Studios Central: Lost child - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lost child

#1 User is offline   emilyrose0507 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:SCA... and Disney, odd mix I know ..

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:17 AM

Hi i have a question for you guys. my family and I are going back to the world in Oct and we will be taking our 2 year old with us again. this time she is much more mobile then she was last year when we took her. I have the idea on making a card with the princess on the front an our info on the back and placing this on a princess lanyard. But I am up for a few more ideas as well. We can not do the shoe ID tag because most of her shoes do not have laces. Any Ideas would be great. Thanks..

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:51 AM

You may be interested in this: http://bigleapgps.com/

The people that run Orlando Stroller Rental use them and it's supposed to be good.

I like the info card to place on her. Have you considered one of those "leashes" that you can attach to her?

#3 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:51 PM

I don't like the idea of a "leash" simply because if a child feels restrained she'll become more inclined to run off and then you have to be pulling on her. I have 2 kids that have grown up in Disney and I never used a leash and they behaved fine. The tag is a good idea, make sure to explain what the tag is for, also as you walk thru the parks point out to her different CM's as to tell her who can help her in an event of getting separated.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:49 PM

I totally agree with you Yulady regarding the leash. I think it looks silly but figured it was worth mentioning.

#5 User is offline   emilyrose0507 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:SCA... and Disney, odd mix I know ..

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:37 PM

View PostQuickGold, on Sep 29 2009, 07:49 PM, said:

I totally agree with you Yulady regarding the leash. I think it looks silly but figured it was worth mentioning.

Well I have a backpack that has a leash on it I hate the ones with the monkeys... Most of the time she is fine with that on but if she gets hot she wants it off. But I am hoping that the tag Idea will work.. i will let you know how it works out and thanks for the ideas..

#6 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:43 AM

While your daughter may find the lanyard annoying and take it off, another option if she doesn't like the lanyard is a trick one of my friends used when her kids were younger. She would pin contact info (face down) in a plastic sheath on her kids' upper back. For the plastic sheath, any sturdy plastic badge holder will work but I would say, the smaller the better since it won't get in the way as much.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#7 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Running, Eating, Laughing, Running, Eating, Laughing

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:47 PM

Just a few thoughts, for what is worth...

when you are walking into the park stop off at the baby care center. It's where they take children when they are lost. This way it's not such a mystery, even at 2 years old it helps to explore a new place.

The tag face down is a fabulous idea. Be sure to have her wear it a few places at home before you come to the parks. That way she'll be used to it. I came across a lost 2 1/2 year old at a Zoo. She had a tag. I had my cell. I called her mom, who was frantic. It was a slick idea.

Finally, while you are walking with her, even a 2 year old can start to do this, practice where to go for help. Practice looking for CM's or other "Mom's w/kids."

Have a great time. I love watching my children "grow at the parks." It makes WDW seem like a new adventure each time.

#8 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:36 PM

Try these! They are temporary tatoos for this very purpose. I think it's brilliant! No worry about lost tags, or her taking it off. Plus because it is a temporary tatoo she'll probably think it's neat and want to do it!

http://store.safetytat.com/store/

#9 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Running, Eating, Laughing, Running, Eating, Laughing

Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:03 PM

View PostIHeartTheStudios, on Oct 2 2009, 08:36 PM, said:

Try these! They are temporary tatoos for this very purpose. I think it's brilliant! No worry about lost tags, or her taking it off. Plus because it is a temporary tatoo she'll probably think it's neat and want to do it!

http://store.safetytat.com/store/

These are brilliant!

#10 User is offline   squishybear 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney!!!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 11:02 AM

As a cast member, I saw kids walking around with the tatoos. Some where kinda faded though which made them hard to make out. I would plan on having one tatoo per day, and applying them in the morning, regardless of whether it looks faded or not. They go off with rubbing, so put in on a place that doesn't have a lot of wear, preferably upper arm but not under the t-shirt sleeves.

#11 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:51 AM

Love the tattoo idea!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users