• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Contract Renewals

#1 User is offline   DC1309 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:13 PM

Does anyone know of have heard anything about the contract renewals of our favorite Citizens of Hollywood. I would like to know who is staying and unfortunatly going...Any news would be great.
" Hey bear, you not even funny in 3D"

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:54 AM

I havent heard anything lately in that regard

#3 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:25 PM

Dara Vamp didn't get her contract renewed and also Otto Von Bon Bahn will stay but only part time.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#4 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:25 PM

I thought Otto was sent to the Hollywood Graveyard permanently. I never got to know Dara Vamp. The only time I saw her, she called Facebook a tabloid. Then for the Honey Darling wedding, I took that idea and ran with it.

CURSE YOU DISNEY HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS MANAGEMENT!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#5 User is offline   DC1309 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:13 PM

I did read also on the Citizens facebook page that "Alberto Dante" is gettig reassigned to a new role also..It seems that every year the Citizens population is dwindiling. Or is that just me?
" Hey bear, you not even funny in 3D"

#6 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:01 AM

View PostDC1309, on 19 March 2011 - 07:13 PM, said:

It seems that every year the Citizens population is dwindiling. Or is that just me?

Nope, it's not you. I believe the Citizens of Hollywood are getting "evicted" from their park, and it's the guests fault because they don't stop to watch them in action because they have to ride Toy Story Mania or Star Tours 2.0 or any of the other attractions in the park. Disney knows this and that is why they are making so many cuts to the cast.

HELLO! WAKE-UP CALL: The Citizens of Hollywood ARE an attraction, and they deserve ALL of your attention! So quit treating them like Second Class Citizens! SMELL THE COFFEE, PEOPLE!! :angry:
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#7 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:28 PM

View PostCOH#1fan, on 20 March 2011 - 11:01 AM, said:

Nope, it's not you. I believe the Citizens of Hollywood are getting "evicted" from their park, and it's the guests fault because they don't stop to watch them in action because they have to ride Toy Story Mania or Star Tours 2.0 or any of the other attractions in the park. Disney knows this and that is why they are making so many cuts to the cast.

HELLO! WAKE-UP CALL: The Citizens of Hollywood ARE an attraction, and they deserve ALL of your attention! So quit treating them like Second Class Citizens! SMELL THE COFFEE, PEOPLE!! :angry:

but I like Toy Story Mania
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#8 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:52 AM

View Postyulilin, on 18 March 2011 - 12:25 PM, said:

Dara Vamp didn't get her contract renewed and also Otto Von Bon Bahn will stay but only part time.

Isn't the guy that is Otto, Herbie, the behind-the-scenes leader of CoH?

#9 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:01 AM

View PostQuickGold, on 21 March 2011 - 10:52 AM, said:

IDK if he's the leader, but on his FB page he said that April 17th is his last full-time day and that he will be part-time when someone calls in sick or is on vacation.

#10 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:10 AM

Peter, you are right to a point that the COH are taken for granted. I know this and still find myself moving on past without watching. I've been trying to make a better effort as of late, but the average Joe/Jane isn't really aware of how Disney has cut back on this. It's a shame, they do an outstanding job, but there is no advertising as such that promotes meeting or seeing the citizens compared to other attractions.
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#11 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:37 AM

View PostThe Dark Lord of the Sith, on 23 March 2011 - 11:10 AM, said:

Peter, you are right to a point that the COH are taken for granted. I know this and still find myself moving on past without watching. I've been trying to make a better effort as of late, but the average Joe/Jane isn't really aware of how Disney has cut back on this. It's a shame, they do an outstanding job, but there is no advertising as such that promotes meeting or seeing the citizens compared to other attractions.

I believe that has changed hopefully for the better as DHS has published the CoH showtimes in their entertainment guides, or so I've heard.

#12 User is offline   Brenna 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Disney, The Twilight Zone, reading/completing nursing research (nerd alert!), running and, of course, shopping!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:49 PM

View PostCOH#1fan, on 24 March 2011 - 06:37 AM, said:

I believe that has changed hopefully for the better as DHS has published the CoH showtimes in their entertainment guides, or so I've heard.

that would be great if they put the times in the guides, however i would miss the spontaneity of walking down hollywood/sunset and seeing something cool and unexpected take shape into a little show.

IMO, they should all be renewed and more characters added!!

#13 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:51 PM

View PostQuickGold, on 21 March 2011 - 10:52 AM, said:

I don't know about being the leader, but I do know he has been a coach/mentor to the newbies.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#14 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:01 PM

Yesterday (sat. 26) was Bucky Greenhorn's last day as CoH, the actor will be moving to the Hoop Dee Doo. It was really sad yesterday, his wife was there and she was very emotional (she sings with the Voices of Liberty at Epcot). I really don't understand the logic to all this moving around. But am still hopefull that the CoH will continue to shine on the streets of DHS

#15 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:23 PM

View Postyulilin, on 27 March 2011 - 08:01 PM, said:

Yesterday (sat. 26) was Bucky Greenhorn's last day as CoH, the actor will be moving to the Hoop Dee Doo. It was really sad yesterday, his wife was there and she was very emotional (she sings with the Voices of Liberty at Epcot). I really don't understand the logic to all this moving around. But am still hopefull that the CoH will continue to shine on the streets of DHS

I was under the impression the the actor who plays Bucky is moving due to his own choice. But of course it would be emotional after working so closely with such a great group of people (like a family). I guess they will be on different shift, with him working at night at Hoop dee doo and her working in the daytime at Voices of Liberty. I sure hope this move was his choice.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#16 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:36 AM

Hmmm... Seems like WDW may be beefing up the Hoop Dee Doo Review cast by using DHS CMs. Another CM who has been at AIE in several roles including judge since it opened (was previously at Adventurers Club) is also going to HDDR as Dolly.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#17 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 01 April 2011 - 02:47 PM

More sad news from the CoH family.Today is the last day for Off. Manly. Tomorrow is the last day for Otto, Dara and Reddy Freddy. Their contracts didn't get renewed.

#18 User is offline   sarahzy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:22 PM

It sounds like a better question is who did get renewed? It seems like a lot of the COH aren't coming back.

#19 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:03 PM

View Postsarahzy, on 01 April 2011 - 03:22 PM, said:

It sounds like a better question is who did get renewed? It seems like a lot of the COH aren't coming back.

AND IT'S ALL THE GUEST'S FAULT! :angry:

But I've already covered that in a previous post.

#20 User is offline   RAXIP 

• Studios Regular

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:31 AM

View PostDC1309, on 19 March 2011 - 07:13 PM, said:

I did read also on the Citizens facebook page that "Alberto Dante" is getting reassigned to a new role also..It seems that every year the Citizens population is dwindling. Or is that just me?

Keep your cameras rolling on the Streets of America next week.
Seize the moment! Let your fantasies and dreams set sail.

Character Attendant @ DHS
WOD Squad '08

flickr
twitter

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users