Studios Central: Studios Sit-Down Restaurant Pricing - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Studios Sit-Down Restaurant Pricing

#1 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:29 AM

Listening to the most recent WDWToday listener questions podcast, Len mentioned he thought the Studios had the cheapest sit-down restaurant pricing of the 4 theme parks. I thought it would be a good idea to discuss if this is true. I agree with Matt's thoughts that restaurant refurbishments have something to do with this theory. For instance, Tutto Italia in EPCOT was reopened with much more expensive pricing. The Studios sit-down restaurants have not seen these extensive types of refurbishments in a while.

So, is it true the Studios sit-down restaurants are the cheapest of the 4 theme parks? I haven't compared menus yet, but I think Len's thoughts maybe true.

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:48 AM

If you look at all of the latest restaurants to be rehabbed (rehab meaning it's been closed and reopened with new menu) the prices always go up from what they were (Kouzzina, Tutto Italia, etc). Basically, as soon as a restaurant closes to be re-themed, it will reopen with average price going up.

#3 User is offline   crazydisneyman 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:50 AM

View PostADP, on Jan 20 2010, 09:29 AM, said:

Listening to the most recent WDWToday listener questions podcast, Len mentioned he thought the Studios had the cheapest sit-down restaurant pricing of the 4 theme parks. I thought it would be a good idea to discuss if this is true. I agree with Matt's thoughts that restaurant refurbishments have something to do with this theory. For instance, Tutto Italia in EPCOT was reopened with much more expensive pricing. The Studios sit-down restaurants have not seen these extensive types of refurbishments in a while.

So, is it true the Studios sit-down restaurants are the cheapest of the 4 theme parks? I haven't compared menus yet, but I think Len's thoughts maybe true.

Well let's look at this:

Studios
50's Prime Time Cafe
Hollywood and Vine
Hollywood Brown Derby
Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano
Sci Fi Dine-In Theater

Magic Kingdom
Cinderella's Royal Table
Crystal Palace
Liberty Tree Tavern
Tony's Town Square Restaurant

Epcot
Coral Reef Restaurant
Garden Grill

Biergarten
Bistro de Paris
Chefs de France
Le Cellier Steakhouse
Nine Dragons Restaurant
Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
Restaurant Marrakesh
Rose and Crown Pub and Dining Room
San Angel Inn
Teppan Edo
Tokyo Dining
Tutto Italia Ristorante

Animal Kingdom
Anandapur Yak and Yeti Restaurant
Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House
Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom
Tusker House Restaurant

I would say that Studios and Animal Kingdom are pretty close in affordability. It all comes down to the quality of the food and whether there are characters involved. I believe that you will pay more for quality of the food and the experience. Studios has one character meal as does Animal Kingdom. The quality goes up at Epcot, but the Magic Kingdom quality is probably the same as Studios and Animal Kingdom. They can get away with that cause its the Magic Kingdom, I guess.

Studios has SciFi which is a step above quick service, and that gives you value for a sit down type of restaurant. I would say the food is the same as the Commissary though. This probably gives Studios an edge over Animal Kingdom.

No matter where you go you will pay a higher price for food in one of the parks. What do you think?

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:57 AM

View Postcrazydisneyman, on Jan 20 2010, 11:50 AM, said:

No matter where you go you will pay a higher price for food in one of the parks. What do you think?

Agreed. Resort restaurants are generally cheaper. Look no further than Trails End, Sandtrap Grill, Turf Club, Captain's Grill or Olivias for examples of that.

Going back to your other thoughts , the Magic Kingdom has the worst food (sit down or counter service) of any of the parks. Not a lot of variety and nothing truly special. Epcot is so hit or miss because for every Teppan Edo and Le Cellier, you have a Nine Dragons or San Angel Inn. I'd agree that the quality of food at sit downs in Epcot is the standard for theme park food.

As for Animal Kingdom, there's a mix of mediocre and good but I think overall the Studios sit downs edge Animal Kingdom in terms of quality and value.

