Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Brand New Force FX Lightsabers!

#1 User is offline   General Specific 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:04 PM

To all Star Wars fans, particularly those of the Force FX Lightsabers, now being made by Hasbro, the rumors concerning the creation of Obi-Wan TPM and Count Dooku Force FX Lightsabers are indeed true, and I have found some very exciting pictures of them:

http://www.rebelscum.com/TF2009/Hasbropres...ion/image58.asp

http://www.rebelscum.com/TF2009/Hasbropres...ion/image59.asp

http://www.rebelscum...bro1/image7.asp

http://toyfair09.fig...to.php?photo=53

http://toyfair09.fig...to.php?photo=56

The Obi-Wan TPM is relatively unremarkable, but the Count Dooku as instantly become a must-own for me. At this point I'm unsure as to exatly WHEN these will become available through retail, but I can say that both should be in stores sometime this year. :(

#2 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:30 AM

Yes, a Dooku saber might be on the must have list here too. The kid and I are due for another round of FX Saber Fights!!! (She is no match for the Darkside, but underestimating her is a BIG mistake. She has a viscious upswing! :shock: ) :( :twisted:

I wonder if the costs will be about the same as they were in the past.
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#3 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:29 PM

The Dooku Saber: Because even the Dark Side is no match for The Arthritis.

:(

Please read my blog, The World by Day
Follow me on Twitter! YoPaulieNJ

#4 User is offline   General Specific 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:38 PM

I'm quite confident that the Dooku will become a hugh seller, and even though I probably won't feel the urge to buy it, I hope the Obi-Wan TPM sells well too so that Hasbro will feel confident about releasing additional relatively obscure sabers. Anyway, the FX rumor mill seems to be pointing towards these sabers being in development:

Darth Sidious ROTS
Qui-Gon Jinn TPM
Ahsoka Tano CW
Asajj Ventress CW

I'm not sure about the condition of a Mace re-release, but I think that Hasbro would like to wait a while before talking about the re-release of Luke ROTJ, as they feel that it's rarity would create a higher demand for Qui-Gon's and Ahsoka's. Still, as Master Yoda would say, "Always in motion, the future is."

#5 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:58 PM

I thought Yoda said, "Always emotion, the future is".

Please read my blog, The World by Day
Follow me on Twitter! YoPaulieNJ

#6 User is offline   General Specific 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:10 PM

A quick update here, the website www.replix.de lists the Obi-Wan TPM as being available on March 30th, and the Dooku ROTS as available on May 29th.

#7 User is offline   General Specific 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:13 PM

First bit of significant information on these in a while, somebody posted a video with these in hand just recently. It can be viewed here:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=pZifuErMqcg

As far as size is concerned, I am very pleased with the result of both sabers. Of course, I gathered the guy in the video had NO idea what he was holding.

"So...uh...yeah. I found these lazer sabers from Star trek or Star Wars...one of them....they're pretty glowy and hummy...uh...."

Seriously, next time I'd like to see Hasbro find someone who actually owns some FX sabers to do a video. At least we could have then known about weight, whether or not the sound effects were any different (damn that annoying music), and diameter in relation to previous sabers.

#8 User is offline   vadersmistress 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:47 PM

does anyone know if these are available for any sort of pre-order?

thanks!!

=D

#9 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:55 AM

Welcome to Studios Central vadersmistress!

#10 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:04 PM

vadersmistress said:

does anyone know if these are available for any sort of pre-order?

thanks!!

=D

Welcome....

I doubt there will be a preorder, but stranger things have happened I guess.

General Specific, I agree with you. It isn't like it should be that hard to find someone who might know something about the product/movies and show a little enthusiasm. Heck, they could get volunteers that would sell the stuff better.
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#11 User is offline   General Specific 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 22 March 2009 - 02:39 PM

The Dark Lord of the Sith said:

General Specific, I agree with you. It isn't like it should be that hard to find someone who might know something about the product/movies and show a little enthusiasm. Heck, they could get volunteers that would sell the stuff better.

Mostly it's annoying because it makes Hasbro seem out of touch with the fanbase for these Sabers. I mean, the guy in the video that the Obi-Wan TPM was different than their previous Obi-Wan.

Come on Hasbro, the entire reason why I'm very interested in your Count Dooku is that it looks so unlike any previous FX Saber, and that type of variety is the best way to keep me interested in future Sabers. For example, maybe take a look into the Expanded Universe to release some new colors, or simply make some new sounds for future Sabers. Pretty much anything to prevent me from having reservations about basically buying the same Sabers over again.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users