• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Another SWW autograph question

#1 User is offline   Chrisypoo 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:17 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm surprising my 11 year old DS with a trip for SWW. I've found out the weekend we're going, the actor that played General Grevious were be there. This is one of my son's favorite characters, and I know that he would absolutely love to meet him. However, with the other thread about the crowds, I'm really worried it won't happen.

There's no way we could get there at 5am, but we'll be there before rope drop...is there even any hope that we'd be able to get Fastpasses? I don't want to tell my son if there's really no hope of meeting the actor...he would be so disappointed.

Thanks!
Christine

#2 User is offline   HR421 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Music, Movies, and more!

Posted 01 May 2008 - 10:14 AM

WELCOME! So excited for you and I hope you get to meet him!

I can't say for sure but I think there may be hope for you! If my memory serves me correctly, I think Matt Wood (General Grevious) has been to the SWW for the past two years. Last year's crowds were especially rough because of the 30th anniversery.

I can't remember who posted it but the celebs are super nice and will go out of their way to make sure they meet as many fans as possible. I don't advise you getting there right at park opening time becasue this is a classic case of "the early bird get's the worm"...or in this case the early Ewok get's the autograph! :content:

If all else fails do as I did with Ray Park. Check out the Parade and wave hard! Also if you can get to the Stars of the Saga show a little early they pick a few people for a question and answer segment with the celebs of the week! So if your DS dosn't get to see him in person, at least he'll get to ask a question! I didn't get picked but it's worth a shot! :D

If the Force is with you, you may luck up and see him walking around the park! I walked right past Ray Park! The only thing I could say was "OH MY GOD YOU'RE RAY PARK!" I have never been so embarrassed and excited at the same time! He didn't get to stay and chat or anything because he was on his way to the Stars of the Saga show but it was still really cool that I got to see him. :thumright:

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:29 AM

Welcome to Studios Central Christine!

I would highly recommend you read this blog entry Colin did about getting an autograph: http://sww.studiosce...nning-autograph

I think it will be very useful for you in coming up with a plan to get that autograph and meet the actor :D

#4 User is offline   Chrisypoo 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 01 May 2008 - 07:51 PM

Thank you both for the both the welcome and your informative replies.

The blog had really great info...since we'd only be looking for the one autograph, and I love to plan (more like over plan :lol: ) I'm really hopefull that we'll get to meet Matt Wood.

Thanks again...I really appreciate it! :D

Christine

#5 User is offline   HR421 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Music, Movies, and more!

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:48 PM

Your most welcome! Please let us know and post picks if you get to see him! :wink:

#6 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:57 PM

QuickGold said:

Welcome to Studios Central Christine!

I would highly recommend you read this blog entry Colin did about getting an autograph: http://sww.studiosce...nning-autograph

I think it will be very useful for you in coming up with a plan to get that autograph and meet the actor :lol:

The article states: "For the past several years the line for this has started on the left side of Hollywood Boulevard around the corner from Mickey's of Hollywood. There is a roped off area there where you must make your first decision of the day as to who's autograph you want to get first."
But last year you had to pick the celeb line you wanted to wait on while at the gate, before the park opened.
Will they change from that new format and go back to the previous process?
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#7 User is offline   matthewbritt72 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:56 AM

I doubt they will have any changes from last years lines. The CMs told me that's how they have wanted to do it for years.

As far as getting Matt Wood's autograph, you should be able to get a fastpass, at least a standby, if you're there before 7:00. I usually get there before then, but it's always the same crowd I see out that early. Usually around 7:00 A.M. the lines really start picking up. It also depends on the day of the weekend you try. Some days are easier then others to get in line, so if you don't make it one day, it might be easier the next.

Also the Stars of the Saga is a must see. Chances are good that Matt Wood will use his voice computer and talk or sing like General Grevious during the talk show. He has every time I've seen him in a show. Good luck and I hope you guys enjoy it. :fett:

#8 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 02 May 2008 - 08:23 AM

Good point about Stars of the Saga matthewbritt72....it's a real highlight of SWW.

#9 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 02 May 2008 - 08:23 AM

Matthewbritt72 is correct, 7AM should be fine, especially with it not being Matt Wood's first SWW.

