• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Last Tour to Endor Star Wars CV

#41 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:26 AM

Looks like the biggest show for the party will be the one at Indiana Jones theater, due to the capacity of the show (2085 seats) I expect for people to be waiting a long time here to get good seats.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#42 User is offline   squishybear 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney!!!

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:24 AM

does everyone wanna set up a meet and greet perhaps before the event starts?
I don't know all of your faces, and would hate to miss meeting you because I don't recognize people.

#43 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:38 AM

View Postsquishybear, on Aug 12 2010, 10:24 AM, said:

does everyone wanna set up a meet and greet perhaps before the event starts?
I don't know all of your faces, and would hate to miss meeting you because I don't recognize people.

Not a bad idea. The event starts at 8pm, so maybe a 7:00 meet up somewhere? Tip board?

#44 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:59 PM

View PostQuickGold, on Aug 12 2010, 11:38 AM, said:

Not a bad idea. The event starts at 8pm, so maybe a 7:00 meet up somewhere? Tip board?

Meeting everyone again would be nice, I'm planning on getting to the park around 6:30pm, so 7pm would be good with us.

#45 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:50 AM

Finally a schedule for Last Tour to Endor:
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Star-T...nt-schedule.htm

#46 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:31 PM

Lol awesome the Death Star Disco must be like the Playhouse Disney Dance Party they do for EMH nights

#47 User is offline   squishybear 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney!!!

Posted 13 August 2010 - 09:34 PM

7:00 pm sounds good to me too.

I got an update from a friend of mine at American Idol about what's happening there.
There are gonna be shows at 8, 9 and 10, with a final at 11.
The judges are going to be Star Wars characters apparently.
She didn't know if the song selection would be adapted to the Star Wars occasion or whether it would be the same selection as always.

#48 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 14 August 2010 - 12:00 PM

View Postsquishybear, on Aug 13 2010, 10:34 PM, said:

7:00 pm sounds good to me too.

I got an update from a friend of mine at American Idol about what's happening there.
There are gonna be shows at 8, 9 and 10, with a final at 11.
The judges are going to be Star Wars characters apparently.
She didn't know if the song selection would be adapted to the Star Wars occasion or whether it would be the same selection as always.

No the judges will not be star wars characters. Just regular idol. The only difference is if you come in costume and get into the show you can sing in costume. Also there will be no dream ticket given out but there will be a special prize related to the star tours shut down moment at the end of the night.

#49 User is offline   darthstich 

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:41 PM

Wow I am dissapointed in my fan community lol it's been near 24 hours since the event and no comments about it! lol. I just worked it and ill be the first one to talk lol...

First, The "Droids you are looking for" if you will: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=-cOBsaKf7YA : Raiders of the Lost Jedi Temple of Doom (Indy meets Star Wars) full show video with cameos by Anthony Daniels, Seth Green, and (unintentionally) George Lucas.

Next: i got to work the fireworks and stand by the little mermaid show and get to watch all of it. It was amazing! Magic Kingdom has NOTHING on Studios now. best firework show ive seen in Diseny parks all together from this (Biased) opinion. Plus i got to see mark hamill walk by so it was amazing.

I also got a glimpse of the Hyperspace Hoopla on the Special Events stage in front of the hat, and i think anyone will agree that works soo much better then over by JTA.

Overall, the Last Tour to Endor seemed to be Star Wars weekends without budget cuts and celebrity talk shows, which i gotta say is pretty cool. I wouldn't be surprised if they used some things they learned from LTE for SWW 11. I would like to see them bring the special Indy show for it (especially since we no longer have Millionaire with a Star Wars edition) Of course they would have to cut a lot of that fluff they have in the above video out (though id love to see the weekend celebs all be extras in it) And Hoopla on a special events stage, or at least, since we now know they can do Indy/SW shows just fine and dandy after dark, let Star Wars take over the indy show, which is usually before 6, and do Hoopla and RotLJToD in there in the evening. Should be interesting to see how this event impacts the future of Star Wars @ Disney's Hollywood Studios.

So the question is now, who will actually be there for the REAL Last Tour on September 7th?

