• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shedule Change

#1 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:03 PM

Kind of funny with the timing of Matt's article about current Disney Schedules and this, but this Friday the park will now be open 9am-8pm, adding an hour to the planned time, plus it will have an 8:30 Fantasmic

#2 User is offline   chopsva 

• Studios Regular

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:15 PM

I guess Disney is thinking ( and I agree ) that people would be much less upset if they post a schedule with an early close and then if whatever tea leaves they are reading say that the park can sustain a later time then stay open later. This was happening for both my visits this summer (6/19-6/26 & 8/10-8/14) the parks were open much more than I had been expecting which was a pleasant surprise :) . If the hours and show schedule had gone the other way...... :angry:

As for staying open for people to eat (thus $$$) in the park, it would be interesting to know what the cost overhead is for the resturants in the parks vs. the resorts. Lots of people actually have "free" dining so these people who would be eating at the park may actually be more $$ loss at the park for Disney unless they buy more than the plan provides.

Just my ramblings... ;)

#3 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:13 AM

The extended hours and added Fantasmic are because it is the first Halloween party at the Magic Kingdom. The fact that it is the first party and that it is so early means it will probably take a lot of people by suprise which generally means angry Guests. They decided they needed another option, besides Epcot, to be able to direct people to.

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:36 PM

Thanks darthstitch, I've update the site with this change. And thank you IHeartTheStudios for the explanation :angry:

#5 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:48 PM

Your welcome. I wouldn't be suprised if you see more of these added Fantasmics. Somebody finally realized just how many Halloween parties there are and that on those nights people's only alternative was Illuminations.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users