Studios Central: What time does the SWW FastPass/Sig line start this year? - Studios Central

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What time does the SWW FastPass/Sig line start this year?

#1 User is offline   davidcmatt 

  • Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 08-February 08

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:22 AM

My 6 year old REALLY wanted get Anthony Daniel's autograph last year
and I missed the first two fast pass cutoffs by a few people. To make a
long story short, I got to the gate at about 11:30pm the night before
(before Linda) and got to spend the night with a bunch of wonderful
Star Wars Weekend Warriors.

I would like to know how they are working the FastPass line this year.
I don't care about being the 1st in line (Linda can have that honor), but
I do want to make sure my son gets his autographs.

Is anyone else here going to be inline this Friday morning? Seen you soon.

Dave
0

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

  • Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Posts: 22,079
  • Joined: 15-July 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Saint Cloud, Florida

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:25 AM

For Weekend 1, even Jeremy Bulloch did not require you arrive that early to get there. Also, it depends on the celeb you want an autograph for. Yesterday they had extra Daniel Logan FASTPASS's still well into the morning and Warwick Davis' line was short every day. I would say it's a good idea to arrive 2 hours before park opening to be absolutely certain of getting a FASTPASS.
0

#3 User is offline   Blixzit 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,302
  • Joined: 17-February 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hollywoodlandvilletownplace

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:39 AM

On Friday, I got to the park at around 8am. At park opening (9am) I went straight over to get in line for Jeremy Bulloch. I got the fastpass at 9:32am, and it was already for the 4pm signing.
0

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

  • Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Posts: 22,079
  • Joined: 15-July 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Saint Cloud, Florida

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:07 PM

Blixzit said:

On Friday, I got to the park at around 8am. At park opening (9am) I went straight over to get in line for Jeremy Bulloch. I got the fastpass at 9:32am, and it was already for the 4pm signing.
Doesn't surprise me. David Prowse is going to have an even bigger line I'm sure this coming weekend.
0

#5 User is offline   Conal 

  • Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5
  • Joined: 04-May 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Orlando, FL

Posted 10 June 2008 - 08:04 AM

QuickGold said:

Blixzit said:

On Friday, I got to the park at around 8am. At park opening (9am) I went straight over to get in line for Jeremy Bulloch. I got the fastpass at 9:32am, and it was already for the 4pm signing.
Doesn't surprise me. David Prowse is going to have an even bigger line I'm sure this coming weekend.


It was about the same on Sunday ( 06/08 ). I arrived at the park at around 8:30, got my fastpass at 9:28 and my time was 3-3:15. Make sure you head over towards the ropes by the Hollywood and Vine restaurant when they let people in the front gate. I had to ask to be let past the ropes to get in line for Bulloch. If you've not gone before this could be confusing and you may end up waiting with the crowd on Hollywood Blvd instead of getting to the line as soon as possible.
0

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

  • Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Posts: 22,079
  • Joined: 15-July 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Saint Cloud, Florida

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:59 AM

Conal said:

QuickGold said:

Blixzit said:

On Friday, I got to the park at around 8am. At park opening (9am) I went straight over to get in line for Jeremy Bulloch. I got the fastpass at 9:32am, and it was already for the 4pm signing.
Doesn't surprise me. David Prowse is going to have an even bigger line I'm sure this coming weekend.


It was about the same on Sunday ( 06/08 ). I arrived at the park at around 8:30, got my fastpass at 9:28 and my time was 3-3:15. Make sure you head over towards the ropes by the Hollywood and Vine restaurant when they let people in the front gate. I had to ask to be let past the ropes to get in line for Bulloch. If you've not gone before this could be confusing and you may end up waiting with the crowd on Hollywood Blvd instead of getting to the line as soon as possible.
Good point. Those not in the initial line before anyone is let into the park may not know they can get into the park and beyond the rope drop that is over by Primetime Cafe to get a FASTPASS. It may require a lot of squeezing by people and mentioning your intent to CMs.
0

#7 User is offline   Blixzit 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,302
  • Joined: 17-February 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hollywoodlandvilletownplace

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:59 PM

Yeah, I got stuck behind like 4 guests that had no idea what was going on. The CM was explaining to them it was for fastpasses for autographs and the guests were like... oh, ok lets do that, that sounds nice. I doubt they expected it to be the way it was, lol.
0

#8 User is offline   kimdben 

  • Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 188
  • Joined: 22-April 08
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ocala

Posted 12 June 2008 - 07:23 PM

Confusion :!: :?:

Sounds like what my brother and I had in 2003 (our first SWW). There is hardly ever any explanation for how those passes work. Newcomers get left out in the cold if they don't follow the crowd to the left or ask a CM. If we had followed the crowd that first morning, we would have gotten Anthony Daniels and possibly even Billy Dee Williams. Things were much quieter then. Much easier, they were still using wristbands then.
Kim
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
0

#9 User is offline   QuickGold 

  • Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Posts: 22,079
  • Joined: 15-July 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Saint Cloud, Florida

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:11 PM

I do think the system works but there is still some confusion. There was a storm trooper on the roof of a store on Hollywood Blvd yelling out instructions for those who want an autograph
0

#10 User is offline   kimdben 

  • Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 188
  • Joined: 22-April 08
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ocala

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:42 AM

I think the system only works for those that have a clue and are at the park before 8:30AM. If you show up after opening, you're essentially screwed. Most people who have never gone to SWW have no idea that they need to be at the park, in line before 9AM. Some think if they show up later that they will still be able to get an autograph. I've heard people asking CMs later in the day how to get an autograph.

The hotels (esp. Disney resorts) should have proper info for their guests on actual SWW weekends. They don't always. I believe they may have started that last year. Did they have info for hotel guests this year?

I wasn't there on Friday (and won't be the whole month) so I didn't hear or see the trooper up on top. My mom and I purposely came (on Saturday) slightly late 9:15AM. This Saturday we'll be there hopefully by 8:30AM the latest. If the crowds are even remotely as quiet as they were last Saturday it should be okay. If it's a typical SWW crowd then who knows? I just hope that I can get David Prowse's autgraph.

To me it's still very frustrating to see pics of people in line and the sun isn't even up yet. I personally don't approve of that. I never did it for concert tickets and I won't do it for this. Besides which, for concert tickets I've found that if you go up to the box office day of the show, you tend to get better seats than the ones stupid enough to sit out all night. I got tons of great seats that way, even to ones that supposedly were sold out. :D
Kim
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
0

#11 User is offline   QuickGold 

  • Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Posts: 22,079
  • Joined: 15-July 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Saint Cloud, Florida

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:04 AM

You raise some good points Kim. The fact is many guests do zero research for their trips to WDW despite planing on spending thousands of dollars on their vacation. When I buy a TV or a car or something else very expensive, I research everything to make sure my money is well spent and I think many people do too. But when it comes to WDW, so many people spend lots of money and don't do any research in advance.

While I'm not in favor of showing up to the Studios at pre-dawn hours, I do think that many folks would greatly benefit from even a little planning. Besides, SWW is 3 days per weekend, so you ought to be able to go back the next day and remedy the situation.
0

#12 User is offline   Blixzit 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,302
  • Joined: 17-February 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hollywoodlandvilletownplace

Posted 13 June 2008 - 06:28 PM

QuickGold said:

I do think the system works but there is still some confusion. There was a storm trooper on the roof of a store on Hollywood Blvd yelling out instructions for those who want an autograph

Posted Image
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users