Studios Central: Rob's Family Vacation to WDW - June 2004 - Day 7 - MGM - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rob's Family Vacation to WDW - June 2004 - Day 7 - MGM

#1 User is offline   rob_wilson 

• Resident Game Show Expert
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, Trivia

Posted 13 June 2004 - 09:06 AM

Players: Rob (the guy footing the bill), Debbie (the wife), Donny (the son), Hayley (the daughter)

Lodging: Port Orleans: French Quarter an EPCOT Resort

Dates: 6/3-6/10 (This post relates to 6/9)

Transportation: Nissan Quest van

We chose to again go to MGM. I think it was really killing the rest of the family that I had been the only one to make it to the Hot Seat at Play It!. We decided to split up initially with Debbie making us dinner reservations for The '50s Prime Time Diner while I headed to Play It! to get Fast Passes for the first show. We met back at The Great Movie Ride and rode it as Donny had been wanting to do. Afterwards we headed to WWTBAM-PI! and caught the show.

Once again, all four of us were on the Leaderboard at one time or another throughout the day. Unfortunately, only one of us was in the number 1 slot when they were looking for a new player to sit in the Hot Seat. Doubly unfortunate was that the someone was me, and I had to decline due to their 30 day ineligibility rule once you sit in the Hot Seat once.

Hayley got restless halfway through the day, so I took her over to Muppet*Vision. We almost made it back in time to catch the next show of Play It!, but didn't so we sat outside the show in hopes of being a Phone a Stranger. However, when the phone eventually rang, someone else just happened to be walking by and he got grabbed for that duty instead of me.

Eventually it was time for dinner, so we got what was probably the best meal of the trip and also got to enjoy all the craziness that goes on at the Prime Time Diner. One teenage boy was getting quite a ribbing from one of the waitresses for putting his elbows on the table and not eating his veggies. She finally did the "open the hangar" routine with him and force fed him his green beans. We finished our meal with Dad's Sundae. Despite the name, I was not allowed to eat it all myself. I shared with all 3 other members of my family.

As we left the diner, the rain was beginning again. We gave up trying to see Fantasmic! and went back to the room to pack.

Since nothing much happend on Day 8, I'll go ahead and includ that here, too. Basically, we got up and drove home. Since we got an earlier start on the return trip, we were able to do it all in one day, though we didn't get home until after 11 pm. We stopped in Georgia for lunch at a Sonny's Barbecue restaurant. Dinner was at a McDonald's in Tennessee. We were all quite tired when we got home, but it felt good to sleep in our own beds again. The next day was spent unpacking and catching up on stuff around the house.

The End :)

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 13 June 2004 - 11:31 AM

Driving home is the worst, in my opinion. If it were possible, I'd drive down and fly back. :)

Great report Rob! Very well written and I like the family fights you included...reminds me of my own trips down :D Thanks for posting!

#3 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 13 June 2004 - 01:52 PM

It is good you can spend this much time here. I know many can't for various reason. Just relax at your own pace.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users