Studios Central: "Play 'n Dine at Hollywood & Vine" Character Breakfast - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"Play 'n Dine at Hollywood & Vine" Character Breakfast

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 25 April 2006 - 12:28 PM

It's a go!

A new character breakfast, featuring Playhouse Disney pals, is now booking for dates starting June 25, 2006, and beyond. The meal will take place for breakfast only at the Hollywood and Vine restaurant, dinner will remain as before (without characters) at the restaurant.

For bookings and information, call 407-WDW-DINE (407-939-3463).

#2 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 02:07 PM

Hmm, they went from a long awaited boy-ish oriented meal to a preschooler one? I think alot of people that have been waiting for something for boys will be disappointed. DS is 6 1/2 now and would have no interest in Playhouse Disney now. (2 years ago would have been a different story) On the other hand my DD will love it!

I hope they try to develop something for the "older" boys again.

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:11 PM

Figaro said:

Hmm, they went from a long awaited boy-ish oriented meal to a preschooler one? I think alot of people that have been waiting for something for boys will be disappointed. DS is 6 1/2 now and would have no interest in Playhouse Disney now. (2 years ago would have been a different story) On the other hand my DD will love it!

I hope they try to develop something for the "older" boys again.
Couldn't agree more Figaro. I was excited for a Toy Story character meal. From what I gather, the decision to drop Toy Story was because of some issue Pixar had with the plan, not Disney being inept to the needs of males. At any rate, I'm sure there are plenty of 3 year olds thrilled about eating with Rollie Pollie Ollie.

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:14 PM

Starting today, April 25, reservations can be made for a NEW character breakfast and lunch at Hollywood & Vine at Disney-MGM Studios that will begin June 25, 2006. (Dinner will continue to be a NON-character meal.) Characters featured include: JoJo and Goliath from JoJo's Circus and June and Leo from the Little Einsteins. The meals will be hosted by the Playhouse Pals, who will entertain diners with Playhouse Disney songs and dancing.

#5 User is offline   MikeS 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 26 April 2006 - 11:26 AM

Yo Matt,

Just from my perusing the web this morning I would say that at best this news has not really gotten anyone excited...I know I'm always interested in character meals when they first start up and usually check them out.

However, I think I will pass on this one. H&V would have done well w/o these characters. My guess is that the smart guests won't go because they realize the BF probably has a $5-9 surcharge on it because it is a character meal.

No thanks. I will pass.

I will be watching to see how long this "experiment" will last.

I've giving it 4-6 months.

Still the best deal on property for breakfast lies to the right of Pioneer Hall in Fort Wilderness....Trail's End.

Actually, it is the best deal for BF, Lunch, or Din Din.

Again...I'll be surprised if this character BF will be there by the end of the year.

#6 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:01 PM

I have to agree with Mike on this. I have a DD in the "target" audience but we won't go. My DS would be bored stiff and I can't see paying a character breakfast meal price for us. Since DD is only 2, she'll be free but it's not worth it for 2 adults and 1 child.

Plus the characters they have really aren't popular in our house. Bear would be a hit with us, but like others have mentioned, he wouldn't have the room to move about. Maybe Koala Bros or Stanley would be good. Can't do Wiggles or Doodlebops since kids would know they aren't the "real" ones.

We definately would have done Pixar/TS one if it had ever worked out.

I guess we'll just stick with our traditional Cape May breakfast since both kids (& parents :r2d2: ) like the characters there.

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:14 PM

MikeS said:

Just from my perusing the web this morning I would say that at best this news has not really gotten anyone excited...I know I'm always interested in character meals when they first start up and usually check them out.

However, I think I will pass on this one. H&V would have done well w/o these characters. My guess is that the smart guests won't go because they realize the BF probably has a $5-9 surcharge on it because it is a character meal.

No thanks. I will pass.
Couldn't agree more Scopa. I think the bigger problem isn't so much that we got a Playhouse Disney theme; It's that we heard what we could have gotten with Toy Story and now have gotten this instead. Talk about the grass being greener on the other side....

#8 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 26 April 2006 - 03:05 PM

The new name of the breakfast is: "Play 'n Dine at Hollywood & Vine" Character Breakfast

#9 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 26 April 2006 - 06:25 PM

Great name, but a dissapointment to anyone with children over 4 years old. I really think this narrows who they will attact, and for the most park we think the park is set up more for the next age group and up. Nice for those parents who are looking for something else, but really a dissapointment for me and my family. Where is Buzz, where are the Green Army men!!!!! :r2d2: :cry:
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#10 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 26 April 2006 - 07:07 PM

Quick Facts:

Where: Hollywood & Vine at Disney MGM-Studios
What: "Play 'n Dine at Hollywood & Vine" Character Breakfast and Lunch
When: Reservations now available for June 25, 2006 and beyond
Who: JoJo and Goliath (JoJo's Circus) and June and Leo (Little Einsteins). The "Playhouse Pals" with host the meals and entertain guests with popular songs and dances from Playhouse Disney programing.

