• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars Weekends 3-

#1 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 31 May 2009 - 09:27 AM

Out of curiosity, who from the site is attending weekend 3 this year? (Prowse/Bulloch weekend)
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:20 AM

I think it's a safe bet that Glenn, Yulady and I will be there :(

#3 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:00 PM

View PostThe Dark Lord of the Sith, on May 31 2009, 10:27 AM, said:

Out of curiosity, who from the site is attending weekend 3 this year? (Prowse/Bulloch weekend)

I'll go on Friday with the kids. Plan to arrive around 3am :( , hope that's good enough for a guaranteed FP on any session. Saturday we'll be going to the studios but not getting autographs cause my husband will be going with us to celebrate Gustavo's 13th birthday, so we won't do alot of SW stuff.
Hope you can come B)
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#4 User is offline   Pipper011 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 31 May 2009 - 09:48 PM

I'll be there on Saturday and Sunday!! I won't be making the line for autographs for this weekend since I got Mr.Prowse autograph last year. Also I got Mr. Bullocks autograph several times. I was hoping that I could get the autographs from the actors of the clone wars but there not signing after the behind the force show. Really disappointing. I hope to see u guys there!!!

#5 User is offline   SkywalkersDad 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 31 May 2009 - 09:59 PM

I will be there, with 2 kids and one or two grandparents in tow. We'll try the autograph line but we probably won't get Prowse - my kids won't get out of bed early enough for that!

#6 User is offline   Meet me at the Derby 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 01 June 2009 - 12:31 PM

My family arrives on the 6th at mid-day. I want to get a few things done that day, like a visit to Wickets and the Hoopla. Then off to bed (at the Beach Club) so i can get my 10 yr old son up at 4 am for the Prowse line. Does anyone know if the Friendship boats run at that hour? :(

#7 User is offline   umanac 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:37 PM

View Postyulilin, on May 31 2009, 03:00 PM, said:

I'll go on Friday with the kids. Plan to arrive around 3am :rolleyes: , hope that's good enough for a guaranteed FP on any session. Saturday we'll be going to the studios but not getting autographs cause my husband will be going with us to celebrate Gustavo's 13th birthday, so we won't do alot of SW stuff.
Hope you can come B)

Do you think you need to be there by 3am to gurantee an autograph? I'm willing to get there that early if I have to.

#8 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:01 PM

View Postumanac, on Jun 1 2009, 02:37 PM, said:

Do you think you need to be there by 3am to gurantee an autograph? I'm willing to get there that early if I have to.

speaking to people in line these past 2 weekends I discovered that people that got there at 3am got 3rd session FP, So I'll risk it getting there at 3am I just don't think the kids will function if I get them any earlier to the park, hopefully alot of locals will wait until Saturday to go as well.

#9 User is offline   umanac 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:15 PM

Are there really THAT many people that get there before 3AM, or is there just a limited number of FP's to give out?

#10 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:56 PM

Personally I have to wonder if the demand will be a little less this year from last year. 3am seems too early to me. That said, I wasn't there for Prowse visit last year.

It is hard for me to believe that if you are there by 6-6:30 am you can't get a fast pass. Now I wouldn't want to bet on anything after that. I guess I'll learn the hard way this weekend. I've got both Friday and Saturday to get this right.
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#11 User is offline   umanac 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:42 PM

Let's just say that I was willing to go up there and camp out all night... say starting at 1AM... do they even have restrooms open to the public at that time? Getting there isn't an issue, but knowing that there isn't a restroom for my wife to use for 9 hours is a different story... Please advise..

#12 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:16 PM

The restrooms by Guest Relations outside the park ought to be open

#13 User is offline   umanac 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:26 PM

That's awesome... Then I guess I'll be up there watching as much of the Saga as I can fit in before the FP's are handed out... I just hope I have enough laptop batteries :rolleyes:

#14 User is offline   umanac 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:27 PM

What time is everybody else planning on getting there?

#15 User is offline   Pitti-sing 

• Studios Regular

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:39 PM

Last year, the bathrooms were open all night, although we did interfere with the cleaning. :rolleyes: It seems that they power wash the bathrooms, and we were slightly in their way. They requested that anyone that needed to use the bathrooms come over "now", "please" (this is Disney). When I went in there were soapsuds everywhere ~ including the ceilings. B) Which explains why everything is so clean.

And, mostly, if you get there early, everyone is more than willing to remember that you were at your space in line so that you can go to the bathroom, etc. I've always found it to be a really good group.

And, no I'm not awake, and, yes, I'm thrilled that you get to go, and yes, I'm jealous, and if I win the lottery in the next three days, I'll see you Friday. :D

#16 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:50 PM

I'll be working for part of it at least

#17 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:41 PM

Hope, I'm sorry you won't be there. I'm trying to get motivated to come to the park absurdly early to stand in line.... Not sure I can do it. Meditate I must.

POFQ May 16-19

#18 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:59 PM

View PostThe Dark Lord of the Sith, on Jun 2 2009, 01:41 PM, said:

Hope, I'm sorry you won't be there. I'm trying to get motivated to come to the park absurdly early to stand in line.... Not sure I can do it. Meditate I must.

Colin, if I can get to the parks early with 2 kids, you can too. See you there. Don't make me call......George!!

#19 User is offline   Pitti-sing 

• Studios Regular

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:02 PM

You can do it. Just remember not to do the math. (Don't think. Feel.) ;)

#20 User is offline   SkywalkersDad 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:10 PM

We arrived at the Studios this morning at 8AM, and as expected did not try to get a fast pass for Prowse because his line was too long. Instead we got Bulloch 2nd session. I ran into someone later wearing a StudiosCentral t-shirt (she was not a member of the site - she literally just bought the t-shirt!), who said she arrived at 8:15AM and got standby for Bulloch after she attempted to wait in line for Prowse. Of course she was disappointed not get an autograph because she was #115 out of 120 in standby - I think she stood in the Prowse line a little too long! I think someone posted earlier in this thread that 6AM was a good arrival time to get Prowse - that appeared to be a safe bet this morning.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users