#50 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:30 AM

Last Tour to Endor was fun but man was it HOT!!! It even felt hotter than during the daytime, very uncomfortable. My small trip report and review:
My daughter did the first JTA "after dark" as the Jedi Master pointed out. Same as regular SWW JTA but without prizes, then we got in line for the main Show. Saw the second one and got a great spot all the way at the bottom by the rails, got great footage of Mr. Lucas himself entering and leaving the theater and us three yelling and screaming like the little nerds we are. Seth Green was an awesome surprise, he's so funny, not to be outdone by Mr. Daniels, between the two they didn't let Jaime King (voice of Aura Sing on CW) talk at all :) On to Hoopla and even though in front of the stage was full all the way down Hollywood BLVD got a great spot to the side and still managed to get great video. Fireworks started off like regular one but toward the middle and the end was awesome. It's the music, you can't go wrong if you have Williams music as background. And then the last show, after being more than 10 min late it felt to me like they had something else planned, because it felt; in the words of my kids, "lame". Wasn't the "imagineer" one of the warm up people from AIE?? I don't know, it just felt lackluster, like some big names were suppose to make an appearance and at the end they couldn't/wouldn't...All in all had a great time.
For future SWW's I hope they keedp Hoopla at the stage at the hat, I mean, they block that area 5 times a day for High School Musical, they can do it once a night for Hoopla, right?? that's my reasoning.
The Indy/Star Wars show should be an addition, it was fun and well executed.
Forgot to mention, my daughter doesn't like fireworks so she went into the Star Wars Disco while the FW were on and got to dance with Mickey, Minnie Donald and R2MK with only 5 other guests, she said it was fun and A/C ;)

Managed to buy the Starspeeder 1000 and the event shirt at Mickey's of Hollywood...Tattooine Traders was, as usual, a madhouse...maybe there will be some expansion to this store as well

#51 User is offline   matthewbritt72 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:42 AM

From the time I got there until the time I left I enjoyed myself. I saw the first stunt show that had Jeremy Bullock, Warick Davis, Ashley, Dee Bradley and the actor who voiced Anakin (who's name eludes me at the moment). It was fantastic! I hope to see it again at SWW. The fireworks were amazing, although I thought that I was going to pass out in the heat. I like the festivities on the big stage at the hat as well, but wouldn't that be in the way of the parade? Anyways, I wanted to stop at guest relations and tell them how much I enjoyed the new shows, but by the time I got out of there it was so late that I did't take the time to do so.

#52 User is offline   ksomm814 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:38 AM

View Postmatthewbritt72, on Aug 16 2010, 09:42 AM, said:

From the time I got there until the time I left I enjoyed myself. I saw the first stunt show that had Jeremy Bullock, Warick Davis, Ashley, Dee Bradley and the actor who voiced Anakin (who's name eludes me at the moment). It was fantastic! I hope to see it again at SWW. The fireworks were amazing, although I thought that I was going to pass out in the heat. I like the festivities on the big stage at the hat as well, but wouldn't that be in the way of the parade? Anyways, I wanted to stop at guest relations and tell them how much I enjoyed the new shows, but by the time I got out of there it was so late that I did't take the time to do so.

It's Matt Lanter.

Here are a few pics from the first show:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50905219@N05/...57624737163020/

#53 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:54 AM

I thought the event was great. I was in the first show of Indy as well and although it was atrociously hot in there, the show was amazing. Bravo to Disney!

The next best event was the fireworks. These fireworks blew away the NYE/July 4th fireworks IMO, given that they were much longer. I do think NYE finale was better, but I really liked what I saw.

Overall, a great event. I felt that if the event was $10-15 cheaper, I'd recommend it to anyone purely for the opportunity to ride the attractions with no wait at all.

I posted my photos here: http://www.studioscentral.com/column/studi...last-tour-endor

#54 User is offline   Pipper011 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:34 PM

I've got to admit that I have always written negative about this event since the beginning!! But after being at CV and seeing signs everywhere about the Last tour to endor party and every panel I went to advertising the Last tour party down my throat I felt like no one was buying tickets. For what I've read or seen on you tube it was like a regular SWW except for the Indy show and fireworks!! Before I left CV on sat. I got a map with the shows that where being offered and I was so happy that I didn't waste my money on this event.

