• You cannot reply to this topic

A Character's Story

#1 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:47 PM

Posted Image
I always believed myself to be the only "character" who never worked for Disney or anything Disney-related (except for the one month that I was employed at the AMC movie theaters during the summer of '96, but that's another story), and truth be told, the only Disney characters worth visiting were ones that were loved and admired by small girls. I knew it, and so did my sister, that they were not really meant for people like me... or so I thought.

Posted Image
As I was meeting Ariel here, I had mentioned to her that this would probably be the last time I got to see her again, explaining that my sister believed that I'm not the kind of person to be meeting up with characters of any kind. Ariel disagreed with me and said I could come back any time. With the new-found confidence I obtained from Ariel's Grotto, I set off to meet as many characters as I could think of.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image http://img.photobuck...onald070308.jpg
Even though the Princesses are interesting to chat with, in the extremely short time that I have to chat with them, I have more respect for the non-face characters because of a lesson I learned from this guy: http://img.photobuck.../smurfatcon.jpg

http://img.photobuck...ters/Still6.jpg
I had thought that my day of meeting characters were over and done with until I found this trio over by Fairytale Garden. I did not get a chance to see the Storytime with Belle because all the showtimes were full up (you could hear the CMs barking from the Tea Cup ride), and because I can never get a chance to play The Beast, but Lady Tremain and her "beautiful" daughters were sufficient entertainment for me, and pretty much everyone else in the area. I discovered them on YouTube you know, and to be quite honest, these were the characters I could best associate with.
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#2 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:44 PM

Peter - I love the photo trip report. Every photo brought a smile to my face. I've never seen the step mother and the ugly step sisters; I had no idea that they were at the park. I'll have to be on the look out for them. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see more.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:34 PM

Great photos!

#4 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:34 AM

The pics are soooo cool! It brought back memories of a trip I took to WDW a number of years ago with friends. My one 40-something year old friend brought an autograph book and made it a point to get as many autographs as possible that year. We all had a blast interacting with the characters as she was getting the autographs! :lol:

By the way, a bit of character autograph trivia.... Did you know that CMs have to go to "autograph school" before they can sign autographs? I was told this by a cast member during a behind the scenes tour. That way, regardless of who signs a particular character's name, it looks the same. You can even get an autograph from Tinkerbell even though she never appears in person for pics or autographs. It's not feasible to put her in costume because of her diminutive size. If you ask at Town Hall in MK, she is not available at the moment but you can leave your item to be autographed and she will autograph it behind the scenes and you can pick it up later.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#5 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:56 PM

HDLady said:

By the way, a bit of character autograph trivia.... Did you know that CMs have to go to "autograph school" before they can sign autographs? I was told this by a cast member during a behind the scenes tour. That way, regardless of who signs a particular character's name, it looks the same. You can even get an autograph from Tinkerbell even though she never appears in person for pics or autographs. It's not feasible to put her in costume because of her diminutive size. If you ask at Town Hall in MK, she is not available at the moment but you can leave your item to be autographed and she will autograph it behind the scenes and you can pick it up later.

Or you could just ask Peter Pan to bring your autograph book to Tinker Bell. At the end of his set, he'll quickly dash off backstage, then with great alacrity, return with your book.

At least, that's how it happened to me when I got my sketchbook signed by every Princess plus Tink.
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users