Studios Central: Name change for Disney Dining Experience card - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Name change for Disney Dining Experience card

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:05 AM

On the occasion of the 13th annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, we are pleased to announce that we will be launching a new name for the Disney Dining Experience.

Our Festival, which will take place from September 26 November 9, 2008 will celebrate Cities in Wonderland, and following that theme, your dining club will be named Tables in Wonderland as of September 15, 2008.

This new name will not alter any of your current benefits. We have simply decided to do this to help distinguish your membership from any other dining privileges at Walt Disney World Resort that bares a similar name to the Disney Dining Experience.

You may continue to use your current card until expiration and your renewal card will reflect the new name, Tables in Wonderland.

In addition, we look forward to seeing you during the Festival. The team has planned an exciting line-up of events for the entire 45 days. We are particularly excited about hosting the Bocuse dOr Culinary Competition on September 26th and September 27th from 11:00 a.m. 3:30 p.m. on each day.

Chefs Paul Bocuse, Daniel Boulud and Thomas Keller invite you to watch some of the countries top professional chefs compete live to earn the privilege to represent the United States at the renowned Bocuse dOr International Cuisine Competition in Lyon, France 2009.

Plan to attend this unique event with Al Roker and Dana Cowin, Editor in Chief, Food & Wine Magazine as host emcees. Several celebrity chefs will be judging the Event and will be available for book signings throughout both days. Viewing the Competition is included in park admission.

Also, the Gala Dinner on Saturday, September 27th will be a rare treat and a lot of fun. More information on this event, including the menu will be sent on a separate e-mail . . . an event not to be missed!

We wish you a delicious journey as you explore Cities in Wonderland during the Festival, and as a member of Tables in Wonderland all year around.

Basically just a name change. It's kind of an odd name to pick but as long as they aren't cutting it back in any way, I don't care what they call it :content:

#2 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:08 AM

you are too quick for me

anyway. I am thinking the name change may help distinguish it from the Disney Dining Plan. Everything called Disney Dining whatever may have gotten confusing
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#3 User is offline   TiggerRay 

• Studios God

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:09 AM

I agree Matt....no changes, but still and odd name.
Disneyland - a people trap run by a mouse.

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:10 AM

MJMcBride said:

anyway. I am thinking the name change may help distinguish it from the Disney Dining Plan. Everything called Disney Dining whatever may have gotten confusing
I believe you're correct as to why the change was made. Frankly, I don't think most guests knew of the DDE card in the first place. In fact, I think it was probably more confusing to the CM's than to the guests with the names being so similar.

#5 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:46 AM

QuickGold said:

MJMcBride said:

I believe you're correct as to why the change was made. Frankly, I don't think most guests knew of the DDE card in the first place. In fact, I think it was probably more confusing to the CM's than to the guests with the names being so similar.

and yet, for APers, the DDE is very nice IMHO
JAMBO EVERYONE!

#6 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 12 September 2008 - 06:22 PM

Agreed, I think this was more confusing to the CM's and that is what prompted this change. Either way, I'm not a fan of the new name. It goes with their theme this year for the Food and Wine festival, but beyond that ...ehhh. :x
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#7 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 13 September 2008 - 07:10 AM

The new name sounds too much like "Alice in Wonderland"... Definitely not the best choice for a name.... I would have preferred something simple like Passholder Dining Experience. It easily identifies the benefit to CMs and guests. I think a vast majority us who have APs are "regulars" and not as enchanted with all these gimmick names Disney creates.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#8 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:23 AM

I also think the name is a little too....odd

#9 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike

Posted 13 September 2008 - 07:57 PM

I don't mind it although I agree its a bit odd. But at least its now very different from the DDP
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users