:oops: :frownblue: I did make an error in the blog about the lines. They did have you select your autograph line outside the gate first thing in the morning, along with the Merchandise line. Once the gates opened, they walked the lines down to the area to on the left side of Hollywood Blvd. I apologize for any confussion.
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#10 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 02 May 2008 - 11:05 AM

Correct me if this is wrong: last year myself and 2 kids went to SWW, My son wanted Ray Park's autograph and Daniel Logan's. So he did the line for Parks and I for Logan. At our time all trhee of us went to meet each and they autographed our item. Each of them also got one of their b&w pics. and autographed that as well.
The CM's told us that the FP are for the number of autograph, not the number of people meeting them./ They were kind enough to sign their pics as well. My kids really just wanted to meet the celebrities and get one thing signed.
P.S. I don't know if anyone here knows but they're filming the Disney channel games this week. and some celebs were at DHS on a parade before the 3pm one. on Wed. The were riding on Pontiac convertibles. So this are the vehicle that they might use for the SWW parade as well.

#11 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 02 May 2008 - 02:15 PM

yulilin said:

So this are the vehicle that they might use for the SWW parade as well.
I think you're right. They did something similar for ESPN the Weekend

#12 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 02 May 2008 - 11:04 PM

matthewbritt72 said:

Also the Stars of the Saga is a must see.

Not only is it a must see, but just because you saw it once doesn't mean you shouldn't see it again. We went each day. At first I was thinking it would just be the same. But it wasn't. They talked about different things and it was very entertaining. And of course the Stormtroppers were a BIG hit. We loved them. :(
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#13 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 02 May 2008 - 11:28 PM

Yeah I only attended ONE day in all of SWW last year. I know. I did see the Stars of the Saga, and the Stormtroopers had me in tears. :mrgreen:

#14 User is offline   DarthTaiter79 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Mandalorians! Art, Star Wars, biking/hiking/walking, Tae-Bo/Tae-Kwon-Do

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:13 AM

Great to find this site! I'm attending SWW for the first time this June, for the first weekend. I am a major Boba Fett fan, and am looking forward to meeting Jeremy Bulloch and Daniel Logan...?

I already knew I would need to be in line VERY early, but my question is, do you have to make a choice as to who to meet (as in pick one or the other)? And, would you have to have two park passes if you wanted to try to meet the other celeb the next day? I don't get to get out to things like this too often, however, I did just meet and get a booksigned by Troy Denning last Thursday (and I see he's going to be at SWW1 too)!

From what I've read so far, I might be able to get my husband to wait in line for one while my daughter and I wait in another, but I'm not sure how she would handle the long wait, and for that matter, my husband. As long as I get *one*, I'll be happy--heck, with all the SW stuff around, I'll be in heaven! lol The wait won't be much of a problem for me as I've been in lines for midnight SW movie showings and booksignings--talking with fellow fans around me sure passes the time! I think the FP idea is great--come back at a certain time and go enjoy other things.

I'm planning on attending this on Friday or Sunday, as I'm expecting Saturday to possibly the most croweded--is that pretty much what others have expected? I'm staying for 5 nights and hitting the 4 major parks, so I'm not really going to be rushed, and we'll have time later on in the day to get to a few more of the non-SW attractions.

Thanks everyone!

#15 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:16 AM

Welcome to Studios Central DarthTaiter79!

I believe you choose a line for a particular celeb when you arrive early before the park opens.

I would think Saturday will be the busiest day of the weekend also (lots more locals).

Since you're coming to Weekend 1, i'd like to invite you and your family to join us for a special private dinner during SWW in the park! Go here for more details and let me know if you have any questions: http://sww.studioscentral.com/main/content...1-now-available

#16 User is offline   DarthTaiter79 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Mandalorians! Art, Star Wars, biking/hiking/walking, Tae-Bo/Tae-Kwon-Do

Posted 22 May 2008 - 12:03 PM

I don't think I'll be able to make it to the dinner, though I wish I could--thank you very much for the invite! And the menu looks absolutely wonderful!

It's looking like I'll be there for the SWW on that Sunday though. As the same events go on all three days, I'm hoping to catch smaller crowds on the Sunday. Sunday will also be our last night staying at the hotel, so that seems to be a nice way to wrap up the whole thing :D

If I gotta chose: Jeremy Bulloch, the original Fett himself 8) I wasn't able to see him at C3, and my mom got to see him at a much smaller convention years ago, so I have to take the opportunity!

Thanks for the tips/advice!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users