Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

my Stitch attraction

#1 User is offline   photoscott7 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 July 2009 - 02:32 PM

While listening to the recent WDW Today episode "A Stitch in Time," and idea popped into my head on how to make Stitch "work" in a ride.

Last year, I downloaded "Pokemon Snap" on the Wii. I had never played it before. In it, you travel slowly through a variety of environments, trying to capture pictures of rare Pokemon. It's almost a virtual dark ride on a virtual omnimover.

So my proposed Stitch ride would borrow from this completely. Make a dark ride that includes some cool environments (Hawaii, outer space). Screens hidden throughout the attraction would allow for Stitch to pop out and "be seen." Guests would have to keep a keen eye out to see Stitch in each environment. Variations on the ride could include different aliens - like "can you spot this rare creature?"

The omnimover would need some kind of attachment to it a la Buzz Lightyear (Disneyland version). I'm not sure how you could "capture" the aliens - if a camera type device would work, or if something else would have to be created.

I think it would allow Stitch to be mischievous, cute, fun, and most importantly - small. His locations would vary from ride to ride, making it a different ride every time. A storyline could be that you're training to be a CIA agent hunting for aliens in a virtual environment.

Whew! That all sounds crazy to me, even as I typed it. But what do you think?

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 03 July 2009 - 03:25 PM

You certainly have an unique idea there that I haven't heard before. The only issue I have with it is re-rideability. It seems these days that is big for Disney and I suppose there could be some variations on where Stitch is so that could work.

#3 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 04 July 2009 - 07:23 AM

Sure, if it's virtual (like TSM), not only could the location Stitch shows up at vary, even the scenes could be varied ride to ride. It could even be programmed (like TSM) to maybe be more challenging as the skill set of the rider increases. While not inexpensive to program, it would be very, very cool!!!! Ok, if any Imagineers are reading, I think you should team with photoscott7 to refine the concept & pitch to the Imagineer suits!!!!!
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#4 User is offline   TheInfrequentVisitor 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney, Music, Movies

Posted 04 July 2009 - 08:45 AM

That sounds cool and a lot better than any of the Stitch attractions they've come out with so far.

#5 User is offline   photoscott7 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:16 AM

HDLady has a good sense of what I'd like to occur. It would be a "game," so the re-rideability would be how you could top yourself, what can you spot this time, etc. I don't know if it would be a very challenging game - but at least Stitch could regain some of his good name back.

#6 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 05 July 2009 - 03:11 AM

Actually it sounds a little like the new Monsters Inc. ride they've recently opened up at TDL--it's apparently a dark ride that you go through with flashlights, playing a sort of "hide and seek" with various monsters and Boo.

#7 User is offline   photoscott7 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:24 AM

I'm stunned! I just watched the video and it IS pretty similar. Although I'm not too sure what the flashlights do, exactly.

Thanks Jeanine!

#8 User is offline   squishybear 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney!!!

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:31 PM

As far as I know, the flashlights just make things kinda pop.
They don't really serve for any purpose. It more to keep guests entertained throughout the ride.
I do really like your idea photoscott7.
Since TSM is so popular, perhaps Disney will put something like this in. However, the building housing SGE is not large enough to hold such a ride. They would need to find another location for it.
I still think it would be a great idea though

#9 User is offline   chopsva 

• Studios Regular

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:22 PM

The game idea mentioned above could work.
Another twist could be to have the guest on the same side as Stitch against either Dr. Hamsterviel and some reprogrammed experiments or help Stitch save Lilo from Leory (Lilo & Stitch 3) These story lines could add some conflict and suspense without scaring the @$%^$%^ out of kids.

Also, I know someone mentioned this before, but Stitch could be a good replacement for Mushu (sp) at the animation thing. Any comments?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users