Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Figaro's SWW trip Day3

#1 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 June 2005 - 06:03 AM

Since this day really wasn't SW related or at MGM, I'll TRY to keep it short :thumleft:
self, DH, DS 5 1/2, DD1

We decided on MK today. Had breakfast in the room since we just didn't want to deal with the food court again. Waited a long time for a bus to bring us to MK. When the bus finally came, it was almost full and there was only 1 stop before us. The driver skipped over the rest of the stops since ours completely filled it.

As soon as we got to MK, we went to the Barber shop for DD's first haircut :) DS had his first haircut there and continues to get his haircut there once a year. Surprisingly, we had to wait for only a few minutes. (Usually we wait for a long time!) DD did really well, she got her "ears", pixie dust, certificate etc. When she finished she tried to climb back in the chair for another turn!

After we were done, we noticed the MK was getting crowded already. This is the first time in about 10 years that we have been to Disney during a crowded time. We usually go in Sept, Dec, and/or January so this was something we expected but are not used to anymore. People are much more cranky in crowds and heat. It was very hot that day. Since we were just there and we're going back in October, we decided to just take it easy and skip alot of our favorites.

We went on POTC first, stayed to the left line and walked right on, we could see the right line was really long. Got fastpasses for Splash Mtn and then went to Tom Sawyer Island for about an hour. The kids had a lot of fun there since we usually skip it. Got FP's for BTMRR and then DH and DS went on Splash Mtn and I got a baby swap pass. We never knew you could get Baby Swaps combined with FP's...never really needed them before LOL. So, we were able to bypass most of the line and DS got to ride twice.

After BTMRR, we went for lunch at the Liberty Tree. (Had to get some more use out of our DDE card!) Since it was about 2pm, we were able to get in even without a PS after about 15 minute wait. Food was ok and the CM really didn't seem very Disney-like. It seemed like he really didn't want to be there. By this time, we were kind of feeling the same way ;) so we could understand.

After lunch we went to Tommorowland. Space Mtn was broke so we went on TTA and got to see all the lights on. Rode Buzz, DH and DS went on COP while DD had a nap. Rode TTA again.....one of our favorite rides.

Got FP's for Pooh ride and headed to Toontown for Barnstormer. DS and DH rode that while DD played in the Donald water play boat. BTW, in all the times we have been there, this was the first time since it opened that we have seen actual water there! It's always turned off when we go. DS and DD played there until it was almost time for Pooh. Did Small World then went back for Pooh....DD loved both of these.

After Pooh, it was looking really dark and looked like it was about to pour any minute. We headed back to SM and there was no line! DH and DS
went on while I stayed in the arcade area with DD. It started pouring! So we all hung out at the arcade for awhile but since DD started getting really cranky and hungry, we had to make a run for it.

No wait for a bus back to CBR. Got back to the room about 8pm and considered room service but they said it would take about 2 hours! So back to the damn food court again. 9pm it was packed! It took DH about 30-45 minutes to get our food from the deli counter and get through the line to pay. Finally off to bed.

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 16 June 2005 - 11:52 AM

I know what you mean how much of a shock it is to go during a busy time of the year. With the exception of May (for SWW), I make it a point to avoid busy times of the year. Thanks for posting!

#3 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 16 June 2005 - 12:44 PM

QuickGold said:

I know what you mean how much of a shock it is to go during a busy time of the year. With the exception of May (for SWW), I make it a point to avoid busy times of the year. Thanks for posting!

Amen! I loved the SWW and hope to get a chance to do it again. But being there during busy periods is not half as much fun. :lol:
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#4 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 16 June 2005 - 07:01 PM

I agree. I think next year, if we go to SWW again, we'll only do MGM and avoid the other parks. We realize that we are very lucky to be able to go often and won't really miss anything if we skip a park.

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 17 June 2005 - 06:58 AM

Figaro said:

I agree. I think next year, if we go to SWW again, we'll only do MGM and avoid the other parks. We realize that we are very lucky to be able to go often and won't really miss anything if we skip a park.
I used thast theory when I went in May as I only went to MGM & Epcot, skipping MK for the first time ever for me I think

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users