• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Who Ya Gonna Call? Maybe Disney...

#1 User is offline   Nick Poppageorgio 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:MacGyver, Evil Dead, MGM, Disney, theme parks, IJ,Ghostbusters

Posted 08 November 2008 - 07:37 PM

I'll admit I am an avid Ghostbusters fan. I always revered USF's old GB show. As expected I was sad to see it go. That was about 12 years ago.

Fast forward to today. The new Ghostbusters game has been pushed back to next year, the 25th anniversary of Ghostbusters. Sony Pictures is finally embracing the franchise. Well, I was perusing the pages of Proton Charging, a fan site (a darn good one) and saw Sony's latest statement:

To recognize this special milestone, Sony Pictures Consumer Products Inc has licensed the property for several new products to commemorate the anniversary, including: video games, toys, t-shirts, comic books, prop replicas, and a theme park attraction.

Wow, they're really going all out. I mean who would've thought the repli- A THEME PARK ATTRACTION!!?!?!?!?!
I rubbed my eyes and read it and reread it, salivating with each pass. Now this is purely spitballing, but Universal let the GB license stagnate. Could the Mouse be carrying a proton pack soon?

#2 User is offline   Nick Poppageorgio 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:MacGyver, Evil Dead, MGM, Disney, theme parks, IJ,Ghostbusters

Posted 08 November 2008 - 07:44 PM

And just like that, our hopes go down like the Hindenburg.

I did some basic research and found Ghostbusters among Universal's copyrights. Apparently they renewed them in 2007.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users