As for the indy show boy was it boring!! I had to keep FF the show because I was falling asleep. As for the show it self it had no imagination at all. It was the same show you see during the day but they just added a couple star wars things in there. It wasn't even funny!! Boba Fett coming down with no rocketpack? Who wrote this garbage!! The celebs looked like idiots during the show as the extras. God they still had the same stunt guy in the crowd routine. To me this was the most disappointing show of all.

The fireworks where beautiful and the music was awesome but not worth $80 bucks. As Yulilin kid said that whole event was "LAME". As I earlier reported that Lucas and Reed entertainment was running this event I still feel this way. I still firmly believe that Lucas rented that park for those 5 hours even though disney was running the shows.
Theres no way Disney would not have a different price for child, make cast members pay for the event or even have a discount for them and also not have passholders get a discount.

Note: If you where not a SWW veteran or have gone to one, then your experience was enhance a 100%. And I'm also happy for the people that went and had a great time. So did I watching the fireworks and the indy show for free and saving $240!!!

#55 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:14 PM

View PostPipper011, on Aug 16 2010, 04:34 PM, said:

I've got to admit that I have always written negative about this event since the beginning!! But after being at CV and seeing signs everywhere about the Last tour to endor party and every panel I went to advertising the Last tour party down my throat I felt like no one was buying tickets. For what I've read or seen on you tube it was like a regular SWW except for the Indy show and fireworks!! Before I left CV on sat. I got a map with the shows that where being offered and I was so happy that I didn't waste my money on this event.

As for the indy show boy was it boring!! I had to keep FF the show because I was falling asleep. As for the show it self it had no imagination at all. It was the same show you see during the day but they just added a couple star wars things in there. It wasn't even funny!! Boba Fett coming down with no rocketpack? Who wrote this garbage!! The celebs looked like idiots during the show as the extras. God they still had the same stunt guy in the crowd routine. To me this was the most disappointing show of all.

The fireworks where beautiful and the music was awesome but not worth $80 bucks. As Yulilin kid said that whole event was "LAME". As I earlier reported that Lucas and Reed entertainment was running this event I still feel this way. I still firmly believe that Lucas rented that park for those 5 hours even though disney was running the shows.
Theres no way Disney would not have a different price for child, make cast members pay for the event or even have a discount for them and also not have passholders get a discount.

Note: If you where not a SWW veteran or have gone to one, then your experience was enhance a 100%. And I'm also happy for the people that went and had a great time. So did I watching the fireworks and the indy show for free and saving $240!!!

WOW please tell us how you really feel!!! On a side note my kids only said that the last show, the Star Tours shutdown, was lame, we enjoyed the Indy/Star Wars show and the fireworks, I consider myself a veteran of both the Studios and SWW and I guess you had to be there to enjoy the atmosphere of it all. But I totally respect your opinion.

#56 User is offline   darthstich 

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:22 PM

Ok i agree $75 is a bit expensive. And as for the no discounts, that'd be because it was made public last minute. it was originally planned as just for Celebration V attendees. I think the event made a decent amount of money.

#57 User is offline   matthewbritt72 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:29 PM

I've never missed a year of SWW since the beginning (many of the years I attended every weekend) and I still enjoyed Last tour greatly. When Boba came down the rope he did have his back pack on and tossed it off as soon as he landed on the ground. Also, I thought that since I did know the routine in the Indy skit, it made the new jokes funnier to me. I thought that the people who hadn't seen the show probably wouldn't think it as cool when the stunt actors were replaced with storm troopers or bounty hunters, as someone who knew the show would. Maybe something brand new would have been better, but I'm not complaining. I was thouroughly entertained the entire night from the time I arrived until I left. Even between the shows. Where else in the world can you see sith lords, jedi and the imperial army line dancing under Mickey's sorcerer's hat, to beats being spun by a rebel pilot dj? No where. And I for one am glad that I didn't miss it even if it was $75.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users