Studios Central: Rate and Read Reviews of places to eat at MGM! - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rate and Read Reviews of places to eat at MGM!

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 10 August 2002 - 02:06 PM

I thought this might help some visitors make their decisions on where to eat on their next trip. Please post reviews of your favorite full service restaurants at the Disney-MGM Studios including what you thought, quality of the food and service and whether or not you'd go back again!

For a listing of full service restaurants as well as MGM Studios.Org's review, just click here

#2 User is offline   TowerOfTerrorFreak 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:FIRST OF ALL My Husband! Music, Tower Of Terror, Tower Of Terror, Aerosmith, The Beatles, My iPod, Tower Of Terror....and Tower Of Terror

Posted 21 August 2002 - 04:02 AM

I like to eat at Hollywood and Vine. It is soo cool there. When I sit down and just listen to the nice Big Band music they play..which my favorate song that they play is " Moonlight Serenade" by Glenn Miller and "Don't Sit Under The Apple Tree" by The Andrew Sister's. I listen to Big Band ever since I heard it at MGM. I also now like watching movies from the 1930's. I just got hooked on them :P :D :P :) :P

~*~*~*~TOWER OF TERROR~*~*~*~*~

Ladies and Gentlemen Welcome to the Hollywood Tower Hotel. We would like to remind you that the Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror features a high speed drop and you should be in good health free from heart condition back or neck problems, or any other physical conditions which could be aggravated by this adventure. We are sorry but children under thee seven years of age are not, not accompanied by an adult or guest that do not meet the 40 in. height requirement may not ride. While waiting to check in we ask that you step all the way forward and fill in all thee available space around you. Food and Drinks should be finished upon entering the hotel lobby and for the courtesy of those around you smoking is not permitted. Also for your safety we ask that you and your children do not stand or walk on the garden walls. Thank you and do enjoy your stay at the Hollywood Tower Hotel. (I know they dont say this exact announcement anymore..but....I like this one so....yea........lol!!)

Tower Of Terror : 105 TIMES!!!

*~*~*~Jackie~*~*~*

I LOVE WALT DISNEY!!!!!!

#3 User is offline   TowerOfTerrorFreak 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:FIRST OF ALL My Husband! Music, Tower Of Terror, Tower Of Terror, Aerosmith, The Beatles, My iPod, Tower Of Terror....and Tower Of Terror

Posted 26 August 2002 - 06:02 PM

There is also the Sci-Fi Dine in Theater..That is a really cool place to eat. It is located right next to New York Street and it is close to Star Tours at Echo Lake. You sit down and eat in side cars. It is suppose to be like a Drive in theater at night. The food there are really good. They even show preveiws of the old 30's - 50's movies. It's pretty cool.

Ladies and Gentlemen Welcome to the Hollywood Tower Hotel. We would like to remind you that the Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror features a high speed drop and you should be in good health free from heart condition back or neck problems, or any other physical conditions which could be aggravated by this adventure. We are sorry but children under thee seven years of age are not, not accompanied by an adult or guest that do not meet the 40 in. height requirement may not ride. While waiting to check in we ask that you step all the way forward and fill in all thee available space around you. Food and Drinks should be finished upon entering the hotel lobby and for the courtesy of those around you smoking is not permitted. Also for your safety we ask that you and your children do not stand or walk on the garden walls. Thank you and do enjoy your stay at the Hollywood Tower Hotel. (I know they dont say this exact announcement anymore..but....I like this one so....yea........lol!!)

*~*~*~Jackie~*~*~*

I LOVE WALT DISNEY!!!!!!

#4 User is offline   TowerOfTerrorFreak 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 26 August 2002 - 06:08 PM

50's Prime Time Cafe is another cool place. It's like your waiter is either your mother or your father. You would really have fun there. That place is also lacated at Echo lake....near Hollywood & Vine. The setting is like a house. That is a cool place.

*~*~*~Jackie~*~*~*

I LOVE WALT DISNEY!!!!!!

#5 User is offline   DisneyFreak1228 

• Studios God

Posted 26 August 2002 - 06:50 PM

I gotta agree w/ ToTFreak. The Sci-Fi and The 50's Diners are so great! And the 50's Diner gives you A LOT of "Homecooked by Mama" food! I like Hollywood and Vine too. AMAZING food. Mama Melrose's is alright, but they basically have only NY style brick oven pizza which I can get anywhere down here, so I'm glad they're revamping their menu. The ABC Comissary is only good if you're a hard core vegan/sandwich eater, which I am NOT. *L* The Brown Derby's really good too. It's amazing how well they recreated it.
*Leslie Ivette*

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 28 August 2002 - 03:04 PM

My favorite counter service restaurant is the ABC Commissary and my favorite full service restaurant is the Brown Derby.

#7 User is offline   DisneyFreak1228 

• Studios God

Posted 28 August 2002 - 08:20 PM

*begins to say something smart but stops* I'm not even gonna say anything. I promised I'd be good on here and I'm gonna keep my promise :lol: If you wanna know what I was gonna say, Matt, you know how to reach me :P
*Leslie Ivette*

#8 User is offline   ILUVDISNEYWRLD 

• Studios Regular

Posted 09 September 2002 - 11:11 AM

I've eaten at the 50's prime time cafe and it has really good food!

