August 2003 - 09:49 PM

I typically stay away during that time, because I don't open the park and I don't tend to stay at the resorts :) ...but the park is only open to resort guests that hour so you wouldn't have as many other people in line.... I know a lot of families take advantage of the amount of characters to take their kids to, that might help with shorter lines too.

#3 User is offline   lilchippewa 

• Studios God

Posted 19 August 2003 - 01:41 AM

I haven't been to the Extra Magic Hour (formerly known as Surprise Mornings) the last few trips to WDW because the park tends to be filled really quickly. I usually avoid the park which has Extra Magic Hour because it seems to be much more crowded than other parks on that day.
-Josh

#4 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 19 August 2003 - 07:14 AM

I do know that Studios gets crazy lines (I'm sure the other parks do too) and usually two Fantasmic!'s on the EMH days.... I was there one Tuesday and Coaster and Tower were both at 75 minute lines, after being 30-45 that weekend.

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 19 August 2003 - 10:02 AM

....so in other words skip EMH? I always skipped it when I was off site but I thought if/when I ever stayed onsite it was something worthwhile to take advantage of.

#6 User is offline   lilchippewa 

• Studios God

Posted 19 August 2003 - 11:54 AM

I would recommend that you should avoid the park which has EMH like the plague. But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong. :)
-Josh

#7 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 19 August 2003 - 04:19 PM

Here is my view and how I work the extra hour to my advantage. Like it has been said, the park that opens early that day is usually the most crowded.

To me it was worth getting up a bit early to be at the park before it opened. I usually am at the bus stop by 7:15 (yes early I know) because the busses are very random at times. At MGM, Tower and RnR fill up fast. That's where everyone goes first. I usually get a FP for Tower and standby for RnR. By the time I am out of RnR (15mins) My time for tower is available and I walk in over there. By 8:30 I am done with those I go visit Star Tours and wait for the next showing of Muppets (usually the 9am one at that point) And that is when the 'general public' is let in. Most of the major stuff is now done. The only other major ride is GMR. Indy starts later and the Backlot opens at 10am. When you have had enough for the morning head over to another park and have fun there..

Again just my view, But I do take advantage of it.

#8 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 19 August 2003 - 05:17 PM

Good point Jason. I might do that so I can work in MK because my original plan was on Sat to do MGM and then Sunday to do EPCOT(M:S, duh!). But I might grab an earlier flight in, get some MGM in on Thurs, then MGM & MK Sat and EPCOT on Sunday. How does that sound?

#9 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 19 August 2003 - 05:22 PM

Sounds good, don't forget about firday... LOL

#10 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 19 August 2003 - 05:24 PM

........ :) Wow, I am very stupid :D Well then, maybe MGM on Fri and avoid this whole EMH fiasco, or just go again Sat to visit Jillian and such. What would I do without you Jason? :content:

#11 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 19 August 2003 - 05:25 PM

QuickGold said:

........ :) Wow, I am very stupid :D Well then, maybe MGM on Fri and avoid this whole EMH fiasco, or just go again Sat to visit Jillian and such. What would I do without you Jason? :content:

It's the Disney magic warping your mind!

#12 User is offline   TheTowerOfTerrorRules 

• Studios God

Posted 19 August 2003 - 07:10 PM

were taking advantage of it on fri at the studios. were going in dec so hopefully the lines won't be long

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users