• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Holiday Celebrations!!!!

#1 User is offline   suziebabe 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney!!!

Posted 25 November 2002 - 08:06 AM

Information needed from any of you guys regarding best place to spend New Years Eve. We are a UK family (all over 21!) We last visited for the Millenium and celebrated at MGM. So would like advice on best place this year to party! We are staying at Disneys 'Old Key West Resort'. Can you help us Brits have a great time?!LOL.x

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 25 November 2002 - 12:33 PM

Suzie,

First of all, welcome to MGMStudios.Org! :D

Disney is having a bunch events for New Years Eve at Pleasure Island. Personally, I feel the place will be swamped so I'd recommend bringing in the new year differently.

If I were you, I'd pick your favorite park(MK, EPCOT, MGM or AK) and pick your favorite restaurant to eat at and then enjoy the new years festivities going on at that park. For me, nothing beats counting down the time to the new year while waiting to be dropped on Tower of Terrror to be launched from Rock 'n' Roller Coaster :grinblue:

Also, another tip is to go to MGM and watch the bands. Some recent bands there were Van Halen, Cheap Trick, LFO, Youngstown, and the Monkee's Davy Jones. Also, if you exit the park before midnight and stand in the parking lot, you can see fireworks all around you, along with hearing blasting music. It really is amazing to see all the parks fireworks at the same time, as it only happens once or twice a year.

#3 User is offline   suziebabe 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Disney!!!

Posted 27 November 2002 - 01:09 PM

Thanks QuickGold!!! :D

Can i firstly say how great this site is....I love it all :P
We will definetly be celebrating in MGM. Great info about viewing all the fireworks in the parking lot. Im counting the days till we arrive on the 21st. Im guessing the weather will be slightly warmer than we're used to in UK at christmas.
I'll keep checking the site daily to see if other members have inside info for me too!

See you all soon!
Bye from CHILLY UK!!! :D

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 27 November 2002 - 02:44 PM

Suzie,

If you haven't done so allready, here are some more resources on this site you might consider:

Studios Frequently Asked Questions - Lots of commonaly asked questions are here and is worth reading just for the tidbits of info.

Studio Secrets Fun little bits of info regarding the Studios and things you can do there that you may not have been aware of.

Hope this helps! :D

#5 User is offline   DisneyFreak1228 

• Studios God

Posted 28 November 2002 - 09:58 PM

Suzie,

Incase you're thinking about heading to Pleasure Island, I managed to find the line-up on wdwmagic.com

Currently set for New Years Eve is:
B52's - West End Stage
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts - Motion
The Devonshires - Hub Stage
Chris Botti - Jazz Company

As always, all acts are subject to change.

Hope that helps a bit!

But of course, nothing beats Matt's suggestion (Go with me, here. I'm just trying to get Matt to stop bringing up the fact that I ditched him in NY! :D ) Seriously, though. Matt's suggestion is mad cool. Whatever you decide to do, though, will be wicked b/c you're at Disney! :P
*Leslie Ivette*

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users