• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Disney Dining Experience

#41 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:35 AM

Figaro said:

Colin, how long did it take for you to get the card after ordering it? Ours expired and I need to order a new one before our May trip. Thanks!
Kim, you can pick up a temporary card at Epcot guest relations at the front of the park. Just call the DDE number and tell them you'd like a temporary card and that can ensure you can use it if it doesn't come in time :thumright:

#42 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:10 PM

Thanks Matt! That's what we did last time but I thought I saw somewhere that they stopped doing that. That would be the better option for us. :thumright:

#43 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:39 PM

Figaro said:

Thanks Matt! That's what we did last time but I thought I saw somewhere that they stopped doing that. That would be the better option for us. :thumright:
They stopped giving out temporary cards on the internet because people we're abusing it and making copies, but you can still pick up the temporary cards at Epcot :P

#44 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 03 April 2007 - 08:34 AM

Figaro said:

Colin, how long did it take for you to get the card after ordering it? Ours expired and I need to order a new one before our May trip. Thanks!

Kim, they got it out pretty fast. Just 2 weeks if my memory is correct. Like Matt said, you can make sure you are covered through guest relations.

I love that card :heart: :jedi: :woot:
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#45 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:54 AM

My card I just renewed, they sent me an email that said expect it to take 4-6 weeks for delivery, Well I got it in Feb.

However, I emailed and they had a "temp" one available for me by the next week, and they actually gave me an extra 2 months by getting a *temp* card because my card's expiration date isn't until end of March of next year!
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#46 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 03 April 2007 - 03:36 PM

PixieDust said:

However, I emailed and they had a "temp" one available for me by the next week, and they actually gave me an extra 2 months by getting a *temp* card because my card's expiration date isn't until end of March of next year!
Yep, I've gotten that too. Inevitably, you always get more than a year in reality, especially if you can get down in time to use your temp card. In fact, I'd recommend buying it just before a trip to ensure you maximize the time you can get for the money.

#47 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:17 AM

Rumor has it that the DDE will be making a major change...Possibly for 2008.

When using the DDE card an automatic 18% gratuity will be added to the bill.

I have mixed reaction to this rumor. I usually tip 15% to 18% anyway for average to good service, but if I receive poor service I might tip below 15%. I also think since this money is going directly to the server(s) I'm ok with it. If Disney was getting the money I might sing a different tune.

I'm not sure what would have prompted this rumored change except to make the DDE card costs more in line with the DDP changes for 2008.

#48 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 14 August 2007 - 08:52 PM

the CM discount of 20% automatically puts in 18% gratuity as it is, so it would be in line with that. Basically, meals would be tax free. I hope this is only for sit down meals. Like if I get something from a bar or at a counter service restaurant.

I need to staple my DDE card to my forehead. I forgot to use it in Epcot at the margarita stand in Mexico and beer from England as well as the All Star Sports food court. Missed out on some savings there. :x

#49 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:00 AM

QuickGold said:

the CM discount of 20% automatically puts in 18% gratuity as it is, so it would be in line with that. Basically, meals would be tax free. I hope this is only for sit down meals. Like if I get something from a bar or at a counter service restaurant.

We need to get to the bottom of that issue! :woot: Think of the fall out! :thumright:

Seriously, that is a good question. When are they threatening this going into effect?
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#50 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP

Posted 16 August 2007 - 12:57 PM

The Dark Lord of the Sith said:

QuickGold said:

We need to get to the bottom of that issue! :woot: Think of the fall out! :cry:

Seriously, that is a good question. When are they threatening this going into effect?

I hear the beginning of 2008.

#51 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:37 PM

Then I must make the most of the Disney Drinking Experience card in my October and December Trips!!! :cry: :twisted:

POFQ May 16-19

#52 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:30 PM

I'm glad Disney is finally making it more convenient to purchase and obtain a card.

Beginning on November 12, the Disney Dining Experience card can be purchased at a Disney Guest Service location. Annual Passholders and/or Florida Residents will need to provide proof of eligibility. Note that Disney Dining Experience membership requires that you be age 21 or older.

#53 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:20 PM

I forgot to post here. On my recent trip two weeks ago, I used the DDE card for valet at Boardwalk and Polynesian and each time I flashed the DDE card and got valet for free (well, plus tip). So I valeted 3 times so saved $30 right there.

#54 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:27 PM

That's great Matt! It makes the cost of the card so worth it.

#55 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP

Posted 09 November 2007 - 12:17 PM

Well, I guess we knew it was coming, but I'm still not happy about it.

From DDE Office:
We would like to inform you that the Walt Disney WorldŽ Resort will be implementing an across property policy change regarding gratuity at all food and beverage locations. Effective January 1, 2008, 18% gratuity will be added to all transactions, regardless of party size. Thank you for your continued support.

Cheers!

The Disney Dining Experience Team

The one point about this note is that it does not really say if it is for DDE customers only. I can't imagine everyone would be required to pay the 18% gratuity. :?

#56 User is offline   paeric 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 09 November 2007 - 12:33 PM

Here's email for complaints and refund requests for dining plan.

wdw.guest.communications<at>disneyworld.com

#57 User is offline   paeric 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 09 November 2007 - 12:35 PM

the 18% is for DDE only by the way, and you can write and call for refunds, although DDE is saying "no refunds". Unfortunately, this amounts to a service charge for anyone using DDE, which isn't considered a 'benefit/plan change'.

#58 User is offline   biblio 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 09 November 2007 - 12:42 PM

The Dark Lord of the Sith said:

Then I must make the most of the Disney Drinking Experience card in my October and December Trips!!! :lol: :twisted:

Colin,

We can stop by the Tune-In Lounge and get our "force on" before the big Star Tours meet.

Then we can sit behind Matt and really add to his experience!

#59 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP

Posted 09 November 2007 - 01:01 PM

paeric said:

the 18% is for DDE only by the way, and you can write and call for refunds, although DDE is saying "no refunds". Unfortunately, this amounts to a service charge for anyone using DDE, which isn't considered a 'benefit/plan change'.

Agree...Just the way it is worded was unclear. This was rumored to happen back in August when some of the DDP changes were officially announced for 2008.

I also agree that this is more like a service charge and not a gratuity. I guess there really isn't much of a change. You had to tip anyway.

#60 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 09 November 2007 - 01:34 PM

Welcome to Studios Central paeric!

The 18% add, although bad, isn't baseless. Cast Members get 20% off as well but have to tack on the 18% gratuity automatically.

It bothers me because what if I get bad service at a restaurant? That person doesn't deserve 18%. I will say that's hardly ever the case but it's annoying.

At least valet is still free :lol:

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users