• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Need some help with Dec. trip....

#1 User is offline   Love That Duck 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, Travel, Family, Reading, History

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:08 AM

Wow, I can hardly believe my first trip to The World since May 2007, my first MouseFest, and my first full week away from work in 3.5 years is just 25 days away!! Pinch me, I must be dreaming :sleep:

I have a couple of items I need some assistance with ...

1. Can I make it to DHS in time for BPB arrival day? I arrive MCO at 10:45 a.m., Wed., Dec. 10, and taking DME, for the first time, to POFQ. Will DME get me to POFQ in time to check in (check out my room if available) and get to DHS in time to get a good spot for BPB?

2. Where are BPB Party Zones at DHS? I've been to BPB at DCA several times but this will be first time for BPB at DHS. Are the Party Zones marked by signs at DHS like they were at DCA? I definitely want to be in a Party Zone for BPB.

3. The BIG Question: Should I Activate AP Exchange Certificate or Go 7-Day Hopper? I purchased my AP exchange certificate before the WDW ticket price increases last summer. I originally planned to activate my AP at MouseFest '08, take 1-2 weekend trips -09, and get another 7 days on the AP during my 10-day MouseFest '09 trip before newing AP mid-trip getting 4 days on the new AP before heading home.

Now, I probably won't make it back to WDW before MouseFest 09. This means I'd get 7 days on AP Dec. '08 and 7 days Dec. '09 = 14 days total on AP. I'm going room only AAA rate Dec. '08 and I'll will go with MouseFan Travel's MouseFest rate '09 (whenever that comes out) so I won't be using AP for room discounts. I will use it for purchases at World of Disney and possibly purchase DDE for Dec. '09 trip.

So, what do you think? Do I activate AP this trip or hold it and go with 7-Day Hopper? Is 14 days on AP past break-even point? Just when I think it's about the same either way, I think I might beat another ticket price increase if I hold the AP until Dec. 09 saving more $$$. :lol: :wacko: Help! :joker:
Jerry & Nancy <><

Sept. 3, 2011 - Sunrise Vow Renewal & Drive to WDW
Sept. 4, 2011 - DTD Hilton - Honeymoon
Sept. 5-15, 2011 - Pop Century - Honeymoon

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 15 November 2008 - 10:25 AM

Love That Duck said:

1. Can I make it to DHS in time for BPB arrival day? I arrive MCO at 10:45 a.m., Wed., Dec. 10, and taking DME, for the first time, to POFQ. Will DME get me to POFQ in time to check in (check out my room if available) and get to DHS in time to get a good spot for BPB?
Yes, you should be able to make it. Taking DME, you ought to be at your resort by noon at worst and then take a bus to DHS. Considering it won't be that busy, you can get a pretty good spot if you show up about 15-20 minutes early.

Love That Duck said:

2. Where are BPB Party Zones at DHS? I've been to BPB at DCA several times but this will be first time for BPB at DHS. Are the Party Zones marked by signs at DHS like they were at DCA? I definitely want to be in a Party Zone for BPB.
There are no signs. Optimally, you should watch the parade on Hollywood Boulevard between Mickey's of Hollywood and Keystone Clothiers and then when the parade is wrapping up the performance (you can tell, when the performers start packing up among other things, the trampolines) literally run past Hollywood & Vine, past 50's Prime Time Cafe, past Indiana Jones and grab a spot near Sounds Dangerous to catch the parade again as it swings around for another stop.

Love That Duck said:

3. The BIG Question: Should I Activate AP Exchange Certificate or Go 7-Day Hopper? I purchased my AP exchange certificate before the WDW ticket price increases last summer. I originally planned to activate my AP at MouseFest '08, take 1-2 weekend trips -09, and get another 7 days on the AP during my 10-day MouseFest '09 trip before newing AP mid-trip getting 4 days on the new AP before heading home.

Now, I probably won't make it back to WDW before MouseFest 09. This means I'd get 7 days on AP Dec. '08 and 7 days Dec. '09 = 14 days total on AP. I'm going room only AAA rate Dec. '08 and I'll will go with MouseFan Travel's MouseFest rate '09 (whenever that comes out) so I won't be using AP for room discounts. I will use it for purchases at World of Disney and possibly purchase DDE for Dec. '09 trip.

So, what do you think? Do I activate AP this trip or hold it and go with 7-Day Hopper? Is 14 days on AP past break-even point? Just when I think it's about the same either way, I think I might beat another ticket price increase if I hold the AP until Dec. 09 saving more $$$. :lol: :wacko: Help! :joker:
If you're looking at least 14 days, definitely redeem the AP. Don't forget that with an AP you can save money in other places like resort stays and at 14 days, you've likely reached the breakeven point. Also, if you change your mind between now and next December about another trip, you can easily go down whereas if you waited, you might be reluctant for a quick trip since you would need tickets (or would feel like you wasted money back in this December for not using the AP).

#3 User is offline   Love That Duck 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:26 AM

Thanks so much for the quick response to so many questions.

Thanks for the tip to scurry over and catch the BPB a second time. :lol: I simply adore BPB. It's so much fun.

Redeem AP certificate it is. Thanks for your thoughts on this issue. You are right, if I have my AP I'll jump at the chance for a long weekend to F&G or F&W if I get the chance in 2009. And, who knows, Coleen may find the AP rate is better than the MouseFan Travel rate for MouseFest 09. It feels good finally having that decision made. :wacko:

I seem to recall an Episode of WDW Today that said catching the beginning of Osborne Lights is NOT a pleasant experience. (LOL, in fact, I believe Scopa said it is so crowded "you could faint and you wouldn't fall down". [lol, laughing hysterically here]. How long should I give the crowds to ease up a bit before heading over there. I've never seen Osborne Lights and I thought my arrival day would be a great opportunity to take my time and enjoy the spectacle.

Just how crowded is the beginning of Osborne Lights? I'm planning to attend the Ho Ho Ho Lotta Lights Meet with Tagrel but I may need to rethink that if the crowds are really that heavy. I have a bit of trouble in seriously heavy crowds, like when you cannot move the crowd is so heavy. What do you think?

Thanks again for your suggestions. I really appreciate it. I know I'm asking for a lot of help here.

I love the Studios. I'm from Los Angeles and several aspects of DHS feel a bit like home for me.
Jerry & Nancy <><

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 15 November 2008 - 03:06 PM

In regards to the lights, the first hour is crazy packed so you'll want to avoid it then. Ideally, see the Osborne Lights during a showing of Fantasmic.

For a guide to seeing the Lights with the least crowds possible, check out this article I wrote about it: http://www.studiosce...n/weekly58.html

#5 User is offline   Love That Duck 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:48 PM

Thanks very much, Matt.

I'll grab something to eat during the first hour of Osborne, view during Fantasmic!, and catch the bus back to POFQ.

Have a magical day and thanks for the link! :lol:
Jerry & Nancy <><

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users