#9 User is offline   Tish 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 30 October 2002 - 08:35 PM

I ate lunch at Sci-Fi on Monday. My only complaint is that the booths are way too small for my fat @ss!

Seriously, though. I had the ribs and they were excellent. Better than excellent. Magnificent!

As an added bonus, I got to spend the rest of the day wearing half the sauce on my shirt! :oops:

#10 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 30 October 2002 - 09:59 PM

Tish said:

As an added bonus, I got to spend the rest of the day wearing half the sauce on my shirt! :oops:

Ooof, I hate when that happens :P

#11 User is offline   Belle13 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Disney

Posted 12 January 2003 - 12:02 AM

My absolute favorite restaurant in MGM is 50's Prime Time Cafe, which is funny, in that it took me FOREVER to try it. I was always scared off by the interactive waitstaff, after eating at Whispering Canyon and getting turned off by their antics. However, because my DH was craving good meatloaf (and I don't make good meatloaf), I made PS for our trip this past August. Boy, was I ever pleasantly surprised! The waitstaff was a lot of fun... they picked, but never got on your nerves.. they were just funny, not irritating. The food was fantastic! I had the potroast with delicious mashed potatos and green beans, and DH had,.. of course, the meatloaf.. also with mashed potatos and green beans. Let me tell you, they didn't need to tell us to clean our plates, there wasn't a crumb left. The kids menu was good, too, and DD had the pasta with "red sauce". We had the S'Mores for dessert, and they were wonderful! When we went with my parents in tow this past October, we had to show off our new find, so we took them to 50's Prime Time. They fell in love with it, as well. My dad had such a good time, he gave our "Mom" a big hug, and promised to cut the grass when he came back from playing. If you do this restaurant right, you will have not only a great meal, but a blast, as well! This is our new "never miss" restaurant!

We have also had very good meals at Hollywood and Vine. We ate there for a lunch buffet, and I must say, the food was delicious, and we were very impressed with the selections on the buffet. The service was great, and the interaction with the characters was about the best we have encountered at any of the character meals.

Three times we have eaten at Mama Melrose, and have never been disappointed, there, either. The first, we each had a pasta dish.. mine was made with risotto, and was great. I can't remember the name of it, as it was the special that night, and when we went back to find out the menu had changed. Didn't think to ask, either. The 2nd time we went, DH and I split the 4 cheese flatbread pizza and the Balsalmic Vinegrette salad. It was delicious, as well, and more than enough for 2. The 3rd time, we took our DD, and she had the kid's spaghetti, which she said was "the best ever". I had the portobello mushroom risotto, which was terrific. DH had the pasta with the sausage, peppers, etc. It also was very tasly. We split a carafe of the Sangria, and it was the best I have had in ages!

DH and I finally got a PS to Brown Derby last January, when we were in WDW without our DD. We had one of the 1st seatings for lunch. We had a nice table for 2, and loved looking around at all of the movie stars charactures. Our service was great. We each had a salad... being a traditionalist, I had to get the reknowned Cobb Salad. It did not disappoint. DH had the BBQ chicken salad, which was very delicious. We would definitely eat there again!

#12 User is offline   Pirate Mickey 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 10 February 2003 - 11:08 AM

Hello, I new here but we really enjoy the burgers at the Sci-Fi.

#13 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 10 February 2003 - 11:52 AM

Welcome to MGMStudios.Org Pirate Mickey ;)

#14 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 18 May 2004 - 03:04 PM

I heard that the little shack (Site Digs) next to Indiana Jones stunt show has "THE BEST" cheesesteak sandwhich in the park!! It is a great bargain, $6.49, and is very filling.

Can anyone comment on this?

#15 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 18 May 2004 - 04:23 PM

Not really sure, but i do love most of the cheesesteaks wdw sells.

#16 User is offline   mandabella 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Disney, musicals, and jewelry

Posted 18 May 2004 - 05:46 PM

I'd have to give the nod to the Brown Derby. We always make a visit there for every trip. TRY THE GRAPEFRUIT CAKE!!! I love that stuff. It's soo yummy! Cobb salad is excellent, beef is wonderful, decor is fun with the, service is excellent, and it kinda makes you feel like you aren't in a theme park. I really enjoy this place.

#17 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 19 May 2004 - 08:06 AM

QuickGold said:

I heard that the little shack (Site Digs) next to Indiana Jones stunt show has "THE BEST" cheesesteak sandwhich in the park!! It is a great bargain, $6.49, and is very filling.

Can anyone comment on this?

Yes, they are great :P

#18 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 19 May 2004 - 09:05 PM

DisneyPrincess said:

Yes, they are great ;)

Any different than the normal ones?

#19 User is offline   DarthShader 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:muscle cars, star wars, martial arts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 07:24 PM

Great inexpensive meal for those of us spending too much on SWW merchandise. :)

#20 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 30 May 2004 - 03:19 PM

DarthShader said:

Great inexpensive meal for those of us spending too much on SWW merchandise. :D

I was tempted to eat one when I was down there but opted to eat at Backlot Express instead :P

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users