• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Disney to Launch New Check In Option

#1 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:54 PM

From Walt Disney World Resorts-

Disney’s Online Check-In service enables Guests to simplify their arrival by allowing them to go online and provide information related to their upcoming stay. On a Guest’s scheduled arrival date, they may experience a streamlined check-in at select Resort hotels or Disney Vacation Club resorts. A welcome folder with their Key to the World Card will be waiting at a designated Disney’s Online Check-In area in the resort hotel lobby. Guests may check-in online beginning 10 days prior to their arrival date.

This service launches in January, 2009.

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:59 PM

All I can say is, it's about time!

#3 User is offline   Hºoºwie 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Family, WDW

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:25 PM

personally i like it the way it is even if one has to wait a bit at checkin; it is more magical interacting with the front desk CMs and how else could one schmooze their way into an upgrade and/or the room of their choice? :lol:

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:19 PM

Hºoºwie said:

personally i like it the way it is even if one has to wait a bit at checkin; it is more magical interacting with the front desk CMs and how else could one schmooze their way into an upgrade and/or the room of their choice? :lol:
I agree, however, that issue was lost on me when I'd arrive very late at night and I just want to go to my room. Or if I wanted to check-in and there was a crazy long line.

#5 User is offline   DisneySchoe 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney!

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:35 PM

This is great news! :lol:

#6 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:39 AM

Finally! Maybe now we can avoid 30 minute check-ins at the resorts.

#7 User is offline   MickeyMaz 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:07 PM

Anyone hear anything new on this now that it is 2009?

#8 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:05 PM

we are going to out DVC on Jan 10 and checked a couple of days ago. The service was still not operational

Plus, we have a larger group and occupy 3 studios. we want to be close together and have requested same. I don't know how requests like that would work
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#9 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:53 PM

MJMcBride said:

we are going to out DVC on Jan 10 and checked a couple of days ago. The service was still not operational

Plus, we have a larger group and occupy 3 studios. we want to be close together and have requested same. I don't know how requests like that would work

Yea...I'm not sure how special requests will be handled. I guess you would do the online check-in and then when you got to the resort you'd have to check with the front desk if your request wasn't granted. That would defeat the whole purpose of by-passing the front desk.

#10 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:59 PM

ADP said:

MJMcBride said:

Yea...I'm not sure how special requests will be handled. I guess you would do the online check-in and then when you got to the resort you'd have to check with the front desk if your request wasn't granted. That would defeat the whole purpose of by-passing the front desk.

exactly. perhaps on our next trip we will have a better handle on this
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#11 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:04 PM

I think most resort gusts don't have special requests. It's rare I hear of one form the people in front of us in line. Most of them are concerned about the "Standard" or "Water" views.

Please read my blog, The World by Day
Follow me on Twitter! YoPaulieNJ

#12 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:07 AM

My freinds & I decided to not use it this trip since it's so new and we are one of the "special request" groups. I think special requests are more common than most people think. I know a friend has to request a first floor at OKW because most of the buildings don't have elevators and he can't walk stairs. Any group booking more than one room would typically want rooms in close proximity to each other. My friends and I book a 2 BR suite and a studio at OKW and always request that they be close to each other because we only use the studio for sleeping and use the living areas in the 2 BR for breakfast, etc. Having the 2 rooms on opposite ends of the resort would make gathering at the 2BR for breakfast a half day event.... :P
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#13 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Running, Eating, Laughing, Running, Eating, Laughing

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:07 PM

Your thoughts:

We will be arriving very late at night, 12am, via magical express. Do you think it is worth it to try the new service? Will the check-in desk be busy at that hour? Will there be a lot of other travelers on the Magical Express at that hour?

Kristen

#14 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:29 PM

MaxiBarns said:

Your thoughts:

We will be arriving very late at night, 12am, via magical express. Do you think it is worth it to try the new service? Will the check-in desk be busy at that hour? Will there be a lot of other travelers on the Magical Express at that hour?

Kristen

I've arrived late at Wilderness Lodge, All Music and Saratoga Springs. Each time, lcheck in dead. The only thing I would like to warn you against is coming in so late and having magical express. You still need to wait for your luggage to arrive. I was told that they have fewer people working so that slows things down. After checking in at the Wilderness Lodge at midnight, we were tired but waited for our bags. At around 1am we took a walk around and our bags were sitting in front of the building. We took them ourselves and told the front desk.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#15 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Star Wars, Disney, Pixar

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:04 AM

Do we know which resorts will offer this? I'm arriving in Orlando around 6:30, so I figure to be at Pop around 8:00 or so with DME. It might be nice just to head straight to my room, grab some dinner and unwind before starting off the next day.

#16 User is offline   Eric 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:36 AM

Sleepless Knight said:

Do we know which resorts will offer this? I'm arriving in Orlando around 6:30, so I figure to be at Pop around 8:00 or so with DME. It might be nice just to head straight to my room, grab some dinner and unwind before starting off the next day.

My understanding is that it will be for all Disney resorts.
Eric
www.MouseGuest.com

"Universal is like Wal-Mart with roller coasters."
- Buzz Ardman to Paige Turner, 11/1/08

#17 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Running, Eating, Laughing, Running, Eating, Laughing

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:12 PM

queenofthehouse said:

MaxiBarns said:

Your thoughts:

Kristen

I've arrived late at Wilderness Lodge, All Music and Saratoga Springs. Each time, lcheck in dead. The only thing I would like to warn you against is coming in so late and having magical express. You still need to wait for your luggage to arrive. I was told that they have fewer people working so that slows things down. After checking in at the Wilderness Lodge at midnight, we were tired but waited for our bags. At around 1am we took a walk around and our bags were sitting in front of the building. We took them ourselves and told the front desk.

Thanks for the info QueenoftheHouse. Maybe we will do the "new style check-in" and grab our own bags...can you grab them @ the airport and bring them on ME? Oh, how I wish I had my rental car, but we said we will try new things this trip, so here we go...

I'll have to report back w/our thoughts on the new check-in done late at night.

Kristen

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users