• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Next refurb?

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:42 AM

Now that Star Tours has been updated, which attraction in Hollywood Studios deserves an update?

#2 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:40 AM

For me it's The Great Movie Ride.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#3 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:45 AM

I'm sure a popular choice will be The Great Movie Ride. I'd personally like to see something done with the Sounds Dangerous set. I like the idea of a sound show because it fits well with the Studios it just needs redone with a different show and plot.

I'm curious what other people think of the Indiana Jones set? Personally, I think it's time to "pull the plunger" on Indy and make way for something new. There....I said it! :)

#4 User is offline   sarahzy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:32 PM

HISTK play area, Backlot, Sounds Dangerous, Great Movie Ride... I have a long wish list.

#5 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God
  • Interests:My Children and Family, Disney, Games, UFC

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:56 PM

I really hope they don't ditch Indy just yet. My children were not old enough for the attraction last time I was there, and I really want to share it with them this time!

For those of us who only make it down once every year or two the attraction isn't nearly as stale as it is for the rest of you.

#6 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:08 AM

View PostQuickGold, on 02 June 2011 - 10:42 AM, said:

Now that Star Tours has been updated, which attraction in Hollywood Studios deserves an update?

I want to say Citizens of Hollywood only because I would like to see the old-school streetmosphere crew back in full force, and BOO! to the naysayers who criticize them and want them out of the park.
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#7 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:09 AM

Definitely Great Movie Ride! It's really in a sorry state lately. I get sad riding it now. The last few times we rode, the CM's even seemed bored with it & embarrassed by the script.

HISTK I think could go on for a long time. The target audience grows out of it fast but new ones are always coming in so it's exciting to them. I actually find the kids love the simplicity of it!

#8 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:44 AM

1- Sounds Dangerous (currently the greatest waste of space)
2- Great Movie Ride (Some of the scenes are very tired.)
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#9 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:08 AM

While I really enjot GMR, I think it needs an update as long as they keep the same concept. I kind of like the corniness of the script but it could use some updating.

Backlot Tour needs to revamp the Pearl Harbor film & water special effects area, especially since you can't even see the overhead screens when it's sunny.

I think there is unused or under utilized space at DHS that could be put into good use... Sounds Dangerous and the building next to TSM (I think Soundstage 5?) are obvious ones.

I also think Narnia could be replaced without much loss. I went through it once and that was enough... not very much repeat appeal for me, anyway.

I'm not especially into the shows (Mermaid, B & the B, etc.) but enjoy them every so often and understand why they are popular.

Love or at least really enjoy TSM, LMA, Muppets, RnR, ToT, GMR, Fantasmic, and a few others so I hope they stay around a loooooong time!
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#10 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:57 PM

Color me "con" on a refurb of GMR. I do not have any faith that they would actually pursue licensing of any films they don't already own, or even any that they aren't actually trying to promote. You may consider some of the scenes outdated, but unless you'd consider a ride full of "Hannah Montana The Movie" and "Prom" preferable, I think it's better to leave it alone.

#11 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:50 AM

View PostJeanine, on 06 June 2011 - 09:57 PM, said:

Color me "con" on a refurb of GMR. I do not have any faith that they would actually pursue licensing of any films they don't already own, or even any that they aren't actually trying to promote. You may consider some of the scenes outdated, but unless you'd consider a ride full of "Hannah Montana The Movie" and "Prom" preferable, I think it's better to leave it alone.

I tend to agree with that line of thinking

#12 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:59 PM

I agree. Especially considering the way the last licensing deal turned out. I am sure Star Wars would feature promintently... How cool would it be to see the fight scene between Luke and Vader... That could take the place of the wizard of Oz scene... "Now, fulfill your destiny and take your father's place at my side!"

Change the opening scene to be the lion King... you turnt he corner and everything goes dark... and then bam lights... music... Rafiki presenting Simba on a Rock above your head...

Anyway... my point is that Disney has the rights to a lot of properties that could tastefully add to the Great Movie ride... but the charm of the GMR is the diversity, and frankly the fact that it is not completely disnified/pixard (I made those words up).

Without rights to some trule classic movies from all of the different genras an update scares me.

#13 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:34 AM

One ride I'd love to see come to DHS is Crush's Coaster from Disneyland Paris. Clearly there's a lot of interest for rides that the whole family can enjoy and Crush's Coaster has been a huge hit there.

#14 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:43 PM

It is a huge hit. The problem is ride capacity. It has obviously slowed down a little over the years, especially with the addition of Toy Story Play Land... but sending one car through at a time just isn't cutting it. The ride itself is very cool, but the wait times are historically so bad that it is not worth waiting. I have seen people pushing and fighting at rope drop on more than one occasion.

#15 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:54 PM

View PostRinjo, on 09 June 2011 - 05:43 PM, said:

... The ride itself is very cool, but the wait times are historically so bad that it is not worth waiting. I have seen people pushing and fighting at rope drop on more than one occasion.

Wow! Sounds like TSM at DHS!!! DHS blocks the small set of stairs going to TSM at rope drop and routes everyone through the animation arches to avoid guests getting trampled!!!
Debbie
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

www.congaloosh.org

#16 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:07 PM

Not even close! Europeans do not repect ropes or walls. People going towards the front of the actual line will invariably be left behind because people will rush under the ropes and push each other. It is getting better, but historically it has been a big problem. Rope drop now more or less goes all the way to the coaster, but it still doesn't stop people from pushing and running under the que ropes.

There is no Disney World Equivelent that I have ever seen. Only at six flags parks in southern california have I ever seen such blatant disregard for order. :)

The Toy Story rope drop is very controlled by comparrioson. :)

#17 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:06 AM

All I can say is YIKES!!! That rope drop sounds awful!!! Scary!
Debbie

www.congaloosh.org

#18 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:26 PM

It has been getting better over the years. Now they literally walk the rope all the way to the entrance of Crushes Coaster. The first month that it was opened the park really didn't have a big rope drop. They kept you in a soundstage and when the doors opened you were ready to go! I just don't think they were prepared for a super-headliner opening. Most of their thrill rides opened with the park.

They added ToT... but it doesn't have the same draw, and the magic kingdom has more than one so it splits that crowd.

Like I said, it is getting better... but even back then it was worth a bump or bruise if you didn't have to wait two hours to ride. :)

#19 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Running, Eating, Laughing, Running, Eating, Laughing

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:37 PM

I'd love to see more Muppets in the park. Not sure how Sounds Dangerous or Backlot Tour could be refurbed to accomplish this.

#20 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:02 PM

I agree! Depending ont eh success of the new muppets ride maybe we will see a rebirth of the Great Muppets Movie Ride idea. Disney Shouldn't need licenses to Spoof.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users