Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Once Upon a Time in Mexico

#1 User is offline   lilchippewa 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 September 2003 - 11:15 PM

Hey everyone, I went and saw Once Upon a Time in Mexico tonight and thought I write a review of the movie right here on the boards.

First of all, I loved the previous two movies in the series, (ultra-cheaply made, but high quality film) El Mariachi and (the remake/sequel to El Mariachi) Desperado. This movie has more plot than the first two combined and because of that, I didn't like it as much as Desperado. There is a lot of double crossing involved in the flick so its hard to tell sometimes who's getting crossed up in the mix. Don't get me wrong, though, it's a worthy sequel to Desperado and I liked the movie a whole lot.

It's been one heck of a year for Johnny Depp because once again he OWNS another movie. Earlier this year its was Pirates, these days its Once Upon. He has the most screentime of any actor, even over Antonio Banderas, the star of Desperado. He is awesome as a corrupt CIA agent who has a scheme to become really rich. Depp seems to be having way to much fun in this role. Also, possibly the coolest thing about the movie is his character's false third arm. (Huh, False arm?) Don't worry. I'll explain. He has a false arm on top of his right arm so it looks like his right hand is empty but really under the false arm, he always has his hand on his pistol trigger.

Overall, Once Upon a Time In Mexico is a good movie. I'm a big fan of the previous two so I'm probably biased. If you want to see this movie, it is important to have seen Desperado so you are familiar with the character of El Mariachi.
-Josh

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 26 September 2003 - 08:33 AM

I want to see it, but I think I should see the first two films first so I guess I'll be making a few trips to Blockbuster...thanks for the review Josh.

#3 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 September 2003 - 11:28 PM

I really want to go see this!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users