Details:

Breakfast

Hours: 8 am - 11:20 am
Type:Buffet Service
Price: $12.99 (Guest ages 3-9) $22.99 (Guest ages 10+) Plus Tax.Non-Alcoholic, Non Specialty Beverage Included.
Menu: Seasonal fruit, Freshly baked pastries, Assorted yogurts, Breakfast Meats, Scrambled Eggs and Frittata, Mickey Waffles with assorted toppings, Oven Roasted Potatoes, Sausage Gravy and Biscuits.

Lunch
Hours: 11:40 am- 2:25 pm
Type:Buffet Service
Price: $12.99 (Guest ages 3-9) $24.99 (Guest ages 10+) Plus Tax. Non-Alcoholic, Non Specialty Beverage Included.
Menu: Creative array of Salads, Sliced Deli Meats, Cheeses with freshly Baked Breads, Pot Roast, Fishcakes, Herb-crusted Salmon, Baked Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Spoon Bread and Seasonal Vegetables. Desserts include Soft Serve Ice Cream, Brownies and a variety of other traditional items. Children's items also available.

Disney Dining Plan?: Yes, Requires 1 Table Service Meal

Packages and Meals Included:
Magic Your Way Plus Dining (B,L)
Magic Your Way Premium Package (B,L)
Magic Your Way Platinum Package (B,L)

Disney's Dining Experience?: Yes, 20% discount on ALL Food & Beverage for members & up to 9 Guests. DDE Discount not available on Holidays.

Kosher needs?: Yes, needs can be accommodated if ordered at least 24-hours in advance. Guest will only receive one meal, this will not be all-you-care-to-eat. Guest will be charged the regular buffet or all-you-care-to-eat price.

Special dietary needs?: Yes, special needs (such as allergies) can be accommodated at this location. Please advise dine agent at the time of booking.

Lifestyle dietary needs?: Yes, lifestyle needs (such as no sugar added, low fat, low sodium, vegetarian, or vegan) can be accommodated at this location. Please advise a Cast Member at the location of the special needs and they will be happy to assist you.

Special Celebrations?: Yes, guests may call 407-560-5381, up to 48 hours in advance to order birthday or special occasion cake.

#11 User is offline   quakercub 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:01 PM

Well, at least character meals have come back to the Studios. I stil wish that we could have had the Toy Story breakfast. That would've been worth getting up and out there early for. Oh well, maybe after this one sinks (it doesn't even sound like the most popular Playhouse Disney characters will be there.) Maybe they'll do a heros breakfast (Hercules, Aladdin, Peter Pan, the Beast, Robin Hood, even the Princes would work). There just needs to be something for boys

#12 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 04 May 2006 - 08:28 PM

I made a reservation for the new meal in September so I'm interested to see how it's going to be.

Anyone going sooner than September?

#13 User is offline   TowerOfTerrorFreak 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:FIRST OF ALL My Husband! Music, Tower Of Terror, Tower Of Terror, Aerosmith, The Beatles, My iPod, Tower Of Terror....and Tower Of Terror

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:51 PM

I am going the 29th of this month...but I think I will pass on that one. My boyfriend probably wouldnt be too thrilled..it's his first time going...so it would be up to him.

~*~*~*~TOWER OF TERROR~*~*~*~*~

Ladies and Gentlemen Welcome to the Hollywood Tower Hotel. We would like to remind you that the Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror features a high speed drop and you should be in good health free from heart condition back or neck problems, or any other physical conditions which could be aggravated by this adventure. We are sorry but children under thee seven years of age are not, not accompanied by an adult or guest that do not meet the 40 in. height requirement may not ride. While waiting to check in we ask that you step all the way forward and fill in all thee available space around you. Food and Drinks should be finished upon entering the hotel lobby and for the courtesy of those around you smoking is not permitted. Also for your safety we ask that you and your children do not stand or walk on the garden walls. Thank you and do enjoy your stay at the Hollywood Tower Hotel. (I know they dont say this exact announcement anymore..but....I like this one so....yea........lol!!)

Tower Of Terror : 105 TIMES!!!

*~*~*~Jackie~*~*~*

I LOVE WALT DISNEY!!!!!!

#14 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:22 PM

I remember the best character meal I've had at the Studios was in the space where Playhouse Disney is currently located. It was called the Soundstage Restaurant, and it featured movie characters from Beauty and the Beast to Hunchback of Notre Dame, and everyone in between. One time I went, Aladdin went through my sketchbook and described several illustrations as "moments from his life." It was a sure treat, and it makes me disappointed to see that go.

One time, while in that area of the Studios, a CM chatted me up, and I told her about how good the Soundstage Restaurant was and asked why'd they had gotten rid of it. Her answer: "So we could bring you Playhouse Disney."

:roll:
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#15 Guest_jknepfle_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 January 2007 - 01:25 PM

has anyone gone yet? My 4 year old is really looking forward to it!

#16 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 23 January 2007 - 07:45 PM

jknepfle said:

has anyone gone yet? My 4 year old is really looking forward to it!
I went in September and I'm sure your 4 year old will love it. It helps if they're familiar with Jojo or Little Einsteins beforehand but the interaction and dancing involved (the kids are called up to dance with the characters in the center of the restaurant) will get any preschooler excited.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users