#5 User is offline   IlluminatEpcot 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:53 AM

Trails End has always had some of the best eats, even though its a buffet. I have some family members who frequent Ft Wilderness and they always go there atleast once. I did notice while planning for my trip that some of the prices were a bit high, I mean I understand the whole captive audience thing, but I guess one would expect, especially at Disney, that you get what you pay for, even when it comes to food.
Next Trip - Epic October -- 9/27 to 10/3
Staying at Pop Century
Previous Trips: March 2010, 2011
1999: June, Aug, Oct, Dec
2000: April, Oct, Dec

Webmaster of Illuminating Epcot

#6 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:18 PM

I find Mama Melrose to be one of my favorite restaurants on property. It's a much, much better value than Tutto Italia. $25 for a plate of Spaghetti and meatballs at Tutto Italia is outrageous.

#7 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:25 PM

View PostQuickGold, on Jan 20 2010, 11:57 AM, said:

Going back to your other thoughts , the Magic Kingdom has the worst food (sit down or counter service) of any of the parks.

I would respectfully disagree with you. I find that the Studios gets the award for worst counter service

Epcot is so hit or miss because for every Teppan Edo and Le Cellier, you have a Nine Dragons or San Angel Inn.

Agreed (though I like San Angel Inn). There is also a wide wide variety. To me, dinner at the World Showcase is almost an attraction onto itself

As for Animal Kingdom, there's a mix of mediocre and good but I think overall the Studios sit downs edge Animal Kingdom in terms of quality and value.

I think I have to disagree here too. The Brown Derby is top notch but very expensive. After that the Tusker House and Yak & Yeti are much better that DHS sit downs (other than the vast over priced but very good Brown Derby and maybe Mama Melrose comes close) DHS has more options. Plus, CS at the Animal Kingdom is actually quite good. I find Pizzafari and Flame Tree far better than the DHS option
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#8 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:26 PM

View PostADP, on Jan 21 2010, 12:18 PM, said:

I find Mama Melrose to be one of my favorite restaurants on property. It's a much, much better value than Tutto Italia. $25 for a plate of Spaghetti and meatballs at Tutto Italia is outrageous.

I agree that the price difference is huge but Tutto Italia has better food. Try the eggplant appetizer. There is nothing on Mama Melrose's menu that can compare to it. However, its I think $18 which is ridiculous
JAMBO EVERYONE!

#9 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:59 PM

View PostMJMcBride, on Jan 21 2010, 08:26 PM, said:

I agree that the price difference is huge but Tutto Italia has better food. Try the eggplant appetizer. There is nothing on Mama Melrose's menu that can compare to it. However, its I think $18 which is ridiculous

When people who live near me ask me where they should eat at WDW my first question to them is "are you on the dining plan?". If they are then I tell them to book an ADR at Tutto Italia. The food is very good, but the prices are outrageous. You get the best bang for your buck if you eat at Tutto Italia while on the dining plan since it is 1 sit down credit.

#10 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:53 AM

View PostMJMcBride, on Jan 21 2010, 08:25 PM, said:

I think I have to disagree here too. The Brown Derby is top notch but very expensive. After that the Tusker House and Yak & Yeti are much better that DHS sit downs (other than the vast over priced but very good Brown Derby and maybe Mama Melrose comes close) DHS has more options. Plus, CS at the Animal Kingdom is actually quite good. I find Pizzafari and Flame Tree far better than the DHS option

First, Yak and Yeti is a glorified Panda Express. High prices and nothing special. Tusker House is fantastic, but the rest are nothing to write home about. Honestly, after Tusker House, the rest of the dining at AK leaves a lot to be desired and I'd much rather eat at Prime Time or Mama Melrose over any of the other options at AK.

#11 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:26 PM

View PostQuickGold, on Jan 22 2010, 11:53 AM, said:

First, Yak and Yeti is a glorified Panda Express. High prices and nothing special.

The counter service to me is awful, but I disagree with you if you are referring to inside.
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users