Studios Central: Planning way ahead - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Planning way ahead

#1 User is offline   emilyrose0507 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:SCA... and Disney, odd mix I know ..

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:41 PM

Ok here is the idea,
A friend of mine asked about going to WDW for the first weekend of star wars weekend. I know that it is early and all but to budget it out the sooner the better... We would be driving Four adults for the northeast corner of CT so we can switch off drivers. And my husband and I will both have AP since were going in late Sept with the rest of the family. Here is the question do we stay at pop century or all all stars vacation homes. I have stayed with all star a few times and love them. Never stayed at pop but have heard great things about it. Since we will have a car we can eat a few meals off property to save some money. But hitting the food court in the Morning is not bad thing for us either. So we need help. Do we stay on property and use the car a little and then if we want to split up we can with no problem. Or at all star and have to be together all the time... I know that with the AP you can get discounts on the room at Pop but only one room because you have to be in that room with the AP. Or are there ways of getting around this and saving money. I am pulling towards stay at Pop just so we can can use the buses and all that. With not having the children with us( they will be with Nana and Papa) we can leave at seven in the morning and get back when ever we want..... Were looking at only being at Disney for four or five days. just so were not rushed to get it all done at once.... and I think with all of us we might be able to get to WDW in one day if we do not stop driving... Or is this just nuts..... Help.....

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:51 AM

The reason to stay at Pop would be the convenience factor. Personally, I love ASVH and the amenities you get from them are hard to beat. Obviously, a ASVH is going to be a much better room than Pop, but again, there are benefits of staying on property.

It comes down to if you'd prefer to stay on property and have added convenience or have better amenities off site?

#3 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:47 AM

Since you & your husband are both AP holders you could each probably book a room to get the discount & then just let the other couple use the second room once you get there... Not sure how Disney would know who's actually sleeping in each room....
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users