• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SWW #1 TR (Epcot and AK days)

#1 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 May 2006 - 12:51 PM

Day 3: Sunday May 21

We had originally planned to do AK today but since DS was adamant about not riding E:E we figured we'd do Epcot instead and avoid the weekend crowds at AK.

We went to breakfast at the food court and of course it was packed even though it was already about 10am. Of course, we had to stop to visit our duck friends again...they seemed to become one of the highlights of our trip! We decided to take the bus today and had no problems at all, hardly any waits...maybe 5 minutes at most.

When we got to Epcot, we went to the Living Seas to try and see Crush....saw the line wrapped all over the first floor of the building and we said forget it! So we walked around a little to see the other fish then headed to Imagination. No wait there at all.

We walked around the roses for a while and went to Tinkerbell's Garden. It was cute and the kids got a chance to just play for a while.

After that we headed to Mexico. The kids got to be in a Mariachi band for the first time and really enjoyed that.

The quick trip through Norway and Germany. After that we took the boat back to Future World and headed to the Butterfly Garden. DS got to hold a butterfly on his finger. Quick trip for DS up the Space Net while DD and I checked out the TT situation. FastPasses were far too late for us and the standby was too long.

Since we had seen pamphlets all over about the new "less intense" M:S, I decided to give it a try with DS. There were no waits for M:S at all...for either version. They didn't even have FP running for it. (Lead me to believe that's more the reason why they now offer two versions...they need to get more people on the ride) At the entrance CM's ask you which version you want to ride. Then they give you a color coded ticket Green- Less Intense, Orange-More Intense. At the end of the line they collect the tickets. You go through the same "preshow" and everything else about the ride is pretty much the same. The only difference is that you don't get the feeling of weightlessness (or the headache/wooziness afterwards!) It's still a motion simulator ride, the vehicle still tilts all the way back, bounces around etc. It's like Star Tours but better. DS and I really enjoyed this version better and it's still thrilling even if it is "less intense".

At that point we had to start heading out. It was 4 PM and we had ADR's for Raglan Road at 6. Quick stop on Spaceship Earth and we headed back to the resort.

After watching some classic Disney cartoons in the room for a little while....I always love Lambert!...we headed to the boat to DTD. Nice relaxing ride from POR to DTD. We saw SSR and it looked huge! (Very pretty but very spread out, I still wouldn't mind staying there someday though ) The captain stated that phase 3 should be done in August. We were planning on meeting up with friends from Mouseowners.com after dinner.

We were running a little late so we went directly to Raglan Road. No need to hurry, it was pretty empty at 6 PM. We sat down, ordered and waited and waited, DD was beginning to melt down a bit. We waited some more. Finally dinner came! That's when we saw the server bring a bread basket to the other table. DH and I looked at each other b/c it would have made the wait a little less long for the kids if they had something to snack on. The food was good from what I was able to eat. By the time it got there, DD was in full blown monster-mode and I had to take her outside. After about 10 minutes I came back in and sat down.

I look over to the bar and think Hmm that couple looks familiar! I tell DH that it looks like my friend from the other board and he tells me to call her cell and see if she answers. Since DD was being a terror, I was little embarrassed to call LOL But I finally gave her a call and sure enough the woman at the bar answers her cell. It was her.

After meeting up for a few minutes we all went over to the Adventurers Club. Rozzie said they had never been and we hadn't been there in a long time (pre-kids!). I was a little nervous bringing the kids in but they loved it! (Even though DS was insisting it was going to be boring! ) The "members" gave DS alot of attention and he became quite famous in the club LOL. Rozzie and I had a few Kungalooshes. We all became official AC members, learned the salute and DS has been saying Kungaloosh to everyone he sees...even DD was saying "Kaloosh"!

We all really enjoyed meeting and hanging out with Rozzie and Mr Rozzie (esp DS!) and look forward to doing it again! But it was getting late and the kids were starting to get sleepy so we headed back.

#2 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 27 May 2006 - 12:54 PM

Day 4: Last Day

Of course we always sleep late on check out day, it just never fails! Then we get all rushed trying to pack, get ready and out the door.

We say goodbye to the room...which is a long process in itself for my kids LOL, pack up the rental car and head for breakfast. DH passes a guy wearing "his" hat that was lost on Saturday and since it was a pretty old Mickey hat that they don't sell anymore, we had a little fun thinking the guy stole it. Say goodbye to our duck friends and go eat.

We decided to head over to AK even though DS was still not going to ride E:E. We decided if he didn't want to ride it, DH and I still did and we would do baby swap. After parking in no man's land, we finally get to the gates.

