• You cannot reply to this topic

Fantasmic dinner package with dining plan

#1 User is offline   mom9905 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:02 PM

Hi,
My family and are going to wdw in june.
Anyone know if The Fantasmic dinner package is included w/ the dining plan?
Another ? Anyone know the park hours for June?
Thanks
Michelle in Pa

#2 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:27 PM

I'm a local so I don't use the dining plan. I'm sure someone else has that answer. The June park hours haven't been posted yet by Disney but should ber soon. You you can find them on their website. Just select planiing then park hours and type in the start date of your vacation.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#3 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:49 PM

It is indeed included in the dining plan, and Mama Melrose's is a great deal, considering you only need to use one table service credit, and you get to bypass the horrendous wait.

And, Feh to Matt who is going to come on in here and say the seating section is horrible... :)

We always sit towards the top, and all the way over on the far left of the section. Most everyone else rushes the water towards the front.

Please read my blog, The World by Day
Follow me on Twitter! YoPaulieNJ

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:04 PM

Welcome to Studios Central mom9905!

You can get the Fantasmic! Dinner Package, but you don't need it. For the dinner package, you need to show up AT LEAST 30 minutes early. So just show up an extra 15-30 minutes ahead of that and you can get a MUCH better seat. :)

Read this article I wrote about why you don't want to get the Fantasmic! Dinner Package: http://www.studiosce...n/weekly22.html

#5 User is offline   mom9905 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:43 PM

Thanks Everybody,
Wht's better brown Derby or Hollywood and Vine?
My family and I did not like mama melrose. Are we better off going to the capemay clambake and arriving early for Fantasmic? Last year we were so far away from the show.
We forgot about star wars weekends and the park was packed

#6 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:48 PM

Matt, seriously, your article is from 2007, back when there was one show, perhaps even 2 shows a day.

Now, with the reduced schedule, and the stories of people showing up well over an hour just to stand... you may want to revisit your article! Also, you no longer meet at the garage at the front of the park for the special entrance.

Better yet... sometime in the next week, go to Fantasmic! an hour before show time, and let us know how it was.

(edit: special entrance)

#7 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:52 PM

I'm not a fan of the clambake, but, I'm from the northeast, where great seafood is plentiful and cheap.

#8 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:27 PM

QuickGold said:

Welcome to Studios Central mom9905!

You can get the Fantasmic! Dinner Package, but you don't need it. For the dinner package, you need to show up AT LEAST 30 minutes early. So just show up an extra 15-30 minutes ahead of that and you can get a MUCH better seat. :)

Read this article I wrote about why you don't want to get the Fantasmic! Dinner Package: http://www.studiosce...n/weekly22.html

I did the package on Jan 15th. They told us to show up 45 to 60 minutes early. We say to heck with that and showed up 30 minutes early. It was a mad house. Non-dinner package people were standing room at that time. They let us into the area for dinner package people but you really have to push your way thru now.

Frankly, I like the security of the dinner package especially now with this nutty 2 nights a week nonsense forcing huge crowds and lots of people being turned away. I never disliked the seating
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#9 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:31 PM

mom9905 said:

Wht's better brown Derby or Hollywood and Vine?

The Derby has significantly better food but its also significantly more expensive. In fact, you pay nothing extra to do the dinner package at the H&V, at least that was true last year. But the food is average

The Derby's food is also a bit more esoteric. The Cobb salad is great, but again very expensive especially for the Dinner Package.
JAMBO EVERYONE!

#10 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:45 PM

YoPaulie said:

Matt, seriously, your article is from 2007, back when there was one show, perhaps even 2 shows a day.

Now, with the reduced schedule, and the stories of people showing up well over an hour just to stand... you may want to revisit your article! Also, you no longer meet at the garage at the front of the park for the special entrance.

Better yet... sometime in the next week, go to Fantasmic! an hour before show time, and let us know how it was.

(edit: special entrance)
Bottom line, with the package you still have to show up early. What's another 30 minutes or so? And let me remind you that you'll get far superior seating on your own. Nevermind also that the times for the package are generally harder to get than traditional ADRs.

#11 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:29 AM

QuickGold said:

Bottom line, with the package you still have to show up early. What's another 30 minutes or so?

LOL, you clearly do not have children, nor travel with them frequently. 30 minutes of waiting is an eternity. An ADDITIONAL 30 minutes, I'd rather set my hair on fire.

#12 User is offline   mom9905 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:12 AM

Hii
thanks everyone!!
I think we will do the clambake then backtrack to the studios in the evening. I'll be traveling with a 9 and 4 yr old.
It should not take all day to do this park.
Included in our package is mini golf. So we'll break up the day with that and walking the boardwalk area.Last Year we stayed at the dolphin so we are very familiar with the area.
thanks

#13 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:04 PM

YoPaulie said:

QuickGold said:

Bottom line, with the package you still have to show up early. What's another 30 minutes or so?

LOL, you clearly do not have children, nor travel with them frequently. 30 minutes of waiting is an eternity. An ADDITIONAL 30 minutes, I'd rather set my hair on fire.
After a full day of park touring, I know anyone would enjoy some time to simply sit down and relax, and it's a great opportunity to eat dinner. Grab something at a quick service and eat it in your seats at Fantasmic.

#14 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:14 PM

YoPaulie said:

Yeah, I am with you
JAMBO EVERYONE!

#15 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:57 PM

QuickGold said:

After a full day of park touring, I know anyone would enjoy some time to simply sit down and relax, and it's a great opportunity to eat dinner. Grab something at a quick service and eat it in your seats at Fantasmic.

Adults, yes. Teens, yes.

Kids under 10? not a chance.

#16 User is offline   ghost1000 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:41 AM

We did the Fantasmic Dinner package a few years ago, and when we got to the theater we were told to sit anyplace we wanted. And we got to the theater before any of the guests standing outside the theater got there.
~~ Rita

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users