Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dinner at Portobello Yacht Club

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:53 PM

I had dinner at Portobello Yacht Club and wanted to share my experiences. This was my first time at Portobello and I had no idea what to expect. We arrived about 25 minutes early for our ADR, but were seated after about 3 or 5 minutes of waiting. Unfortunately, our waiter didn't appear until about 10-15 minutes later :notamused:

For dinner, I ordered a margherita pizza to share with my wife and a cup of minestrone soup to go with my filet mignon. My wife had Farfalle with Chicken, which is strips of chicken with bowtie pasta.

The pizza came first and it was average. It was a very small thin crust pizza and took about 3 to 4 bites to finish a slice. There wasn't anything special to it and at about $10, it was not worth it at all.

I was a little worried at this point that this place would be a bust after the poor wait service and pizza. However, the minestrone soup was delicious! It had such a nice and interesting flavor to it that I was sad when it was gone. At only $4.95, it was a much better value than the pizza.

I ordered my filet mignon medium rare (per the chef's recommendation) and it came covered in sauteed mushrooms and was fantastic. This steak also cost $40 but I can safely say it was worth it, as the steak was juicy and very tender. I understand $40 for a steak is pricey but it was honestly worth it as I can say it was one of the top 5 or so steaks I've ever had.

My wife's dish was also very good and she really liked the pasta and the sauce it came in (a parmesan cheese sauce) and it was a large serving (so much so we took leftovers home).

Overall, Portobello was good. It's pricey and the atmosphere is not much better than an Olive Garden (if that). There's really nothing Disney about this place (as you might expect since it is not a Disney owned restaurant). They do offer a 10% discount to AP holders for dinner and 20% off for lunch. If you are looking for a nice dinner out, this could be a good option although I can think of some other restaurants I'd eat at before I'd eat here. On a personal note, I despise non-Disney owned restaurants because regardless of the food they may serve, they never can match the atmosphere of a real Disney restaurant nor does it feel like I'm in WDW (if that makes sense). Again, it was good but expensive and be sure to stay away from the pizza.

#2 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:10 PM

any comparison to Olive garbage can't be good

and I never order pizza at Disney. I just had Pizza Planet pizza. Yeesh
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:13 PM

I agree about the pizza. We got it as it was an appetizer and something for us to split. The restaurant has no character to it really...makes Maya Grill feel like Ohanas

#4 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:05 PM

Thanks for the review Matt.

I stopped in the Portobello Yacht Club during Mousefest and sat at the bar for a while. The bar offers the full menu and the service was top notch. The bartenders gave our group very personalized service.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users