Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pirates Reviews, Let's Hear Em!

#1 User is offline   lilchippewa 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 July 2003 - 11:19 PM

I'll start off with my review since I just saw Pirates of the Caribbean tonite. I loved this movie. Johnny Depp is over the top as the lead character of Captain Jack Sparrow. I really liked his performance. He simply stole the show from the rest of the cast. Keira Knightley, aka my future wife :lol: , is a good actor who is stunningly beautiful as well as talented as Elizabeth Swann. Orlando Bloom was decent as Will Turner, although I didn't like him in this role nearly as much as his role in the Lord of the Rings movies. On the whole, this movie is a great summer popcorn movie. I really think people are going to flock to this movie because of it's connection to the popular Disney ride. I'm sure a lot of people will be surprised just how entertaining this movie is, I know I was.
I give Pirates two thumbs up. I highly recommend it.
-Josh

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 17 July 2003 - 01:53 PM

I haven't seen it yet(hopefully this weekend) but some good news about a possible sequel...

Given the success of Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, the studio is charting a course for future high seas adventures. According to a Reuters report, a studio spokeswoman says that Disney's Nina Jacobson, head of the Buena Vista Motion Picture Group, is meeting with the film's scribes Ted Elliot and Terry Rossio (The Mask of Zorro, Shrek) about returning for a sequel.

The spokesperson added that the possibility of sequel would hinge on the development of a solid script. But, as Reuters points out, that shouldn't be too difficult since Elliot has already been talking up his ideas for a Pirates sequel in the press. He's quoted as saying, "I have two more stories to tell about Jack Sparrow."

In tandem with the Reuters report, The Hollywood Reporter claims that Disney has already made sequel arrangements with the film's three principals: Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley. We'll keep you posted, matey.

#3 User is offline   David 

• Studios God

Posted 18 July 2003 - 09:34 AM

Sequels? Awesome! Yeah I loved this movie as well. I saw it when I was in Orlando on some mega-screen. The set was cool, the costumes were better, and the acting simply rocked. Johnny Depp has made a future classic yet again. And Kiera Knightley... Mmmm....

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 18 July 2003 - 07:01 PM

Just saw it....great movie! :pirate:

#5 User is offline   ILUVDISNEYWRLD 

• Studios Regular

Posted 22 July 2003 - 07:45 PM

Great Movie :smoke:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1