While DH is going through security with the backpack, DS, DD and myself found the talking Palm tree rolling around (who soundly suspiciously like Pipa the garbage can ) DS loves all these talking inanimate objects! So he runs over, the Palm Tree said "Hello Sean!" He was shocked, the Palm tree knew him! (DS wasn't too quick that morning...he had his guest of honor badge on! ) Then he told DS "I see your a Disney Vacation Club Member! (DS was wearing his DVC red baseball hat) Do you know the secret handshake??" Once again Mom sees where this is headed....DS runs over and urgently asks me "what's the handshake??!!" I tell him I don't think there really is one and the tree was just kidding him. Not good enough for DS! So I promised him I would ask at Mouseowners.com (a website for DVC members and people interested in finding out more :jedi: ) if anyone knew the secret DVC handshake so he'll know it for the next time!
(As if it wasn't bad enough that he is now doing the "secret" Adventurers Club salute all over!)

Finally DH gets through the security line. AK was packed! We took the Dinoland path to E:E for FastPasses, which may not have been much quicker but it was certainly much less crowded! I got our 3 FP's (1 for me, 1 for DH and 1 for DS...just in case!)....the set up in that area is pretty bad. The whole area is very congested, the stand-by line was going through the FP distribution area, it didn't seem like there was much organization in the whole area. Surprisingly, our FP's were for only about 1 1/2 hour later.

We went over to Dinoland since DS has been wanting to go on Primevil Whirl for the past 4-5 trips but was always too short. (Last time in October, he was about 1/2 inch too short) This time he towered over the height stick so on we went! (DH tends to avoid any ride that spins) DS loved it and wanted to go on again...and again....

We all went on Tricertop Spin for DD so she could ride something! Then we headed to Kali River Rapids (another of DS's faves). The stand-by was 40 minutes and FP's were after we were scheduled to leave. So DH and DS waited on the line while I took DD to see the tigers and bats. (She loves "kitties") While we were waiting, I bought a pretzel and frozen lemonade for us girls. I found a nice quiet spot...not easy with the crowds!...and we sat and ate. About 2 minutes later, a pair of ducks came out of the bushes and wouldn't leave us alone! They were so cute! Except when the male kept trying to jump into the stroller with DD to steal her part of the pretzel They stayed with us for about 20 minutes, just hanging out and waiting for a snack. Very cool for an animal lover like me

DH and DS finally come off the ride and DS says to me very serious, "Mommy, I'll go on Everest with you. I don't want you to go alone!" After making sure he was really ok with going on, we headed to E:E! I think he was less scared after talking to Rozzie and her DH the night before. He told them he went on M:S and Mr Rozzie said he doesn't ride that but they both love E:E! (now I'll have to have them talk to him about eating his fruits and veggies!)

We got a child swap pass for DH (just in case DS wanted to ride again!) And we practically walked right on. (Stand-by was about 60 minutes) They also have a single rider line that was very short. I thought it was a great ride!! A little too short but overall it was fun!

As soon as we get off, DS jumps off and starts screaming "That was the best ride ever!!! That's one of my new "favoritist!" and he goes running for Daddy. So they use the child swap pass, DS comes running off and wants to do it again! We had no more FP's so he had to wait for November when we go back.

Headed back to Primevil Whirl b/c DS wanted to go on that again. By the time they got off, we were done with AK for the day. It was way too crowded for us. (We're used to much lower crowd levels when we go) So we decided to head to DTD to rent a pontoon boat.

Then it was time to head for the airport and home. I won't go into details again, but thanks to DD, everyone on board the airplane had a "flight from H***" (And several passengers made sure I knew that!) It took me about a day and a half to finally decompress and destress just from the flight! I think writing these reports were like therapy NOW I remember there were alot of good things about our trip

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 28 May 2006 - 09:08 AM

Sorry to hear about the flight back but at least the rest of your trip sounded like you had a great time down there. Next year you should fly out of Hartford :salut: Thanks for posting!

#4 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 28 May 2006 - 10:14 AM

QuickGold said:

Sorry to hear about the flight back but at least the rest of your trip sounded like you had a great time down there. Next year you should fly out of Hartford :salut: Thanks for posting!

Hartford??? That's a little far LOL That would require passing our locale airport 10 minutes away and going past LGA! She'd really be a monster after the car ride and then a plane ride ;)

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 28 May 2006 - 06:31 PM

Figaro said:

QuickGold said:

Hartford??? That's a little far LOL That would require passing our locale airport 10 minutes away and going past LGA! She'd really be a monster after the car ride and then a plane ride ;)
Isn't a MGMStudios.Org Mile-high- meet at 30,000 feet worth it? ;)

#6 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 28 May 2006 - 06:43 PM

LOL Matt! You know, as we were driving into Queens today to visit in-laws, DD was getting cranky. I started thinking....hmmm....next trip I drop DH and the kids off at our airport and continue onto Hartford myself! I might finally get a relaxing flight (although DH would probably divorce me!) :salut:

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 29 May 2006 - 10:12 AM

Figaro said:

I might finally get a relaxing flight (although DH would probably divorce me!) :salut:
;) If I didn't hate LGA so much I'd consider moving it there but I don't think I need to tell you the problems that airport has.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users