Studios Central: Guess what I got through the post today?? - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Guess what I got through the post today??

#1 User is offline   bellhopstewie 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:27 AM

Hey guys, first post in a while really :)

A Disney Halloween advertisement, and not only Halloween, Christmas too! Why are all the companies putting out their Christmas stuff already? I mean, they're selling advent calendars at M&S (shop in the UK) and chocolate reindeer at Alliance (a local shop for Guernsey people :D )

"At Disneyland Paris, as the year draws to an end the magic is just beginning!" with a picture of Santa an Capt'n Hook

3rd October to 1st November 2009 is the Halloween getup, and from 8th November 2009 to 6th January 2010 is the Christmas spectacle.

Now, is it just me, or does advertising Christmas breaks in September seem a little over the top? Well, I 'spose it's so we can book in advance

If you want me too, I can also post a picture of the leaflet *checks if scanner is working*

Merry Christmas
Oli
Livin' the Disney dream in Guernsey!

Twitteriffic! Follow me here!

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:21 AM

It's all about money and Christmas is a cash cow.

#3 User is offline   chopsva 

• Studios Regular

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:02 PM

I think it's a good move to move the start of the CMas setup to earlier in NOV. The F&W Fest is over, Halloween is over, and you are in a dead time. Not everything is starting early, specials like Candlelight Proc. etc. start later.

Could this be a labor saving thing, since didn't they used to take TurkeyDay eve and throw all the decorations up overnight? If they have the month of NOV available to be decked out they could spread the work out over a longer time (ie Regular Time vs. Overtime)

As far as thinking about CMas this early, I have to start looking at and listening to CMas music in August!

#4 User is offline   surfpark 

• Studios God

Posted 24 September 2009 - 01:05 PM

Well considering how much in advance Disney requires people to plan, I don't know if a print advertisement is out of line. Let's say you wanted to have a meal at a sit-down restaurant on Dec. 24. Would that be possible if you booked it today?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users