Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A great New Year's weekend!

#1 User is offline   Darthbeagle 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 January 2007 - 07:13 PM

I normally don’t write stuff like this down, but we had such a great weekend I thought I’d give it a try. We arrived early on Saturday morning in time to put the beagle into the kennel. WDW was so crowded, that we had to call ahead and reserve the space the night before (by paying for an extra night). Ft. Wilderness kennel is the best, though, and it was worth it to make sure we got in. Next stop was MK. We made it to MK early enough that they weren’t too crowded yet. We went straight to Pirates of the Caribbean since it had been extensively revised since we last saw it. Wow, it is really nice, and worth the relatively short wait. Jack the pirate really looks great. Next we went to Big Thunder and again, there was not much of a delay. We walked through the park and made it to Tomorrowland. They have just added some Star War cars so we had to get them for the collection at only $4 each. As always, we took a quick spin on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority. I was able to steal a kiss in the dark like I’ve been doing for 33 years. It’s really the WEDWAY People Mover, by the way. WED stands for Walter E. Disney. A nice lunch at the terrace on the way back to Main Street followed; first time for Sushi at MK for us. It was OK, but I’d probably go for the burger at the restaurant just off Main Street next time. By then, they were within an hour of the parade, which we haven’t seen for a while. After settling on the train station balcony to view from, (for a quick getaway), we were able to just chill and watch the crowd for an hour or so. This may be the best part. There were so many people from all over the world milling around and being nice to each other, it was just really special. At this point I wanted, and now want to thank all of the U.S. Service men and women around the world who are protecting us and making that scene possible. :jedi: I know what you’re doing is hard right now, but someday, you’ll be standing here looking down Main Street, USA past the huge American Flag. I hope you‘ll enjoy your times here as much as I have when it’s your turn to remember those who will be serving our country at that time. The Parade was great and well worth the restful wait. OK, back to the kennel to feed TJ and then off to MGM to see what’s new at Tatooine. There was a huge line for Star Tours, which is pretty cool. We didn’t hang around MGM long; everyone in the world was there for the Osborne lights. We’d seen them a couple of times already this year, so we dodged the crowd and went to the Marketplace. Traded for a couple of pins and headed back to Pop Century for dinner and a rest prior to heading for EPCOT. We decided to take in the Holiday edition of Illuminations since we’d received rave reviews and the weather was so cooperative. This was the first time in a while we had stayed for the show. Double Wow, this was the most amazing thing we’ve seen. The fireworks are indescribable. So, that about wraps up day one. On Sunday, before we left the kennel area, we had to hang around until the tickets went on sale for the “hay” ride on New Year’s Eve. (There’s not really any hay). We went to Animal Kingdom early, of course, we went on a safari, and then I rode Expedition Everest. I had to wait like 3 minutes in the singles line, it is a really cool ride. Then we decided to see the Nemo show at the Theater in the Wild for the very first time. It’s really nice for kids, but not much of a comparison to Tarzan Rocks for adults. The building is nice, though. We had early dinner reservations at Boma in the Animal Kingdom lodge, wonderful food. Price is starting to catch up with the quality, though. Still a good deal, but it used to be a steal. Missed our Disney Dining discount for the Holiday, too. Around 8:30, we stopped by for a drink and to take in Bob’s piano bar show at Dixie Landings, oops, Riverside. This was the first time we’ve seen his show; he is amazing. He really is an attraction not to be missed. Then, we were able to take in the MK fireworks at 1150 from across the lake on our hayride. It was just perfect. It was one of the best weekends ever. We enjoyed lots of firsts, even for us regulars. Thanks to the Cast at WDW :trooper: for making this stuff possible.
Happy New Year, DB

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 02 January 2007 - 01:42 PM

Thanks for posting the report DB! Sounds like you had a great time. This whole week I was thinking "I could go to WDW..." considering I have the time off and my annual pass but then I thought about the crowds and didn't feel like fighting with them. Any photos to share?

#3 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 03 January 2007 - 07:45 PM

Star Wars Cars??? Darthbeagle speak to me. Be more specific!!! :twisted:
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#4 User is offline   Darthbeagle 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:51 PM

Star Wars Cars??? Darthbeagle speak to me. Be more specific!!!

The cars are pretty cool, matchbook size. There are 5 of them, Darth Vader, Genl. Grevious, a Storm trooper, R2, and 3P0. The characters are distorted so as to be streamlined into the shape of a car. Nice bubble pack. 4 bucks each ain't bad. You need to get them. Are you going to be here before SWW 2007?
Regards,
DB

#5 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:18 AM

Darthbeagle said:

Are you going to be here before SWW 2007?
Regards,
DB

I'll be there March 3rd. I will try to hunt them down then :fett: . Thanks for the tip and info!!! :lol: :lol:
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#6 User is offline   Darthbeagle 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 06 January 2007 - 01:13 PM

Good,
You should have no trouble.
There are a lot of figures in this series, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, etc. etc., dozens I think. The trouble is that every location seems to have a little different mix. Star Wars are not always completely represented, so to get all 5 you may have to try several locations. By then, there may be additional figures beyond the basic 5, that would be nice. I'll keep you posted somehow.
MTFBWY.
DB

#7 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 13 January 2007 - 09:29 AM

Thanks for the report!

And it will always be the WEDway for us too LOL Guess I'm showing my age again. :mrgreen:

#8 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 13 January 2007 - 02:23 PM

It sounds like you had an amazing weekend!
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users